Premium Drink Package Question

kiwichick62

Hi, once booked with Princess Cruises do they ever offer discounted premium drink packages before you sail?  I am surprised that there is only one (expensive) alcohol package available.

Edited by kiwichick62

In answer to your question, no.  They do have a sale in the springtime that offers a free BPB package called the Sip'n'Sail.  I have taken advantage of it several times in the past and again for our first cruise next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, satxdiver said:

In answer to your question, no.  They do have a sale in the springtime that offers a free BPB package called the Sip'n'Sail.  I have taken advantage of it several times in the past and again for our first cruise next year.

Those deals like SipnSail are never offered to Aussies and Kiwis (nor just about anyone outside of the US I think) which I believe is discriminatory. But nothing will change there I guess.

Hopefully I'll fluke it like I recently did on the Royal and I couldn't believe my luck when our dinner companions had the beverage package and neither drank alcohol. They were more than happy to shout me a wine or two. I know it is not permitted but they weren't sharing, sort of, as they were not using the package at all. I'm trying to stay in touch with them to see what their future cruise bookings are. Well, not really, but they were a lovely couple. 😀

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, exgman said:

Once onboard, isn’t there a discounted package for bottles of wine?

It depends on the cruise. I've heard not often offered on a 7 day cruise, but will be offered for longer cruises. Have also heard people complain that wines they wanted were not available. I know we've cruised (without a wine package) and wines we've seen on the menu and requested were not available. 

I prefer to bring my own wine, and pay the corkage fee. 

On 10/16/2019 at 4:34 AM, satxdiver said:

We are careful with sip n sail and other promos, our mini suite which we booked before the sip n sail promo was more expensive with that promo.  about the same as purchasing 2 beverage packages more. 🤔We have been successful booking while on board getting the obc and the pleasure of booking and planning the next cruise before getting off. 

2 hours ago, jennybenny said:

It depends on the cruise. I've heard not often offered on a 7 day cruise, but will be offered for longer cruises. Have also heard people complain that wines they wanted were not available. I know we've cruised (without a wine package) and wines we've seen on the menu and requested were not available. 

I prefer to bring my own wine, and pay the corkage fee. 

When we sail out California we drive to the ports and bring a case of wine onboard. We’re leaving on a 10 day out of NY this time so we dont plan on doing that.  In the past there was usually a table set up outside the buffet selling the wine package. I know the PBP includes some bottled wine discounts along with the per glass discount but were not getting that this time. When I board, I’ll head for the buffet and see what they have. I have been reading several complaints about the ship not having popular wines, so I’ll keep that in mind.