Email address for shareholder onboard credit?

Cafedumonde

2 minutes ago, Cafedumonde said:

I know I have seen discussion of this before but I cannot find it.  Is fax or mail the only current method of submission?  I thought I saw someone with an email address?  Thanks

Not allowed by email with Princess.  If you look up the Carnival Corp Shareholder Benefit, you will find a PDF on the corporate website that outlines the program and the fax number or snail mail address to use.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Not allowed by email with Princess.  If you look up the Carnival Corp Shareholder Benefit, you will find a PDF on the corporate website that outlines the program and the fax number or snail mail address to use.

Ok thanks!  I was looking for an easy way out, but no such luck!

The issue, as discussed a long while back, is that folks often forget to blank out their stockbroker account number.  Since email attachments can theoretically be looked at enroute between your computer and Princess' computer, there was a legal opinion that email posed a risk to them under Frank-Dodd.

For the lawyers out there.  It was Princess' Legal Dept's opinion.  I have none, IANAL.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Haboob said:

The issue, as discussed a long while back, is that folks often forget to blank out their stockbroker account number.  Since email attachments can theoretically be looked at enroute between your computer and Princess' computer, there was a legal opinion that email posed a risk to them under Frank-Dodd.

For the lawyers out there.  It was Princess' Legal Dept's opinion.  I have none, IANAL.

Just a yes or no would suffice.

• Haha 1

Stockholders with at least 100 shares of Carnival Corporation stock can get an OBC. You must apply for each cruise. Proof is a copy of your statement, proxy notice, or share certificate. A special form is not needed. Just send all cruise info: booking #, ship, and date.

The credit is $250 for a cruise 14 days or longer, $100 for 7 to 13 days, and $50 for 6 days or less.

Send by fax or regular mail. It can not be sent by email.

Princess Cruises Booking Support

24303 Town Center Drive, Suite 200

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

Tel 800.872.6779 ext. 30317

Fax 661.753.0180

17 hours ago, Haboob said:

Thanks for that information -- it never occurred to me that there was a legal concern.  Faxing is a bit of a hassle these days.  Neither my work or DW's has a traditional fax machine -- both are internet based.  I've got an old multi-function printer that I pull out and plug into our phone line.  It is the only thing I use it for.  I guess it's a good argument for keeping our landline.  😀

Of course I would never consider sending my brokerage statement in any way without blanking out the account number and all information not pertinent to the cruise line.  

53 minutes ago, CRUZBUDS said:

Thanks for that information -- it never occurred to me that there was a legal concern.  Faxing is a bit of a hassle these days.  Neither my work or DW's has a traditional fax machine -- both are internet based.  I've got an old multi-function printer that I pull out and plug into our phone line.  It is the only thing I use it for.  I guess it's a good argument for keeping our landline.  😀

Of course I would never consider sending my brokerage statement in any way without blanking out the account number and all information not pertinent to the cruise line.  

You can use an online fax service.  Scan your docs to a PDF and then use a service.  Google is your friend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, denmarks said:

The credit is $250 for a cruise 14 days or longer, $100 for 7 to 13 days, and $50 for 6 days or less.

That's a tad misleading.  😞    "Dollar" might not mean what you think it does.

On Santa Clarita-controlled cruises, it's the US$. 

On Chatswood-controlled cruises it's the AU$, which runs about 75% of the US$.

Were there were still cruises controlled by Princess UK, SOBC on those would be £150, £60, and £30, respectively

7 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

You can use an online fax service.  Scan your docs to a PDF and then use a service.  Google is your friend.

"If it's free on the internet, you [and the content of your docs] are the product being sold"

58 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Thanks for the advice -- It would be easier, faster and safer just to dust off my old MFC unit a few times a year and plug it in and fax it    

I am a bit suspicious of "free" fax services as well as sending sensitive information over the internet.  The word "free" always gets my attention.  Therefore I snail mail the stockbroker statement to Princess.  It takes longer to post and is a pain particularly as I tear the house apart looking for a postage stamp but feel it is worth the extra security. 

• Like 1

Been using free fax web services for years with no problem.  As for email, I believe the real issue is not with broker account codes being readable since you could attach a PDF of the statement with the info redacted (which is what I formerly did before they banned email submission).  I think its more that malware can be attached to email and enter their IT systems.  A ransomware attack on CCL would cost many millions to ransom a return of access to their data.

22 hours ago, CRUZBUDS said:

I've got an old multi-function printer that I pull out and plug into our phone line.  It is the only thing I use it for.  I guess it's a good argument for keeping our landline.  😀

I send mine in via U.S. Mail.  A coworker brought a fax machine into work and hooked it up to the work landline to send faxes.  At the end of his shift, he would disconnect it and put it in his car.  Our number ended up on a fax telephone number list and 24 hours a day that line would ring and when answered all you would hear is fax tones. ( That line was monitored 24 hours a day so even on the overnights it caused problems for our staff.)  If that hasn't happened to you yet, be careful - it could start any time and once your number is out there you can't stop the calls.