The baths: Disney vs ferry on own

cruise-addict

Hello! We will be visiting Tortola via Disney next month with our 5 year old.  Our back on ship time is 1:30pm. Looking at the ferry schedule we'd only have about 3 hours. (Arrive 8:55 and depart at 12:15)

Is that enough time? Would booking through the ship offer better assurance of not being late, or do they just leave you on your own to take a ferry back anyway?

I'm thinking we should do a beach instead maybe? Thanks for your time!!

Edited by cruise-addict

We’ve only ferried to Virgin Gorda on our own while staying on Tortola so other cruisers can give you a better idea of how the excursion through the ship works. I assume you are given a time to be in the queue at the Top of the Baths for a taxi back to the ferry but...

For a short port time the ship excursion is probably the way to go. The ferries are very reliable if in your own, but with a short port time you aren’t able to take advantage of working with a taxi driver to avoid the biggest crowds by getting dropped at another spot first. So you will be in the crowd, unfortunately.

Whether to go to the Baths or not is difficult to comment on. They are unique and definitely worth the trip, just not as enjoyable when crowded. If you think you might return for a longer visit one day, I would save the Baths for then, and just head for a nice Tortola beach like Cane Garden Bay or Brewers Bay and enjoy your time there...