Waitlisted for Celebrity Select dining-Edge

BaumD

Any tips for getting switched to Celebrity Select dining BEFORE getting on-board. Already on the waitlist. Would like to make some reservations before going on the cruise in January. Does being Elite help in any way?

We were wait listed for Select as well prior to our cruise, I can tell you its not a big deal.  You can go to any of the 4 main dining rooms whenever you want and request a table.  No reservations were necessary and we waited maybe 2 minutes, if that.  There are so many different dining options that I just don't think its ever an issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've never had to waitlist for select dining on any cruise.  If it's not listed as available I'll ask my TA to call before I make my reservation.  I let them know that I won't be making my reservation unless they can assign me to Select dining.  I've never had my request denied.  I would ask my TA to call now.

I was waitlisted as well. I emailed the dining address above a couple of weeks ago to reiterate the waitlist and also request the dining room I would rather have for my assigned one if the waitlist did not come through (2/16 cruise). I received an email back that “my request would be accommodated” from the manager for my requested dining room.

Then on Thursday I looked and my dining time had “Select” and “Anytime” on it, and I was able to go in and make my reservations (I like a time between the two fixed times) for a rotation of the dining rooms.

I do not know if my email bumped me up on the waitlist or if I would have cleared anyway. But I am glad I did clear! 

So clearing it can happen!!