Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
BaltimoreCruise

Flight Ease Question

If I book flights for my Alaskan cruise (September, 2020) using the Flight Ease Program, can I cancel without penalty before final payment on my cruise is due?

Thank you.

BaltimoreCruise

8 minutes ago, BaltimoreCruise said:

If I book flights for my Alaskan cruise (September, 2020) using the Flight Ease Program, can I cancel without penalty before final payment on my cruise is due?

Thank you.

BaltimoreCruise

You can if you select a flexible fare. You can also monitor airfare costs, and cancel and rebook your flights if you find a better schedule or price. 

Be certain you choose flexible fares.   They are a little more expensive generally, but you can change them or cancel them up to final payment with no penalty.   

18 hours ago, sevenseasnomad said:

Does a passenger save money on domestic flights, using Flight Ease?

I always explore both options- booking on my on and flight ease.  On some flights, the savings is only a few dollars but on a few, there are significant savings.  

Not a lot of experience here, but on two domestic cruises I found better deals on my own. Traveling to Europe, Flight Ease was a lot cheaper than anything I found. 

You can book through Flight Ease but you don't actually pay for the flights until your final cruise payment is due.  So, if you just book without paying, you could cancel at anytime until you do pay in full.

I didn't understand about Flight Ease until a couple of threads popped up on CC a couple of weeks ago. For our upcoming Panama Canal transit (Ft. Lauderdale to San Diego), DW and I compared the prices we were quoted from Chase Travel thanks to our Sapphire Reserve card, with the Flight Ease fares for the same open jaw tickets, and were amazed at how favorable the pricing was with Flight Ease. And yes, I was comparing "Main Cabin" pricing versus "Flexible Fare," and we were allowed to make our seat selection and have the right to carry on baggage for the overhead bin etc., so I'm satisfied we're not stuck with the bare-bones pricing that the airlines are now using to entice the unwary.

Domestic round trips to and from the same airport will not same much.  The big advantage is the ability to get a confirmed flight, but not have to par for it until final payment date, which usually is 75 days out.

Some people say they get better fares by booking in their own, but one reason for those discrepancies is that Flight Ease does not quote flights from budget carriers like Southwest, Allegiant, Spirit, etc.    Flight Ease only quotes the major airlines in the US and around the world.

It's difficult to beat Flight Ease prices on international (Europe and Asia) flights especially for business class.

2 hours ago, dag144 said:

It's difficult to beat Flight Ease prices on international (Europe and Asia) flights especially for business class.

Totally agree.  They can be really discounted.  I didn’t waste FF miles with the deal I had from Amsterdam and on KLM biz no less 😉