THE SECRETS OF THE NCL HAVEN LUXURY EXPERIENCE

Sthrngary

23 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Rocket, great question and you are asking the right person.  My wife had LapBand years ago and my daughter had the sleeve.  You can ask for half portions.  They will accommodate you with a smile.  The portions are nice but not over the top.  I find the quality much better then the MDR by far. On another note, I have my wife order the normal portion.  That way I get a little of hers.  

One more question:  have you ever cruised out of NOLA?  We're on Breakaway next March.  

7 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

One more question:  have you ever cruised out of NOLA?  We're on Breakaway next March.  

Yes I have.  I did NCL Getaway from NOLA November 2019.  We stayed downtown Nola at the Holiday Inn that had a parking deal for cruises.  What questions do you have?

17 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Yes I have.  I did NCL Getaway from NOLA November 2019.  We stayed downtown Nola at the Holiday Inn that had a parking deal for cruises.  What questions do you have?

We've booked rooms at the Hilton Riverside.

I couldn't find any parking deals perhaps because not many cruises sailing now.

We're on Breakaway in the Deluxe Owners Suite.  Step son and wife have the connecting cabin.

We're celebrating out 30th and departure date is our actual anniversary.  

Any suggestions for dinner? Since two of us have been sleeved, doesn't have to be a lot of food.

5 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

We've booked rooms at the Hilton Riverside.

I couldn't find any parking deals perhaps because not many cruises sailing now.

We're on Breakaway in the Deluxe Owners Suite.  Step son and wife have the connecting cabin.

We're celebrating out 30th and departure date is our actual anniversary.  

Any suggestions for dinner? Since two of us have been sleeved, doesn't have to be a lot of food.

I am on the Joy Haven (H2) Deluxe Owners Suite at the end of Nov. our 43rd . Taking my three children whom never have been in the Haven.  I am on a flight to Miami right now.  We are going out on a Crystal Cruise tomorrow.  I will respond to your food question in the morning.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

I am on the Joy Haven (H2) Deluxe Owners Suite at the end of Nov. our 43rd . Taking my three children whom never have been in the Haven.  I am on a flight to Miami right now.  We are going out on a Crystal Cruise tomorrow.  I will respond to your food question in the morning.  

I have the Joy Haven booked for November 2022. I look forward to hearing your trip report on it. I've done the Haven before but not on the Joy. Enjoy your Crystal cruise!

23 minutes ago, firstimecruiseronncl said:

I have the Joy Haven booked for November 2022. I look forward to hearing your trip report on it. I've done the Haven before but not on the Joy. Enjoy your Crystal cruise!

Will do.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, gardening_guy said:

Do you ever post a “live from” during your cruise?  I’m interest to know how that Crystal Cruise goes. 

Yes, I will be embarking on Crystal Cruises tomorrow from Miami, FL (Monday, August 23, 2021).  It is 7 days to the Bahamas.  I will attempt to blog daily.  That blog is currently on the CruiseCritic Crystal Cruise blog.  Feel free to review and comment. BTW, my wife is a Master Gardener. Cruise well.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting thing just happened for me.  I emailed a question to the online Haven pre-cruise desk about getting streaming internet for all of my guest (4), the suite only has one device at a time.  They answered my question and told me to call the number provided to purchase directly. 

When I did, I asked if there was some document(s) to show exactly what comes with each Haven Suite.  They sent me two document.  "Amenities for the Joy" and  "Welcome Aboard the Haven". This was new to me and these documents were exactly what I was looking for.  All of my questions were answered.  I have attached them below.  They are PDF's Hope it helps out. 

Amenities JOY.pdf Welcome Aboard Haven+.pdf

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

Interesting thing just happened for me.  I emailed a question to the online Haven pre-cruise desk about getting streaming internet for all of my guest (4), the suite only has one device at a time.  They answered my question and told me to call the number provided to purchase directly. 

When I did, I asked if there was some document(s) to show exactly what comes with each Haven Suite.  They sent me two document.  "Amenities for the Joy" and  "Welcome Aboard the Haven". This was new to me and these documents were exactly what I was looking for.  All of my questions were answered.  I have attached them below.  They are PDF's Hope it helps out. 

Amenities JOY.pdf 58.99 kB · 4 downloads Welcome Aboard Haven+.pdf 126.24 kB · 2 downloads

We get soda, sparkling and still water complimentary in our haven suites now?  Is that new?

NOTE: My Grammar and Spelling are horrible.  I am told that all the time on Social Media.  Please look past that at the content I am attempting to provide.  

The Continuation of my Haven Story:

My next NCL Cruise is at the end of November 2021.  This cruise will be on the NCL Joy.  This cruise was originally the NCL Pearl, then Encore to Bermuda, followed by Encore to Alaska all of which were cancelled due to Covid-19.  Tough 18 months of cruising.  I finally decided on the Joy out of Miami at the end of November 2021.  Before some asked if I am afraid to cruise during Covid-19, the answer is "NO". My wife and I have already do a 7-day Cruise to the Bahamas in August and it was very nice. Not NCL Haven nice, but very nice. 

These cruises was going to be my wife and my 40th Wedding anniversary and we were taking our three adult children.  It will now by closer to our 43rd wedding anniversary.  Our adult children have not been on a cruise in about five years.  None of them have ever been in the Haven.  One of them, my daughters significant other (I could consider as one of my kids) has never gone on a cruise, ever.   

At first, over two years ago, I booked two balcony suites.  I wanted everyone to have a private veranda.  The were next to each other.  Then realizing, my adult son would be in our room and it was my anniversary I rethought the situation.  I also was completely spoiled and "LOVE THE HAVEN".  I rebooked the Haven Two Bedroom Family Villa. Why, I did the math.  With the 3 and 4 person free and 5th person like $500.00; the ultimate cost was within a few hundred dollars of the two non-Haven Suites. I was amazed. 

Way back then, NCL did not have the perk of the Premium Beverage Package for every adult in the suite.  That changed to every adult about 15 months ago.  I was upset but had a plan.  That plan was unnecessary because that cruise was cancelled anyway. The next several cancelled cruises, LOL had everyone with the Drink Package Perk. 

Initially, my daughter was upset that she and her significate other did not have a private veranda. With no knowledge of the Haven or the Haven Amenities.  She call the Haven Bougie. I fully understood her thoughts because way back when, I felt the same way.  You don't know, what you don't know, until you know. When I showed her the YouTube Video of the Haven by a YouTube influencer, her mind changed rather quickly.

The Covid-19 Virus has be a tough on us and the cruise industry.  However with every thing that happened, if you look very hard, you can find a pot of goal at the end of the rainbow.  NCL initially provided 125% Future Cruise Credits or full cash refund.  I took the Future Cruise Credit and every told my I was nuts including my family.  Fast forward, the next cancellation, the all the Future Cruise Credits carried forward and NCL offered, 10% off your next cruise.  I call that a double dip.  

Just like above when I looked at the cost of two suite vs. the Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa.  I now looked at the Joy and the elusive (H2) Deluxe Owners Suite.  In a million years, I never thought in this life time I would ever be able to afford that "Bucket List" Suite.  To my surprise, by going from the Encore to the Joy; from Alaska to Mexico I could have that suite and not have to pay one penny more.  Since then all the Haven prices have gone up and it would be impossible. 

As listed in a previous post, I just got all the amenities for Haven suites on the Joy and other large suites plus the other document on the "Welcome to the Haven" with some information I was not familiar with.  I thought I knew it all.  I was wrong. I then downloaded the documents on what is included on the "Premium Drink Package" and the "Premium Plus Drink Package".  

My cruise is 75 days away and looks very promising to actually go out of the New NCL Terminal in Miami.  I have prepaid for everything from all Excursions, Specialty Restaurant Packages for my kids, upgraded unlimited streaming Wi-Fi for one plus for two more devices, Port to Airport Transfers, pre-paid gratuities and of course entry for five to the slot pull.  I think you get the idea.  I am attempting to make this cruise as all inclusive as possible by buying everything upfront.  

As my original post (I am the Op-Ed) for this topic said "Way Back When", I have written a kind not to my butler which I prove them with when we meet then day one.  Yes, I tip the butler upfront which is completely against the norm but don't be harsh, it works for me.  

To end this very long and crazy journey.  My family will not allow me to talk about this cruise until the day we get on the plane.  So CruiseCritic.com is my only outlet for my nervousness and excitement.  Thank you to every single person that commented on this stream, you have made my months of wait so much easier.  I promise to do a "Live Blog" on my cruise and review it in CruiseCritic.com upon our return.  

As always, you can ask any question you like about the Haven or my situation. If I don't know someone on this thread will.  Cruise well everyone.  See you on the Haven Sundeck very soon.

premium-beverage-package.pdf premium-plus-beverage-package.pdf Amenities JOY.pdf Welcome Aboard Haven+.pdf

Edited by Sthrngary
Added PDF Documents Mentioned in this Post
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

ok oh wise one and haven maven. you indicated you, your wife and 3 children were booked into the 2 bedroom (my favorite incidentally) now you changed to a DOS. question:  can this cabin accomodate 5 people, is there more than one bedroom and bathroom. 

i also thought about switching, but it doesnt look like it could handle that many people.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, complawyer said:

ok oh wise one and haven maven. you indicated you, your wife and 3 children were booked into the 2 bedroom (my favorite incidentally) now you changed to a DOS. question:  can this cabin accomodate 5 people, is there more than one bedroom and bathroom. 

i also thought about switching, but it doesnt look like it could handle that many people.

Great Question. It depends on the NCL Ship. The H2 Deluxe Owners Suite with Large Balcony on the Joy, Encore and Bliss are the Two Bedroom, 2.5 bath 1500 sf suites. On some of the other ships, they are 900 sf and only one bedroom with a sleeper sofa.  The booking for each ship show you sf.  So on those ships above, the second bedroom is larger and has a full sized trendal bed.  

Edited by Sthrngary

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

Great Question. It depends on the NCL Ship. The H2 Deluxe Owners Suite with Large Balcony on the Joy, Encore and Bliss are the Two Bedroom, 2.5 bath 1500 sf suites. On some of the other ships, they are 900 sf and only one bedroom with a sleeper sofa.  The booking for each ship show you sf.  So on those ships above, the second bedroom is larger and has a full sized trendal bed.  

I just got off Encore and was in the DOS.  The second bedroom has a murphy bed that pulls down over the couch (it is not a sofa bed but better).  Queen size.  The second bedroom also has a bathroom with shower.  There is a sink and toilet in the hall bathroom.  The master is huge, giant closet, and all six people could easily be in the bathroom at the same time.  There was a wonderful sofa bed in the main living area, queen bed size.  The main deck could easily hold 4 plush loungers, probably six if you move the table and 4 chairs to the side.  There is a side deck which is accessed by a wind door that can also accommodate 3 people sitting there out of the wind and some privacy.  There is also a 3rd deck that is only accessible from the Master Bedroom that sits next to the "wind protected deck".  That Master bedroom accessible deck also looks into the glass shower, so the shower shade needs to be lowered.  The main room can sit 3 easily on the sofa bed couch, there are 4 siting chairs around the dining table and one stand alone swivel chair, 8 people could easily sit in the main room.  

I looked out at the 2 bedroom family suite on the way out.  Very nice.  Much smaller than the DOS, the 2nd bedroom has a sofa bed, not a pull down murphy bed so might not be as comfortable as the DOS pull down murphy bed.  I looked at this room because the DOS is so difficult to book, and was curious if the 2 bedroom Family suite might work.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SkierRobUMN said:

I didn’t realize the DOS had 2 bedrooms and 2.5 baths in some ships. Now I’m interested! Does any know know how or where to search for any sailings where these are not sold out, other than checking one by one on the NCL website?

I was thinking of having my Travel Agent work on this because it is extremely difficult to find.  I have searched randomly and never found an open DOS.  I was fortunate to reserve it only because I did it immediately after the cruises to Alaska were offered.  Even at that point, there were only 2 cruises where the DOS was available.  They were all sold within 2 weeks of the re-opening of the Alaska cruises this year.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SkierRobUMN said:

I didn’t realize the DOS had 2 bedrooms and 2.5 baths in some ships. Now I’m interested! Does any know know how or where to search for any sailings where these are not sold out, other than checking one by one on the NCL website?

I can answer this question, "NO".  However, you can call NCL direct and ask them to find one for you.  Or call a really good travel Agent to do the same.  There is only two in the front of the ship on the larger class of NCL ships (Plus).  I found mine over a year in advance.  It was not easy for sure.  Hope that helps.

22 minutes ago, ecco41 said:

I just got off Encore and was in the DOS.  The second bedroom has a murphy bed that pulls down over the couch (it is not a sofa bed but better).  Queen size.  The second bedroom also has a bathroom with shower.  There is a sink and toilet in the hall bathroom.  The master is huge, giant closet, and all six people could easily be in the bathroom at the same time.  There was a wonderful sofa bed in the main living area, queen bed size.  The main deck could easily hold 4 plush loungers, probably six if you move the table and 4 chairs to the side.  There is a side deck which is accessed by a wind door that can also accommodate 3 people sitting there out of the wind and some privacy.  There is also a 3rd deck that is only accessible from the Master Bedroom that sits next to the "wind protected deck".  That Master bedroom accessible deck also looks into the glass shower, so the shower shade needs to be lowered.  The main room can sit 3 easily on the sofa bed couch, there are 4 siting chairs around the dining table and one stand alone swivel chair, 8 people could easily sit in the main room.  

I looked out at the 2 bedroom family suite on the way out.  Very nice.  Much smaller than the DOS, the 2nd bedroom has a sofa bed, not a pull down murphy bed so might not be as comfortable as the DOS pull down murphy bed.  I looked at this room because the DOS is so difficult to book, and was curious if the 2 bedroom Family suite might work.  

This is incredible information since the Encore, Bliss, Joy and one other ship are almost identical.  You kind of answered lost of folks question and I know everyone really appreciated it.  Thank you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

NOTE: My Grammar and Spelling are horrible.  I am told that all the time on Social Media.  Please look past that at the content I am attempting to provide.  

The Continuation of my Haven Story:

My next NCL Cruise is at the end of November 2021.  This cruise will be on the NCL Joy.  This cruise was originally the NCL Pearl, then Encore to Bermuda, followed by Encore to Alaska all of which were cancelled due to Covid-19.  Tough 18 months of cruising.  I finally decided on the Joy out of Miami at the end of November 2021.  Before some asked if I am afraid to cruise during Covid-19, the answer is "NO". My wife and I have already do a 7-day Cruise to the Bahamas in August and it was very nice. Not NCL Haven nice, but very nice. 

These cruises was going to be my wife and my 40th Wedding anniversary and we were taking our three adult children.  It will now by closer to our 43rd wedding anniversary.  Our adult children have not been on a cruise in about five years.  None of them have ever been in the Haven.  One of them, my daughters significant other (I could consider as one of my kids) has never gone on a cruise, ever.   

At first, over two years ago, I booked two balcony suites.  I wanted everyone to have a private veranda.  The were next to each other.  Then realizing, my adult son would be in our room and it was my anniversary I rethought the situation.  I also was completely spoiled and "LOVE THE HAVEN".  I rebooked the Haven Two Bedroom Family Villa. Why, I did the math.  With the 3 and 4 person free and 5th person like $500.00; the ultimate cost was within a few hundred dollars of the two non-Haven Suites. I was amazed. 

Way back then, NCL did not have the perk of the Premium Beverage Package for every adult in the suite.  That changed to every adult about 15 months ago.  I was upset but had a plan.  That plan was unnecessary because that cruise was cancelled anyway. The next several cancelled cruises, LOL had everyone with the Drink Package Perk. 

Initially, my daughter was upset that she and her significate other did not have a private veranda. With no knowledge of the Haven or the Haven Amenities.  She call the Haven Bougie. I fully understood her thoughts because way back when, I felt the same way.  You don't know, what you don't know, until you know. When I showed her the YouTube Video of the Haven by a YouTube influencer, her mind changed rather quickly.

The Covid-19 Virus has be a tough on us and the cruise industry.  However with every thing that happened, if you look very hard, you can find a pot of goal at the end of the rainbow.  NCL initially provided 125% Future Cruise Credits or full cash refund.  I took the Future Cruise Credit and every told my I was nuts including my family.  Fast forward, the next cancellation, the all the Future Cruise Credits carried forward and NCL offered, 10% off your next cruise.  I call that a double dip.  

Just like above when I looked at the cost of two suite vs. the Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa.  I now looked at the Joy and the elusive (H2) Deluxe Owners Suite.  In a million years, I never thought in this life time I would ever be able to afford that "Bucket List" Suite.  To my surprise, by going from the Encore to the Joy; from Alaska to Mexico I could have that suite and not have to pay one penny more.  Since then all the Haven prices have gone up and it would be impossible. 

As listed in a previous post, I just got all the amenities for Haven suites on the Joy and other large suites plus the other document on the "Welcome to the Haven" with some information I was not familiar with.  I thought I knew it all.  I was wrong. I then downloaded the documents on what is included on the "Premium Drink Package" and the "Premium Plus Drink Package".  

My cruise is 75 days away and looks very promising to actually go out of the New NCL Terminal in Miami.  I have prepaid for everything from all Excursions, Specialty Restaurant Packages for my kids, upgraded unlimited streaming Wi-Fi for one plus for two more devices, Port to Airport Transfers, pre-paid gratuities and of course entry for five to the slot pull.  I think you get the idea.  I am attempting to make this cruise as all inclusive as possible by buying everything upfront.  

As my original post (I am the Op-Ed) for this topic said "Way Back When", I have written a kind not to my butler which I prove them with when we meet then day one.  Yes, I tip the butler upfront which is completely against the norm but don't be harsh, it works for me.  

To end this very long and crazy journey.  My family will not allow me to talk about this cruise until the day we get on the plane.  So CruiseCritic.com is my only outlet for my nervousness and excitement.  Thank you to every single person that commented on this stream, you have made my months of wait so much easier.  I promise to do a "Live Blog" on my cruise and review it in CruiseCritic.com upon our return.  

As always, you can ask any question you like about the Haven or my situation. If I don't know someone on this thread will.  Cruise well everyone.  See you on the Haven Sundeck very soon.

premium-beverage-package.pdf 159.1 kB · 5 downloads premium-plus-beverage-package.pdf 723.29 kB · 3 downloads Amenities JOY.pdf 58.99 kB · 1 download Welcome Aboard Haven+.pdf 126.24 kB · 3 downloads

I feel your pain.   We're on the first US departure for the Epic,  just a few weeks after you.   My wife got so annoyed with all the options,  menus, etc etc that she also banned me from discussing the cruise.   Ok, she liked the menus but I'm still banned anyway.   I can't wait to board because I don't think the Butler can tell me to stop talking about the cruise 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2