Are sweet sixteen cabins still desirable?

gordylad

8 hours ago, gordylad said:

just curious as they dont seem to get snapped up as fast as they used to......

I had one on Millennium a few years ago and did not use it much.  The itinerary was in cold weather, so the balcony held little attraction. For a warm weather cruise, I would consider a sweet sixteen balcony again.

Did you ever try a sweet sixteen after your similar post four years ago?

1 hour ago, K12Guy said:

Why are they called 'Sweet Sixteen' when there are actually 32? Sixteen on each side.

Because there are sixteen of them total...

Not all of the 32 2-C balcony cabins on Deck 6 Forward (Millennium Class ships only) have the expanded verandas that have caused those with larger balconies to be nicknamed Sweet 16 staterooms...

To the best of my recall, the Sweet 16 cabins are 6016-6030 on the starboard side and 6021-6035 on the port side...

Edited by Xport
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Xport said:

Because there are sixteen of them total...

Interesting. I've not been in any of them so don't really have a clue. I just figured sixteen per side and 'sweet sixteen' is a fairly common phrase, at least in the States.

19 hours ago, barneyboy said:

We had 6030 on Summit last month and still enjoyed the large balcony. Great location for going up to the Ocean View and down to the dining room and al Bacio as we try to avoid using the stairs. 

We were in that room on Summit just after its refurbishment last April. Being the furthest aft extended balcony, we could see all the way along the ship. It is still a very desirable location. I took that walk down to Cafe al Bacio many times. It is very convenient especially when the shops are closed.

The only downside is that we could not talk the room steward into bringing us lounge chairs. They used to allow that on the Infinity years back. The balcony is plenty large to accommodate long chairs, but they are not allowed to replace them.

On 10/14/2019 at 8:42 AM, gordylad said:

just curious as they dont seem to get snapped up as fast as they used to......

I've seen this as well as the C1 afts.  They were always snagged first and if you didn't jump on it, you'd have to hope for a cancellation.  My thinking is X is attracting newer clientele that is not aware of the desirability of these cabins.  Many of the older seasoned X cruisers have moved on to other lines.  Shhhh.  Let's keep it a secret.

Since the only way to know about the "sweet 16" would be if you were educated on cruise critic or possibly FB about it.  The majority of cruisers do not fit into these categories so combined with those that are now sailing on other lines that knew about the sweet 16, that could be a reason they are not as popular to be sold quickly.