Australian Perfect Day at Lelepa

jldev

Just off the press from RCCL:  

An island paradise reimagined, Perfect Day at Lelepa will be the exclusive home of Royal Caribbean's newest private island destination in the Southern Hemisphere.

The only island of its kind, one of the natural gems of the South Pacific, unlike anywhere else in the world.

Only on Royal Caribbean.

• Like 2

An island paradise reimagined, Perfect Day at Lelepa will be the exclusive home of Royal Caribbean's newest private island destination 
in the Southern Hemisphere.

The only island of its kind, one of the natural gems of the South Pacific, 
unlike anywhere else in the world.

Only on Royal Caribbean.

E35B2DAE-AB75-4014-8511-833D33680506.gif.a58b1c20e25f1c1e81a68e424d8bbb36.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yep.... sometime around Christmas 2022.

You can't even book a cruise for Christmas 2021 yet.

In all honesty, the whole "private island" bit doesn't interest me. I'm obviously not reflective of the overall customer base, but why would I want to go to an island? I could go to a theme park at home for a lot less. If I did happen to be on a cruise that went there, I'd probably stay on the ship and have a relaxing time while everyone else is on the island.

I also read on these forums about the cost of renting cabanas etc, and just don't get it.

Yes it's  comming hot dogs , burgers and cabanas for $$$ 

Probably a cheese cake factory with donuts and artificial maple syrup all over , fat free of cause and slides zip line . Please tell me it is not so 😯😕😑

19 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Is this likely going to be only Brisbane round trips or Sydney as well?

Both.

Radiance will be based from Brisbane from Nov 2020. Sydney will have Serenade, Ovation and I think Voyager. At the moment they are only here during cruise season (Oct-Apr).

To make this island work RCI will probably have to base a ship in Brisbane and Sydney over winter.

7 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Both.

Radiance will be based from Brisbane from Nov 2020. Sydney will have Serenade, Ovation and I think Voyager. At the moment they are only here during cruise season (Oct-Apr).

To make this island work RCI will probably have to base a ship in Brisbane and Sydney over winter.

Isn't Voyager leaving in 2021 and Serenade seasonal?

19 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Isn't Voyager leaving in 2021 and Serenade seasonal?

All RC ships are seasonal at the moment. I can't see the island being shut down over winter so at least two ships will need to be based here over winter. One in Sydney and one in Brisbane is the simplest option.

I don't know what is happening with Voyager, but if not Voyager it will be another RC ship.

1 hour ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I don't know what is happening with Voyager, but if not Voyager it will be another RC ship.

I suspect that Voyager is now too small (passenger capacity) for Royal's big plans.

• Clarea changed the title to Australian Perfect Day at Lelepa
5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I suspect that Voyager is now too small (passenger capacity) for Royal's big plans.

I was actually thinking that this would coincide with Oasis 6. It would be the perfect itinerary for an oasis class ship with the same already happening out of Florida. Plus, capacity wise, imagine having Ovation and Oasis 6 visiting the island simultaneously. Big bucks coming to Royal!

3 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

I was actually thinking that this would coincide with Oasis 6. It would be the perfect itinerary for an oasis class ship with the same already happening out of Florida. Plus, capacity wise, imagine having Ovation and Oasis 6 visiting the island simultaneously. Big bucks coming to Royal!

Agreed.

The information so far about Lelepa mentions ‘ecological sensitivity’ and ‘natural beauty’ frequently. 

Hopefully the the island doesn’t end up looking like Coco Cay - we were there 2 weeks ago and it is a theme park (I agree Labadee is nicer, however not much nature remains there either).