Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sthrngary

THE SECRETS OF THE NCL HAVEN LUXURY EXPERIENCE

Recommended Posts

On 10/21/2019 at 5:20 PM, Two Wheels Only said:

 

I've also done both and it really depends on which ships are being compared. Not all Haven areas are the same just as not all Yacht Club areas are the same. 

 

I found MSC butlers to be superior to NCL butlers but I also found NCL concierges superior to MSC concierges. 

 

Stateroom choices favor NCL as far as variety and size for the suites but there are some aspects where MSC suites are better than NCL's. 

 

I enjoy both Haven and Yacht Club and will continue to sail both. 

Agree on all counts.  

 

That said, MSC YC pricing has pretty much risen to be similar to NCL Haven prices, like-for-like.

 

Given the choice, fares being similar, I’d choose the Haven over YC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

We’ve stayed in the Haven a few times and also love The Seaside Yacht Club. The Yacht Club has priority elevators but I wasn’t aware the Haven also has one. Would you be able to provide more information?

On Bliss, the "priority" elevators are the service elevators located inside the Haven area. The concierge will take you in these when escorting you to shows or to disembark at ports, etc. I don't believe you can just take these elevators by yourself. My kid loved going in them as the signs said "For garbage only" - he thought it was the best thing ever! I don't recall seeing or being told of any priority passenger elevators for Haven....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2019 at 9:48 AM, graphicguy said:

Food was hit or miss with MSC’s YC dining room, also.  MSC still has dress requirements in the YC restaurant, too. That’s a “no-no” for me.

 

Honestly, the dress code (or lack thereof) is one of the major factors for us to continue to pay for the Haven. My husband dresses up every day for work. He wants to be able to wear shorts to dinner and not have to eat at the buffet or get the stink-eye from people. 

 

We want to relax on vacation -- no worry about what we are going to wear every night. We do usually dress up one or two nights, but that is our choice rather than it being dictated to us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tampadee said:

I don't understand.  What is the advantage of using your card and pushing 14? You still stop at other floors anyway. 

There is no "Advantage" you just cannot go to the 14th floor without a key.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, brookie848 said:

 

Honestly, the dress code (or lack thereof) is one of the major factors for us to continue to pay for the Haven. My husband dresses up every day for work. He wants to be able to wear shorts to dinner and not have to eat at the buffet or get the stink-eye from people. 

 

We want to relax on vacation -- no worry about what we are going to wear every night. We do usually dress up one or two nights, but that is our choice rather than it being dictated to us.

I understand.  The days of the alleged "formal" nights on cruises have long passed.  Some of the cruise lines are hanging on to it.  Don't know why.  The amount of people who get dressed up on cruises have dwindled to the point where the only reason to do it is to keep the ships' photographers with something to do, and to keep a ship revenue stream alive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, brookie848 said:

 

Honestly, the dress code (or lack thereof) is one of the major factors for us to continue to pay for the Haven. My husband dresses up every day for work. He wants to be able to wear shorts to dinner and not have to eat at the buffet or get the stink-eye from people. 

 

We want to relax on vacation -- no worry about what we are going to wear every night. We do usually dress up one or two nights, but that is our choice rather than it being dictated to us.

 

MSC's dress code is more of a....suggestion. :classic_wink:

 

In the Caribbean, MSC seems to let more things slide. Plus, as MSC tries to grow in the US market, they are "loosening up" with the dress expectations. I saw a few adults wearing shorts in the Yacht Club restaurant for dinner. However, there is nothing guaranteeing that the maître d won't send you back to your stateroom to put on long pants. 

 

...things on MSC aren't very consistent. On some ships, they charge you for mini-fridge Pringles in the Yacht Club. On other ships, you can eat as many cans that you want and they will refill the mini-fridge at no cost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 10/13/2019 at 10:36 AM, Sthrngary said:
  • Pre-Cruise Haven Concierge Desk Requests:

When you book the Haven luxury experience, approximately 60-days prior to your sail date, you get a U.S. mail letter from NCL.  In the envelope are special luggage tags (I will discuss this next) and a letter requesting any special requests. You can communication these request via a special 800 number or send an email.  I always choose to send an email due to my many requests.

My always “pre-thought-out” email, addressed things I would normally ask for, when I arrive on the ship.  40-years of cruising experience, helped my preparation greatly. My Haven requests included, but were not limited to:

 

Thank you for sharing Sthrngary.

 

I hope the Pre-Cruise Haven Concierge Desk Requests pull through for us.  We have sailed in the Haven on Jade twice and loved it, this time we are going on the Epic and looking forward to the dedicated bar, lounge, and restaurant.   

 

Unfortunately I think I screwed up. I was able to upgrade from a Haven Spa to Haven 2 Bedroom, as I like having the extra space and bathroom.  I fully understood that I would not have access to the Thermal Spa Suite unless I purchased a pass.  Well that's great except I have been trying to 20 days to add this to my reservation and for whatever reason I can't.  I contacted my PCC and the reservation line and they keep pushing me back to each other.  I contacted the Pre-Cruise Concierge and they cannot accept any payments or add to my reservation.  She said she put a note in my file and to make sure I check in with the Concierge as soon as we board and it should be no problem.  I hope that works out as my boyfriend will be crushed and a little upset since he told me to keep the Haven Spa Suite and I really don't want to hear I told you so.....

 

You also reminded me of some other things I had forgotten since our last Norwegian cruise.

 

We have grown children but enjoy cruising without them.  We have found that booking cruises which are longer in length (more than 7 days) and that occur between Christmas and Easter we encounter less kids onboard.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dporter said:

 

 

Thank you for sharing Sthrngary.

 

I hope the Pre-Cruise Haven Concierge Desk Requests pull through for us.  We have sailed in the Haven on Jade twice and loved it, this time we are going on the Epic and looking forward to the dedicated bar, lounge, and restaurant.   

 

Unfortunately I think I screwed up. I was able to upgrade from a Haven Spa to Haven 2 Bedroom, as I like having the extra space and bathroom.  I fully understood that I would not have access to the Thermal Spa Suite unless I purchased a pass.  Well that's great except I have been trying to 20 days to add this to my reservation and for whatever reason I can't.  I contacted my PCC and the reservation line and they keep pushing me back to each other.  I contacted the Pre-Cruise Concierge and they cannot accept any payments or add to my reservation.  She said she put a note in my file and to make sure I check in with the Concierge as soon as we board and it should be no problem.  I hope that works out as my boyfriend will be crushed and a little upset since he told me to keep the Haven Spa Suite and I really don't want to hear I told you so.....

 

You also reminded me of some other things I had forgotten since our last Norwegian cruise.

 

We have grown children but enjoy cruising without them.  We have found that booking cruises which are longer in length (more than 7 days) and that occur between Christmas and Easter we encounter less kids onboard.

 

You will have absolutely no issue with getting the spa, none.  I booked the Two-bedroom Haven Suite for my family (5) June 2020 on the Pearl.  You will enjoy that cabin. My wife and I are on the Getaway this weekend in a Haven Spa Suite.  
I understand your partners issue.  I kind of agree with him especially on the epic. I have done it both ways.  Large suites and Spa.  The challenge with the two bedroom Haven suite is a small balcony.  The positive it one incredible master bathroom.  In that bathroom is a similar jacuzzi as in the spa suite.  The other benefit is a dinner table with four chairs.  This means plenty of room for in room dinning.  
Regardless, you are going first class. Enjoy your trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dporter said:

 

 

Thank you for sharing Sthrngary.

 

I hope the Pre-Cruise Haven Concierge Desk Requests pull through for us.  We have sailed in the Haven on Jade twice and loved it, this time we are going on the Epic and looking forward to the dedicated bar, lounge, and restaurant.   

 

Unfortunately I think I screwed up. I was able to upgrade from a Haven Spa to Haven 2 Bedroom, as I like having the extra space and bathroom.  I fully understood that I would not have access to the Thermal Spa Suite unless I purchased a pass.  Well that's great except I have been trying to 20 days to add this to my reservation and for whatever reason I can't.  I contacted my PCC and the reservation line and they keep pushing me back to each other.  I contacted the Pre-Cruise Concierge and they cannot accept any payments or add to my reservation.  She said she put a note in my file and to make sure I check in with the Concierge as soon as we board and it should be no problem.  I hope that works out as my boyfriend will be crushed and a little upset since he told me to keep the Haven Spa Suite and I really don't want to hear I told you so.....

 

You also reminded me of some other things I had forgotten since our last Norwegian cruise.

 

We have grown children but enjoy cruising without them.  We have found that booking cruises which are longer in length (more than 7 days) and that occur between Christmas and Easter we encounter less kids onboard.

 

We were on the Gem this past September. At the last minute we decided we wanted the spa pass. Online it was too late to order so I called the concierge desk. The woman I spoke with said she put a note on my reservation and to speak with the concierge when we got on board. The spa did have our names and we got our passes. It does work.

have a great trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, fiftyguy said:

We were on the Gem this past September. At the last minute we decided we wanted the spa pass. Online it was too late to order so I called the concierge desk. The woman I spoke with said she put a note on my reservation and to speak with the concierge when we got on board. The spa did have our names and we got our passes. It does work.

have a great trip.

 

13 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

You will have absolutely no issue with getting the spa, none.  I booked the Two-bedroom Haven Suite for my family (5) June 2020 on the Pearl.  You will enjoy that cabin. My wife and I are on the Getaway this weekend in a Haven Spa Suite.  
I understand your partners issue.  I kind of agree with him especially on the epic. I have done it both ways.  Large suites and Spa.  The challenge with the two bedroom Haven suite is a small balcony.  The positive it one incredible master bathroom.  In that bathroom is a similar jacuzzi as in the spa suite.  The other benefit is a dinner table with four chairs.  This means plenty of room for in room dinning.  
Regardless, you are going first class. Enjoy your trip.


Thanks this makes me feel better. We did the 2 bedroom haven on Jade twice so we are excited. The small balcony doesn’t bother us at all, it’s just us two

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sthrngary Thanks for posting some great tips and tricks for The Haven.

 

My one and only Haven experience was on Escape, which also happens to be my last cruise.  My wife and I are avid travelers for work and for pleasure.  We both spend about 50% of our time on the road for work for our jobs so we've become pretty savvy travelers for the most part.  In with any public forum, opinions will be shared, some likable, some not at all.  That's what makes it great.

 

Some of my observations about the Haven and the "bang for the buck" all around:

 

We ended up bidding on a Haven Suite during the bidding window and winning the Forward Facing Penthouse.  Comparing the pricing that day of the Haven Suite we won vs. the listed price on the website, we saved over $2500.  We were originally booked in a M6 close to The District which I had gotten a pretty good deal on already.  IMO, I think that the Haven is worth what people will pay for it.  If people are comfortable with the list prices and offers that come up, I think that is great.  Would I have paid $2500 for what we received?  More than likely, I would.  But the fact that they were willing to let it go for $2500 less for something that is considered a "special" experience, makes me question their pricing practices.

 

We were well within the 60 day window, however, thanks to this board, we were able to get some requests into the pre-concierge email address and have them for when we arrived on the ship.  I believe this is one thing that made a huge difference.   I suggest that everyone do this, even for something that they think can wait until they get onboard.

 

The Concierge was great.  We had reserved some specialty dining pre-cruise and based on some excursions that we had booked for some ports, needed some time changes.  All but one were able to be met and we were flexible enough to move one of our dining nights to another night.  Every other meal was eaten in the Haven restaurant. 

 

While neither my wife or I have any dietary needs (I'm on vacation, I'm eating anything and everything I want and will deal with the consequences later), when we asked the server one night if we could modify our meal, the chef came out and asked what we wanted to do and it also ended up being the best meal of the week for us.  If NCL would change the menu even two or three times per 7-day cruise, I think the experience would be even better dining there and I would be less inclined to do specialty dining (even though you get 3 nights).

 

If there is anything that made our cruise, it was the Haven Lounge/Bar.  After we had met our butler and room steward and got our stuff put away, we made our way there for drinks.  Similar to your wife, my wife is quite introverted and while easily pleased, she will not go out of her way to ask for things or anything special nor state she is really unhappy with something.   Regardless of tipping etiquette, after signing for the drinks, I handed over a $20 bill and thanked them both.  Similarly on our first day in the loungers, when the attendant came around and asked us if we wanted drinks, I handed them a $10.  My wife was taken care of from then on in (as was I).  It is a great insurance policy for me because I know my wife will completely go up one side and own the other on me if something is bad/wrong/unhappy, etc.  This sets a tone.  The rest of the week, if we were together, I tipped in cash.  My wife always had money to tip as well for good service as needed.  We also tipped at the end of the cruise for both the bartenders and servers the last afternoon.

 

Properly trained butlers who care about their jobs are key.  We've stayed at other all-inclusive resorts in the past where we've had really good and bad experiences with butlers.  This was our first time having a butler on a cruise and did not know what to expect.  While rarely seen other than the first day, one of the port days and our last sea day, was on top of any and all of our pre-cruise requests (buckets of ice, removing stuff from the fridge, extra coffee pods for the Nespresso, etc.).  He called on the third day to make sure we weren't needing anything special and offered to help us pack if we wanted it on the last day.  Snacks and ice tea were always in the room waiting for us (my wife drinks a ton of it) as well as one day, when my wife ate all of the snacks on me before I could get back (and one of the few times he was seen) came back with more for me to enjoy as we sailed on to the next port from our balcony.  Too many times, I heard comments in the lounge about the butler wouldn't do this or that.  Understanding the role of the butler and the concierge are important to making the experience enjoyable.

 

Kids in the Haven has been debated for as long as the product as existed.  It's like children in first class on an airplane as well.  At the end of the day, kids will behave how their parents show them to behave.  We didn't have any issues with kids in the Haven on our cruise and as you said, sometimes there are issues, sometimes there are not.  My heart goes out to any parent in any public place where they are having to get their kids in line as it can be embarassing and frustrating for them and the child.  My DD is turning 7 in a month and will be going on her first real cruise next year, more than likely in the Haven because we can't see going back to a balcony.  Her previous cruise when she was 2.5 years old I don't think she understood much about it (it was to bury my father at sea as his last wish, he worked in the industry for 52 years) and both my DW and I know that we will get glares and stares when we get onboard and into the Haven.  In the end, NCL is a family cruise line.  Those booking the Haven, where there are family suites, should expect that there will be children.  But fair warning should be given to anyone that this is not an 18+ area.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SliderNc said:

@Sthrngary Thanks for posting some great tips and tricks for The Haven.

 

My one and only Haven experience was on Escape, which also happens to be my last cruise.  My wife and I are avid travelers for work and for pleasure.  We both spend about 50% of our time on the road for work for our jobs so we've become pretty savvy travelers for the most part.  In with any public forum, opinions will be shared, some likable, some not at all.  That's what makes it great.

 

Some of my observations about the Haven and the "bang for the buck" all around:

 

We ended up bidding on a Haven Suite during the bidding window and winning the Forward Facing Penthouse.  Comparing the pricing that day of the Haven Suite we won vs. the listed price on the website, we saved over $2500.  We were originally booked in a M6 close to The District which I had gotten a pretty good deal on already.  IMO, I think that the Haven is worth what people will pay for it.  If people are comfortable with the list prices and offers that come up, I think that is great.  Would I have paid $2500 for what we received?  More than likely, I would.  But the fact that they were willing to let it go for $2500 less for something that is considered a "special" experience, makes me question their pricing practices.

 

We were well within the 60 day window, however, thanks to this board, we were able to get some requests into the pre-concierge email address and have them for when we arrived on the ship.  I believe this is one thing that made a huge difference.   I suggest that everyone do this, even for something that they think can wait until they get onboard.

 

The Concierge was great.  We had reserved some specialty dining pre-cruise and based on some excursions that we had booked for some ports, needed some time changes.  All but one were able to be met and we were flexible enough to move one of our dining nights to another night.  Every other meal was eaten in the Haven restaurant. 

 

While neither my wife or I have any dietary needs (I'm on vacation, I'm eating anything and everything I want and will deal with the consequences later), when we asked the server one night if we could modify our meal, the chef came out and asked what we wanted to do and it also ended up being the best meal of the week for us.  If NCL would change the menu even two or three times per 7-day cruise, I think the experience would be even better dining there and I would be less inclined to do specialty dining (even though you get 3 nights).

 

If there is anything that made our cruise, it was the Haven Lounge/Bar.  After we had met our butler and room steward and got our stuff put away, we made our way there for drinks.  Similar to your wife, my wife is quite introverted and while easily pleased, she will not go out of her way to ask for things or anything special nor state she is really unhappy with something.   Regardless of tipping etiquette, after signing for the drinks, I handed over a $20 bill and thanked them both.  Similarly on our first day in the loungers, when the attendant came around and asked us if we wanted drinks, I handed them a $10.  My wife was taken care of from then on in (as was I).  It is a great insurance policy for me because I know my wife will completely go up one side and own the other on me if something is bad/wrong/unhappy, etc.  This sets a tone.  The rest of the week, if we were together, I tipped in cash.  My wife always had money to tip as well for good service as needed.  We also tipped at the end of the cruise for both the bartenders and servers the last afternoon.

 

Properly trained butlers who care about their jobs are key.  We've stayed at other all-inclusive resorts in the past where we've had really good and bad experiences with butlers.  This was our first time having a butler on a cruise and did not know what to expect.  While rarely seen other than the first day, one of the port days and our last sea day, was on top of any and all of our pre-cruise requests (buckets of ice, removing stuff from the fridge, extra coffee pods for the Nespresso, etc.).  He called on the third day to make sure we weren't needing anything special and offered to help us pack if we wanted it on the last day.  Snacks and ice tea were always in the room waiting for us (my wife drinks a ton of it) as well as one day, when my wife ate all of the snacks on me before I could get back (and one of the few times he was seen) came back with more for me to enjoy as we sailed on to the next port from our balcony.  Too many times, I heard comments in the lounge about the butler wouldn't do this or that.  Understanding the role of the butler and the concierge are important to making the experience enjoyable.

 

Kids in the Haven has been debated for as long as the product as existed.  It's like children in first class on an airplane as well.  At the end of the day, kids will behave how their parents show them to behave.  We didn't have any issues with kids in the Haven on our cruise and as you said, sometimes there are issues, sometimes there are not.  My heart goes out to any parent in any public place where they are having to get their kids in line as it can be embarassing and frustrating for them and the child.  My DD is turning 7 in a month and will be going on her first real cruise next year, more than likely in the Haven because we can't see going back to a balcony.  Her previous cruise when she was 2.5 years old I don't think she understood much about it (it was to bury my father at sea as his last wish, he worked in the industry for 52 years) and both my DW and I know that we will get glares and stares when we get onboard and into the Haven.  In the end, NCL is a family cruise line.  Those booking the Haven, where there are family suites, should expect that there will be children.  But fair warning should be given to anyone that this is not an 18+ area.

 

 

Wow, what a great post.  So happy about your good time.  I could not agree with you more on all your points.  I am going out in a Haven Spa Suite this Sunday on the Getaway.  I have a Haven 2-Bedroom Suite for my wife and three adult children in June 2020 on the Pearl.  Thanks so much, enjoyable comments and read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SliderNc said:

@Sthrngary Thanks for posting some great tips and tricks for The Haven.

 

Really appreciate your thoughts on Haven.  agree with you.       Haven is a choice....as with any VIP type experience.  I want to enjoy my vacation, and am willing to pay extra for the haven experience....on a FAMILY friendly cruise line.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made the mistake of upgrading to a 2 bedroom haven suite on our cruise out of New Orleans this spring.  Why was this a mistake?  We probably can't  cruise any other way again. 🙂 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2019 at 11:36 AM, Sthrngary said:

Watch out though, this deletes the other floors, other guests might have checked prior to your arrival in the elevator.

Oh the looks we got when we did this. 🤣  The first time it was unintentional. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sthrngary Thank you so much for your insight. I for one, appreciated it greatly (and picked up a couple of tips!).   

 

We are now "Haven or Bust"' as once we experienced it, we will never go back to "gen pop".  We have sailed Haven twice (Epic and Getaway), with our third trip coming up in January (Breakaway). To us, it's worth the extra money for all that we get. Plus we go on one vacation a year (damn jobs) so we want it to be fantastic.   We have loved our experiences, from the bar (best service by far) to the food to the priority embarkation to the reserved seating at shows to the butler and concierge and all the rest. 

 

I too tip all the way through the cruise and at the end.  That is my choice.  I save my $5 bills throughout the year so I have plenty to use; I also give them mini candy canes (all our other cruises were before Christmas so I may have to re-think my candy choice) and they LOVE it; last year I was the Candy Cane Lady.  I usually get a bigger response from the candy than the $$.  And whether it's the money or the candy or my sparkling personality, they know my name and what I drink (and when it comes to the Haven bartenders, what I drink depending on the time of the day - I can't say enough about them).  As has been said so many times - ad nausuem  - tipping is personal preference; if you don't want to do it, don't, if you do, go for it!  It makes me happy to make other people happy - even if I have to pay for it.   

 

We have been lucky in our experience and not had issues with unruly children.  I don't have a lot of patience with said unruly children (or unruly adults for that matter) so if we had, we might have a different outlook on the issue.  I can say however, that no amount of unruliness would spoil a cruise for me.  If I am bothered by something, I will get a drink and move on.  Life is too short (and the cruise too short) to allow things such as this to dictate your experiences.  There's always the casino!!

 

Thanks again for your insight.  - Jen

 

PS - did I mention how much we have loved the Haven bartenders? 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Niffernay said:

"We are now "Haven or Bust"' as once we experienced it, we will never go back to "gen pop"."   " I too tip all the way through the cruise and at the end."

 

Gen pop! Love it! Also known as "steerage." LOL

 

NCL's devious scheme: Upgrade 'em to a balcony and they'll never go back to an outside. Next cruise, offer 'em a paid upgrade to a Penthouse. After that, a balcony just won't do. Next cruise, give them an opportunity to upgrade to the Haven. Once they've experienced that, you got 'em hooked.

 

Though I sail solo in the Haven (yes, still pay for double occupancy), I have gotten some really good deals thanks to the Latitudes 20% off and other deals. I am booked  on the Breakaway in January 2020 and I have already booked the Haven on the Joy for 2021. And this time the cost is just a few hundred dollars more than if I was sharing double occupancy with someone. (BTW, I still work full time to support my cruising habit.)

 

Oh, and I, too, tip throughout the cruise and at the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2019 at 11:42 AM, Suite Heart said:

 

Niffernay said:

"We are now "Haven or Bust"' as once we experienced it, we will never go back to "gen pop"."   " I too tip all the way through the cruise and at the end."

 

Gen pop! Love it! Also known as "steerage." LOL

 

NCL's devious scheme: Upgrade 'em to a balcony and they'll never go back to an outside. Next cruise, offer 'em a paid upgrade to a Penthouse. After that, a balcony just won't do. Next cruise, give them an opportunity to upgrade to the Haven. Once they've experienced that, you got 'em hooked.

 

Though I sail solo in the Haven (yes, still pay for double occupancy), I have gotten some really good deals thanks to the Latitudes 20% off and other deals. I am booked  on the Breakaway in January 2020 and I have already booked the Haven on the Joy for 2021. And this time the cost is just a few hundred dollars more than if I was sharing double occupancy with someone. (BTW, I still work full time to support my cruising habit.)

 

Oh, and I, too, tip throughout the cruise and at the end.

When I wrote this post, my hope was to inform folks about an area of cruising that has very little detail.  I did not trust the TA reviews.  I wanted to have real people, that paid real money to upgrade to the Haven or other cruise ship brand levels.  This post got me mixed reactions.  Folks kind of resented that I even brought up unruly children being loud and taking over the Haven hot tubs.  Unfortunately, that actually happened once, not often but once. This comment was 25 words in a 1000 word post.  Yet it sparked something.  

The second most criticisms I have gotten is on tipping. I am leaving today to do a week long cruise out of the Port of New Orleans.  In my backpack is 1) one hundred $1.00 bills; 2) twenty $5.00 bills; 3) Thank you notes with $100.00 for the butler, $50.00 for the Haven desk staff; 4) Candy Canes for all staff because a lovely lady said the staff loves that (Candy Cane Lady); 5) Notes to the Haven Desk Staff and Butler on my requests/reservations/needs; 6) Note for the future cruise desk.

I absolutely hate that you cruise alone but at the same time I fully understand it.  Do what you want, when you want and with no one holding you back.  I would offer to go with you but my wife of 40 years would not feel good about that, LOL.  Something tells me you make out just fine.

Finally, yes I could not agree with you more.  The plane is to upgrade so you can never go back to an inside cabin.  It is a dirty trick that works.  I am the greatest example of that.  My friends don't understand however if all you have is one week a year, live it up.  Thanks for your comment.  Be well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few more tips and tricks to the Haven.

 

1. We had bowls of Gummy Bears and MnMs brought to us by our butler.  We found out about the butler providing this by reading the forums here.  Not sure if they always ask you nor am I sure if there are always gummy bears and MMs available but figured I would share our experience.

 

2. Have a "Movie Night" - Our butler set us up with popcorn and lemonade for a movie night in the Haven on the Jewel.  

 

3.  On our trip they had a "Meet the Officers" reception for the Haven Guests where they set up some drinks and snacks in the pool area and we got to mingle with the officers for about an hour.  It was a great opportunity to get dressed up nicely and take some family photos.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your review. It is accurate.  I NEVER cruise with my kids in the Heaven. As per your review,  I can't understand the difference between the unruly and loud kids and your parties (singing)  on your balcony.  One is as bad as the others. We must think of others around us regardless of the cabin we are in.  Going to a lounge is the perfect place to gather with friends and family and make all the noise you want. Bravo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2019 at 8:19 AM, Sthrngary said:

Candy Canes for all staff because a lovely lady said the staff loves that (Candy Cane Lady)

 

They will love it! I promise.  I actually had a waitress come over to me and ask if I had any candy canes left 🤣 I was happy to oblige.  - the Candy Cane Lady (aka Jen)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good advice so far...so what is the pre concierge email? Probably postet here but cant find right way sorry

 

Thansk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, dporter said:

@Niffernay  I love your turtle photo, is that a box turtle hatchling?

Thanks!! Not sure what kind it it; I just love turtles. 😍 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...