Beagle Channel Cruise (or not?) in Ushuaia

Tamara2cruise

Greetings!

I have a Q. regarding Beagle Channel/Ushuaia, Argentina port - Currently we've opted for a trip into Tierra del Fuego NP, thinking that we could enjoy scenic cruising along the Beagle Channel for free during our sail into and out of port. We don't arrive into Ushuaia until noon, so we could be outside viewing the Beagle Channel for pretty much the entire morning prior to port arrival.

Having said that, I've noted that sailing excursions around the Beagle Channel appears to be the #1 favorite thing to do in Ushuaia per Trip Advisor, so my question is have I erred in any way in my thinking? Our reason for selecting the National Park land excursion over the Beagle Channel sailing excursion is that hubby is prone to sea sickness on smaller boats, but he would attempt to white knuckle even so, if a smaller boat excursion on the Channel vs. from the ship, is truly a 'not to miss' experience.

Would very much appreciate feedback on this approach (enjoy the Beagle Channel aboard our cruise ship, take a land excursion into the National Park while in port) from those of you that have been to Ushuaia previously.

Many thanks in advance!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have done both activities in Ushuaia.  Enjoyed each! If you want to see wildlife you will not get very good view from the cruise ship. On the smaller ship we were able to get up close and personal to nesting islands for birds and sealions. Unfortunately no penguins. The day of our trip was sunny with calm seas so a lovely trip.

The excursion into the national forest is nice too! One benefit of that trip is having your picture taken at the end of the world sign - fun Christmas card!! Whichever you choose hope you have a wonderful time!

IMG_0707.JPG

IMG_0737.JPG

IMG_0746.JPG

IMG_0750.JPG

IMG_0056.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

Edited by cruisinteach2
add pictures
  • Like 1