Celebrity Solstice vs Ruby Princess

NYCruiser64

We are looking to cruise to Alaska next August and are trying to decide between the Celebrity Solstice and Ruby Princess. The itineraries are similar, with the Celebrity Solstice visiting Endicott Arm and the Ruby Princess visiting Glacier Bay.  If anyone can offer any insight, it would be greatly appreciated.

I was just on the Ruby Princess in July for the Glacier Bay cruise.  I've been on the Solstice, but that was a few years ago and it was not in Alaska.

At the time, I loved the Solstice.  The ship was beautiful, the grass on top and the glass blowing demonstration were great.

The Ruby Princess was also very enjoyable, but the ship was not as new or as nice as the Solstice.  Having said that, I'd definitely go on this same cruise on the same ship again.  The service was outstanding and Glacier Bay was certainly a highlight.

I don't know if you've been on both Princess and Celebrity lines before, but to me, they are very similar in the ways I consider important:  service, food, overall experience.  In my opinion, Celebrity comes out slightly ahead.  With regard to these two ships, on a head to head comparison, I'd choose Solstice.

• Like 1