Cell phone service in port

BuckeyeMark

3 hours ago, JohninDC said:

AT&T roaming worked well for us in February.

could you "hit it" from the ship?  I don't really want to take my phone with me on our shore excursion.  would prefer to get some email and then be done with it for the day.

1 hour ago, BuckeyeMark said:

could you "hit it" from the ship?  I don't really want to take my phone with me on our shore excursion.  would prefer to get some email and then be done with it for the day.

Did not try from the ship - was afraid we would get linked to the expensive ship network.  Some of the bars and restaurants on the pier (there are 3 piers on Cozumel, so it depends upon your ship and pier) have Wi-Fi if you just want to get off, play with your phone for an hour, and then get back on.

• Like 1

Just remember, when you take your phone out of "airplane mode" you will automatically go to Local Time, and it may be different from ship time.  You always always always need to know ship time so you don't miss the ship!  It is your responsibility.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ABQrobin said:

Just remember, when you take your phone out of "airplane mode" you will automatically go to Local Time, and it may be different from ship time.  You always always always need to know ship time so you don't miss the ship!  It is your responsibility.

ABQRobin is correct!  

The solution to this issue, which may surprise those of you in younger generations (that shoudl include most of the people on this board) is an invention called a watch.  Avoid "smart" watches that link to your phone, etc.  Go to Walmart or Target and for not much more than $10 you can buy an amazing "digital watch" that, once set, will stay on ship's time!  😉

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2019 at 7:30 AM, ABQrobin said:

You can also set your phone time to a specific time zone, in this case the zone in which the ships time is located. Always check your phone time shows the same as that on the ship.