Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
olemissreb

Item found in Serenade of the Seas Cabin 9256

This is a long shot, but I just received an email about an item found in Cabin 9256.  I was in this cabin 9/29-10/6.  The item is not ours as my mother nor I lost anything.  If you were in this cabin and lost something, here is the email I received:

Thank you for choosing to sail with us on your recent cruise vacation. We hope you had a wonderful time!

Our records indicate that an item has been found on your recent cruise that might belong to you. If you left an item(s) when you disembarked, please visit www.chargerback.com and create a Lost Report, providing a detail description of your lost item(s). This will initiate the mailing process of your lost item. 

Please note, in general ships store found items for 30 days.

Thank you for cruising with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Sincerely,

Lost and Found Team

Royal Caribbean International

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This message may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or taking any action in reliance on these contents is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this e-mail and then delete it from your system.

Hope you can get your lost item returned to you.

Cross posted on the Roll Calls for the 2 cruises prior to mine and the one after mine.

Edited by olemissreb
add'l info

Not mine but by answering at least the question goes to the first page and maybe, just maybe, someone may see it.

5 hours ago, olemissreb said:

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This message may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or taking any action in reliance on these contents is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this e-mail and then delete it from your system.

I sure am glad you followed directions. Lol

I'm a bit skeptical.  I'm not sure I would trust that email.  Before taking any action I would verify the authenticity of the email via  a phone call to RCI customer service.  Looks like a "fishing" email to me.  

18 hours ago, SeaScout said:

I'm a bit skeptical.  I'm not sure I would trust that email.  Before taking any action I would verify the authenticity of the email via  a phone call to RCI customer service.  Looks like a "fishing" email to me.  

Could be.  I  haven't responded to it.  I just didn't want to take chances that it also might be legit if someone did actually lose something.

18 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I sure am glad you followed directions. Lol

Yeah - well I am an Ole Miss Rebel for a reason I guess!  :)

I did some research and chargerback seems to be a legit lost and found company.  Started with hotel companies.

In regards to the CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE.  It is just boilerplate some companies email systems automatically append to outbound emails no matter the actual content of the email.

The email didn't have any names, credit card numbers, social security number, etc, so the "may be unlawful" portion is laughable.

If it is real, it should be addressed to you, mention your name, and also have the cabin number that you sailed in (which you did say you sailed in that cabin).

Also, hover over the link and see what the real link is.  If not EXACTLY the same, it is a scam.

BTW, I just went to Chargerback.com and it is a company that returns found items.

A lot of work on the website for a scam.