Pub food on Reflection

newtocruisingcdn

I have never seen chicken wings on a Celebrity cruise.  The Mast Grill is the closest to pub food, but just burgers and dogs for the most part.  BTW,  there is no decent hot sauce on Celebrity cruises so bring your own.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, newtocruisingcdn said:

Will be cruising on Reflection shortly, is there anywhere to get chicken wings as a snack mid afternoon or evening..... if cold beer is also available, that would be bonus...

Really good question.  I've often wondered why Celebrity doesn't have chicken wings available in the Oceanview or Mast Grill.  I think it would be a great addition.

The only ship that serves pub food is the Equinox. It's call Craft Social on deck 4. It is where Cellar Masters was. But it does not open until 3:00pm. Eat there last month, it was good. They have chicken wing and fish and chips.

3 minutes ago, ozark74 said:

The only ship that serves pub food is the Equinox. It's call Craft Social on deck 4. It is where Cellar Masters was. But it does not open until 3:00pm. Eat there last month, it was good. They have chicken wing and fish and chips.

And it used to be a pay to eat venue.  Not sure if that is still the case but originally was serving some severely overpriced burgers and such.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Craft Social is scheduled to replace Cellar Masters on the Silhouette.  I would venture a guess that  Craft Social will replace Cellars Masters on the other S Class ships as they are revolutionized.

So is Craft Social a pay to eat venue?   The website describes the menu as an a la carte selection of bar bites.  It sounds like that means it's ala carte at additional cost.

Edited by ipeeinthepool

3 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

So is Craft Social a pay to eat venue?   The website describes the menu as an a la carte selection of bar bites.  It sounds like that means it's ala carte at additional cost.

Yes same as Gastrobar was or Sushi on 5,  food is at a cost.  

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Thanks for the confirmation.  It's unfortunate that Celebrity is charging for bar food.  It's also interesting that a Miler Lite costs $10 + tip.

Same here it’s unfortunate to charge for finger food especially when NCL has a pub free of charge.

As for the $10 charge for the beer ....you don’t only get the Miller it’s a flight so you get all the one mentioned in that flight for $10.

Sea ya

Eric 

6 hours ago, nimiq said:

Same here it’s unfortunate to charge for finger food especially when NCL has a pub free of charge.

As for the $10 charge for the beer ....you don’t only get the Miller it’s a flight so you get all the one mentioned in that flight for $10.

Sea ya

Eric 

Thanks for the education, I don't spend much time in the craft breweries.  Upon further review I understand the menu as well as the flights of wine and other alcohol.  I guess it never crossed my mind that they would have a sampling of common domestic beers that I can buy on sale at CVS.  Based on this approach, I'm not sure Craft Social will be any more utilized than Cellar Masters.

• Like 1

Interesting discussion.  Recently I was on a small group tour of the Galley lead by the Executive Chef on the Solstice.  He told us that the most common and popular crew snack/food was chicken wings.  

I did not realize that they were not offered on any Solstice menu or I would have asked him.  

He said that feeding the crew was a challenge with all the different shifts and backgrounds.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Thanks for the education, I don't spend much time in the craft breweries.  Upon further review I understand the menu as well as the flights of wine and other alcohol.  I guess it never crossed my mind that they would have a sampling of common domestic beers that I can buy on sale at CVS.  Based on this approach, I'm not sure Craft Social will be any more utilized than Cellar Masters.

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Interesting discussion.  Recently I was on a small group tour of the Galley lead by the Executive Chef on the Solstice.  He told us that the most common and popular crew snack/food was chicken wings.  

I did not realize that they were not offered on any Solstice menu or I would have asked him.  

He said that feeding the crew was a challenge with all the different shifts and backgrounds.

I also think this place will have same ending as Cellar Master unless the concept changes a bit ....like free appetizers.

We enjoyed reading there during the day when it was Gastrobar.  Bar service and food for lunch  started fairly late,  and we were told it would take a long time because kitchen was not nearby...Menu was odd anyhow so we passed.

It did fill up at times when games were on the TV..then very lively and loud.

Place would need something better to  really catch on like music.  We liked it much better as a wine bar...very cozy space...

22 hours ago, Plato123 said:

I have never seen chicken wings on a Celebrity cruise.  The Mast Grill is the closest to pub food, but just burgers and dogs for the most part.  BTW,  there is no decent hot sauce on Celebrity cruises so bring your own.

When we first started cruising Celebrity, they had chicken wings and onion rings at the Mast Bar along with burgers and hot dogs.  But like everything else, little by little they are doing away with all the goodies.  

16 hours ago, nimiq said:

Sea ya

Eric 

Yes, but it is a flight of a total of 20 oz, basically an imperial pint.  $10 ($12 with grat)  for domestic nothing and $20 ($24 with grat) for a pretty ordinary Goose Island (i.e., Anheuser-Busch) is way over our top.  

Another Celebrity test on a rocket sled to failure.

22 minutes ago, hcat said:

We enjoyed reading there during the day when it was Gastrobar.  Bar service and food for lunch  started fairly late,  and we were told it would take a long time because kitchen was not nearby...Menu was odd anyhow so we passed.

It did fill up at times when games were on the TV..then very lively and loud.

Place would need something better to  really catch on like music.  We liked it much better as a wine bar...very cozy space...

So all they did was change the name from Gastrobar to Craft Social?