Coffee question

Shaver John

We are traveling on the Sky next month. I have been reading questions about coffee and someone mentioned that the ship they were on ran out of large coffee cups. This happened on one of our last cruises also, it did not matter as we had Sip and Sale, but this time we do not. I plan to take a Yeti 20 ounce cup with a lid for my coffee and just wondered if anyone knows what size the large cups they give you are. Are they 20 ounces or not? Also, do you know what size the regular cups are-how many ounces?I have purchased a coffee card and wondered if I can have my personal cup filled up with my coffee or special coffee or will they not do that. Thanks for any help.

5 minutes ago, rdsqrl said:

I  think the large is the same size as a Starbucks Grande. 

I agree with rdsqrl. The large really isn’t that large. We haven’t brought a refillable mug on board, but have seen others getting them filled at the coffee bar. No idea if they were on a beverage package or not. 

Enjoy your cruise!

Andrew 🙂

PS—— hi rdsqrl. Hope all is well! 

15 minutes ago, arowe6 said:

I agree with rdsqrl. The large really isn’t that large. We haven’t brought a refillable mug on board, but have seen others getting them filled at the coffee bar. No idea if they were on a beverage package or not. 

Enjoy your cruise!

Andrew 🙂

Hi,  Andrew, all is great.   I hear you're 30,000 feet up in the air.  Where are you headed?

Just now, rdsqrl said:

Hi,  Andrew, all is great.   I hear you're 30,000 feet up in the air.  Where are you headed?

Europe for a whopping 72 hours. A work thing. Very efficient use of company funds on this last minute trip. But my expense account covers inflight wine charges so not all is lost 🤗

24 minutes ago, arowe6 said:

Enjoy your cruise!

Andrew 🙂

I needed mine in my reusable drink cup as well.  They filled it to the size I ordered (I always got the large ones and my cup holds 20 ounces) in a paper cup first, then had me remove the top and straw while they poured into my cup.  I did not have the coffee package but was just purchasing them as I needed.

8 minutes ago, arowe6 said:

Europe for a whopping 72 hours. A work thing. Very efficient use of company funds on this last minute trip. But my expense account covers inflight wine charges so not all is lost 🤗

I wish you safe, if not sober, travels . . . !

I am just off the Crown British Isles and TA.  Overnight one night the brown New grounds coffee cups in small and large sizes disappeared and were replaced with one size, small plain thin white cups.  These new cups have no lids and burn your hands.  If you say something, they put your full cup in a second empty cup.  We were doing a lot of rocking and rolling and it was interesting seeing people with cups of hot coffee with no lids.  Later in the cruise I notice the larger size plain white cups with no lids.  I suspect this is another cutback, those brown fancy printed on cups with nice lids just no longer fit in Princess' budget

As far as using your own cup, not a problem for brewed coffee for sure.  I did that most of the 28 days.  I only used 3 specialty "punches"

Edited by hpeabody

9 hours ago, Shaver John said:

We are traveling on the Sky next month. I have been reading questions about coffee and someone mentioned that the ship they were on ran out of large coffee cups. This happened on one of our last cruises also, it did not matter as we had Sip and Sale, but this time we do not. I plan to take a Yeti 20 ounce cup with a lid for my coffee and just wondered if anyone knows what size the large cups they give you are. Are they 20 ounces or not? Also, do you know what size the regular cups are-how many ounces?I have purchased a coffee card and wondered if I can have my personal cup filled up with my coffee or special coffee or will they not do that. Thanks for any help.

We have been on a couple (or maybe even 3) of cruises (at least two on Coral Princess and "probably" one on Ruby Princess) where they "ran out of" large coffee cups at IC almost immediately. It's crap. You have a coffee "card" and you can only get a small or regular or whatever it's called. Under the terms of the package you are entitled to a large. It's really freaking wrong. I've seen the large denied with the premium beverage package because, "we are out of the large cups". What a bunch of "whatever". I don't always want a large but, when I do, they should be able to provide me with a "large".