Is suggested dress for the dining room not a thing anymore?

PK34

I haven't cruised for a year (gasp!) and was just looking through Freedom cruise compasses from a month ago with the same Southern Caribbean itinerary that I'll be doing in a week :).  I could not find the suggested dress for the evening anywhere, it used to be listed with the dining times.  So I thought it might be an anomaly and pulled up recent Allure compasses and did not see it there either. 

I know people are dressing down much more than 3 decades ago when I started cruising, which doesn't bother me at all, but I might dress up one night if there is a formal(ish) night.  I'm assuming day 2 would be formal because that's when the captain's reception is.  I'm curious as to how Royal notifies its passengers about suggested dress if it's not in the compasses?  Or is it just not a thing anymore?

21 minutes ago, PK34 said:

I haven't cruised for a year (gasp!) and was just looking through Freedom cruise compasses from a month ago with the same Southern Caribbean itinerary that I'll be doing in a week :).  I could not find the suggested dress for the evening anywhere, it used to be listed with the dining times.  So I thought it might be an anomaly and pulled up recent Allure compasses and did not see it there either. 

I know people are dressing down much more than 3 decades ago when I started cruising, which doesn't bother me at all, but I might dress up one night if there is a formal(ish) night.  I'm assuming day 2 would be formal because that's when the captain's reception is.  I'm curious as to how Royal notifies its passengers about suggested dress if it's not in the compasses?  Or is it just not a thing anymore?

There will likely be two formal nights on your Freedom cruise.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

It's listed on the front page.  Bottom right corner above 50 Years Bold.

Google: freedom of the seas cruise compass (click 2nd link)

Thanks!  I looked twice and missed it!!