Adjoining Rooms / -Away class

ggooglyboogly

I'm booked in a mini suite on the Breakaway in a few weeks, and was starting to worry about the sleeping arrangements of my 3 year old and 1 year old.... basically they get along a little too well haha, every time they see each other they light up, which is....difficult for bed time.  So had an epiphany that it may be a better idea to just swap the room for adjoining rooms (inside or oceanview).  So, if you've had adjoining rooms on these ships, can you leave the door open between both rooms at all times?  Has anyone done similar with any success?   Will be my 3 year old's 7th cruise and 1 year old's 2nd!  

Edited by ggooglyboogly

My cousin had adjoining balcony rooms on the Breakaway when we went in 2016.  She has three girls.  At the time they were 9 months, 3 and 9.  The kids were in one room and her and her husband in the adjoining room.  They kept the door open majority of the time at least during the day.  I don't know if they closed it during sleep time because I wasn't obviously there.  But when I babysat one night and the two little's went to bed, I closed their door partially to block out some light and kept the parents side open. 

The adjoining rooms worked out great because they were able to pass back and forth easily.  They had extra room.  They had two bathrooms.  This year they are doing all 5 in a oceanview family room.  It will be much tighter.  But it looks nice.

For the kids room, she kept the balcony closed and covered with luggage in front of the door.  The 3 year old never realized it was their own balcony, the 9 year is literally a picture perfect kid and wouldn't dare open the curtains.  And thankfully the baby wasn't old enough yet (this time, she'd be the one climbing over the balcony!).  They used the parents balcony accordingly.   So they didn't have the room steward open the two balconies.

Hope this helps!

PLEASE be advised that adjoining and connecting are different.

Connecting rooms are 2 cabins next to each other with door within the cabins that you can enter to the other cabin from your cabin. They are denoted with double sided arrows on the deck plans.

Adjoining rooms are just 2 cabins next to each other. You enter the other cabin via public corridor. 

So when you book cabins make sure they are connecting cabins.

• Like 1