Island Princess

Duffysmom

1 hour ago, Duffysmom said:

Has Island fixed it’s propulsion problems?

It is hard to say. Maybe they have.

There have been no recent posts substantiating either yes or no with actual facts.

Instead of just assuming maybe someone with current info can post some details.

Not being a technician, I can't say.  I can say that I ended a cruise on the Island Princess a week ago and we arrived timely at all 7 scheduled ports.  If there were any problems, I wasn't aware of them on this sailing (and I had been following the problems before then, so I was attuned to the issue.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, illinigal77 said:

Good to hear that they are making ports on time. We are heading out on Thursday on the 10 day Panama Canal Cruise and hope we can get to all of the ports.

Come join our roll call for October 17th. I’m assuming your screen name, you live in IL or went to U of I?

Julie

10 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Come join our roll call for October 17th. I’m assuming your screen name, you live in IL or went to U of I?

Julie

I was born and raised in Illinois - went to U of I (graduated in 1977) - and spent most of my adult life in the Chicago burbs and most of my youth in Springfield followed by 8 years in Champaign. We moved to Florida full time this past March after being snow birds for 4 years. Getting ready to retire next year and the cost of living is much lower down here.

4 hours ago, illinigal77 said:

I was born and raised in Illinois - went to U of I (graduated in 1977) - and spent most of my adult life in the Chicago burbs and most of my youth in Springfield followed by 8 years in Champaign. We moved to Florida full time this past March after being snow birds for 4 years. Getting ready to retire next year and the cost of living is much lower down here.

I lived in Springfield for 10 years,my son graduated from U of I.

swing by the Wheelhouse bar on Friday, the 18th ( it’s our first sea day)and say hi if you have time. 10 am to 11 am.

Julie

2 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

swing by the Wheelhouse bar on Friday, the 18th ( it’s our first sea day)and say hi if you have time. 10 am to 11 am.

Julie

I was born and raised in Chicago and we moved to Florida in 1993, best move ever. We don't even go back to visit anymore. 

As we all say down here, "another beautiful day in paradise".

2 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Julie

I will try to stop by.

21 hours ago, illinigal77 said:

Good to hear that they are making ports on time. We are heading out on Thursday on the 10 day Panama Canal Cruise and hope we can get to all of the ports.

I'll be on the Island for a 58 day cruise around South America in January...it better be ready for that!  🤞