Dress code on Brilliance of the Seas

My husband and I would like to join the formal dinners but we don't have room in the suitcase for a suit for him. I will have a long black dress. Will a nice blazer with a tie and white shirt be acceptable for the formal evenings?  Hard to bring all this stuff when traveling for a month without a sherpa!

Just now, Indy-jones said:

My husband and I would like to join the formal dinners but we don't have room in the suitcase for a suit for him. I will have a long black dress. Will a nice blazer with a tie and white shirt be acceptable for the formal evenings?  Hard to bring all this stuff when traveling for a month without a sherpa!

I forgot to mention this is the Nov 3 sailing from Barcelona to Tampa

Just now, Indy-jones said:

Will a nice blazer with a tie and white shirt be acceptable for the formal evenings?  

More than acceptable.  Dress, even on formal nights, is very mixed and your husband will be more dressed than most!

9 minutes ago, Indy-jones said:

Royal no longer enforces any dress suggestions, so you can wear whatever you like.

10 minutes ago, Indy-jones said:

He will fit in just fine :)  My husband has stopped bringing a suitcoat/blazer, to save luggage space, and he never feels out of place (formal nights he usually does a dress shirt and tie).

7 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

He will fit in just fine 🙂 My husband has stopped bringing a suitcoat/blazer, to save luggage space, and he never feels out of place (formal nights he usually does a dress shirt and tie).

Thanks for that info. My husband will have a shirt and tie and nice b

jacket and look preppy classy. (Hopefully not too wrinkled!)

1 hour ago, Indy-jones said:

That's still overkill unless he really likes dressing up.  I just wear a polo and slacks nowadays on formal night and fit in with about half the room.  Heck, one cruise we were late from an excursion and didn't notice it was formal night in the planner.  Showed up a mess, nobody cared one bit.

11 hours ago, Indy-jones said:

Since you're in Europe you will likely see more people dress up.  You're husband will easily be in the "well dressed" category. In the Caribbean few even try.  We got off Harmony a few weeks ago.  I had a sportscoat and tie.  I must say I DID feel out of place.  Should have worn a t-shirt and shorts.   Would have fit in better.  No, not kidding, and this was in the Suite Lounge.  

So not to worry at all.  Y'all will look great on Formal Night.  Have a great cruise!  

19 hours ago, Indy-jones said:

Although I never bring a suit on a long trip anymore and just opt for a tie, nice pants and maybe a sweater.  You really don't need a suit.

But why don't you have room in the suitcase for him.  Is because you pack too much for yourself?  This is an international trip.  So our rules are that you get 23kg (50lb) and I get the same.  I can easily pack for two weeks, include one pair of shoes, and a jacket for dinner. 

57 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

Although I never bring a suit on a long trip anymore and just opt for a tie, nice pants and maybe a sweater.  You really don't need a suit.

But why don't you have room in the suitcase for him.  Is because you pack too much for yourself?  This is an international trip.  So our rules are that you get 23kg (50lb) and I get the same.  I can easily pack for two weeks, include one pair of shoes, and a jacket for dinner. 

Joseph, we are each bringing a big suitcase because we will be traveling for a month throughout Spain.