Edge Specialty Restaurants

NCHPcruiser

For those that have sailed on the Edge and went to specialty restaurants (perhaps a dining package) what was a favorite?  I ask this understanding that dining experiences are subjective.  We are sailing on the Edge in February.   We are usually in a suite so dine in Luminae and  go to a specialty restaurant when we want a change of evening scenery, usually 2 or 3 times depending on cruise length, ship and weather.  We have tried each several times with varying degrees of satisfaction.   Friends we are sailing with have been on the Edge but did not try any of the specialty restaurants.    

Thanks!

Martha

Edited by NCHPcruiser
Addition

We thought Fine Cut Steakhouse was good but noisy as the restaurant is open to the Grand Foyer and noise from Martini Bar &  music in the Grand Foyer make conversation difficult.  

We didn’t try Eden or Raw on 5 and dinner on the Magic  arpeggios didn’t materialize on our cruise.  
We did La Petit chef- food was good the animation was cute but a 1 and done for us.  
Rooftop Grill was our favorite but it is best to go on a late night in port.  There were no wind screens or roof.  The port night we went it was very enjoyable.  We went back a 2nd time while ship was sailing- hair blowing in my face, napkins blowing away along with salad, fries, then it started raining😮

Jelayne, thank you for the information, especially about Rooftop Grill.  I haven’t heard it mentioned much at all so it wasn’t really on my radar like Fine Cuts, Eden and Magic Carpet.   We have enjoyed Lawn Club Grill several times so it’s nice to know that a similar outdoor venue is available.   The noise in Fine Cuts is a definite drawback for our small group.

This is what I answered on another thread, with a couple of edits:

We have dined in all of the Edge specialty dining venues and our favorite for dinner was the Fine Cut Steakhouse. The bone in filet mignon was excellent all 3 times we ate there. The scallops appetizer was also excellent. The restaurant is above the Grand Plaza, which can get noisy at night, so I would ask for a table further in - we didn't really have a problem with noise when we dined there, though others have reported it.

Le Grand Bistro was an amazing restaurant for lunch (also has brunch a few days a week). The food, service and ambiance were excellent - it was actually my favorite restaurant overall. Hopefully they will do dinner there some day when Le Petit Chef runs its course.

We had dinner at Le Petit Chef twice - it is a fun experience and the food was very good (doing it with friends with especially fun).

Eden's food was amazing - the price just dropped to $55 so we booked again on the Apex. There have been reports of a potential 15 item tasting  menu for the Apex - not sure if Edge will change also. They have modified the menu over time a bit.

We also enjoyed Raw on 5 and likely will do that again for lunch - they might even park the Magic Carpet there so that we could have lunch out there in good weather. You could also do Rooftop Garden Grill for lunch - that's what we did and had a great time, although we are booked at sunset for a night on the Apex that we will be in port late.

Overall, the food on the Edge was the best we ever have had on Celebrity. We are looking forward to going back to the Edge and the Apex.

Here is a thread that goes over the Edge dining venues and has some pictures. It might be helpful. 🙂

We tried them all except for Magic Carpet since it is too windy out there.

Fine Cut was the best by far. 

Some liked Eden others did not.  The skits are rather odd.  We liked the food in Eden and would rank it #2.

Edited by NMTraveller