Using Future Cruise Credits (FCC's)

cruiseerf

Hello All:  

We have cruised extensively with Celebrity over the years.  About 1 or 2 years ago we were onboard and the Transatlantics were not yet bookable.   The onboard sales team allowed us to purchase a $200 deposit per cabin which would give us the same benefits as booking onboard when the transatlantics were being released the following month.    Next month we booked using these future cruise credits of $200 per cabin for our deposits.   Jump forward a year and we have received a $800 FCC for a maintenance issue on one of our recent cruises.  Historically we advise our travel agent to apply the FCC on the next cruise and this has always worked.  This time, our travel agent came back to us saying that because we used the FCC of $200 you can no longer combine FCC's on one cruise.  We would have to push our FCC to use on another cruise?  This does not sound correct?  I know you cannot stack "promotions" like shareholder etc but I always thought FCC's act as a cash alternative regardless?   When did this policy change?      

Any insight you can shed on this change in policy is much appreciated.   This is not how FCC's have ever worked for us? 

Safe Sails to all!   

Have never had the opportunity to use two FCCs, so do not know if or when there was a change in policy.

However, for anyone considering purchasing a FCC as you did, I recommend instead simply booking a placeholder cruise. When new cruises are released, you can simply transfer your placeholder reservation to an actual cruise of interest without losing any on-board booking bonus OBC.  Then if you happen to receive a FCC as compensation for a problem on a previous cruise you can apply that FCC to the new reservation without any FCC stacking.

• Like 1

I would escalate this to CelebrityOneTouch.   It seems reasonable to me that you should be able to use both.  The first one was really just an early deposit to secure the onboard booking benefits prior to Celebrity opening the itinerary you wanted to book.  The second being a maintenance issue was a good will gesture to get you to sail again, which you are.

Like others I have been bit by purchase of the Future Cruise Certificate onboard and would never do an unnamed booking again.  Now like others I just book a placeholder cruise I may have no intention of taking with a refundable deposit.  While I know it's not really right to do this, they set the playing field so I play the game their way.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I would escalate this to CelebrityOneTouch.   It seems reasonable to me that you should be able to use both.  The first one was really just an early deposit to secure the onboard booking benefits prior to Celebrity opening the itinerary you wanted to book.  The second being a maintenance issue was a good will gesture to get you to sail again, which you are.

Like others I have been bit by purchase of the Future Cruise Certificate onboard and would never do an unnamed booking again.  Now like others I just book a placeholder cruise I may have no intention of taking with a refundable deposit.  While I know it's not really right to do this, they set the playing field so I play the game their way.

Celebrity, at least their future cruise staff, have no problem with booking a placeholder cruise. When we told their staff that was what we wished to do, they quickly found the furthest out cruise for us to book.

On 10/16/2019 at 4:53 AM, cruiseerf said:

Hello All:  

We have cruised extensively with Celebrity over the years.  About 1 or 2 years ago we were onboard and the Transatlantics were not yet bookable.   The onboard sales team allowed us to purchase a $200 deposit per cabin which would give us the same benefits as booking onboard when the transatlantics were being released the following month.    Next month we booked using these future cruise credits of $200 per cabin for our deposits.   Jump forward a year and we have received a $800 FCC for a maintenance issue on one of our recent cruises.  Historically we advise our travel agent to apply the FCC on the next cruise and this has always worked.  This time, our travel agent came back to us saying that because we used the FCC of $200 you can no longer combine FCC's on one cruise.  We would have to push our FCC to use on another cruise?  This does not sound correct?  I know you cannot stack "promotions" like shareholder etc but I always thought FCC's act as a cash alternative regardless?   When did this policy change?      

Any insight you can shed on this change in policy is much appreciated.   This is not how FCC's have ever worked for us? 

Safe Sails to all!   

We had an issue on a cruise and were issued a credit similar to your experience. We'd booked with a TA (large, online, high volume). We called the TA to have it applied and they couldn't because we had other promotions in place. I then called Captains Club and they contacted my TA and the credit was applied. Good luck. I think it may be an issue or getting to the right person. Normally Captains Club can't deal with a reservation's pricing when the reservation "belongs" to a TA, but in our case they needed to get involved in order to allow the TA to use it.

Edited by Luvcrusn
correction