Edge - Main dining restaurants

zltm089

I believe there are 4 "main" dining restaurants available on the Celebrity Edge available for non suite passengers. 

I have a "fixed" reservation dining time of 20:30 for my booking.

Do you guys know if I need to reserve or specify a restaurant? Or can I just turn up at any of the 4 main dining restaurants at 20:30? 

We had Select dining and pre cruise  I booked a 7.45 dining time in a different dining room each night for the first four days. After that we rotated around again along with a couple of the speciality restaurants. We did use the Cosmopolitan more than the others though.

• Thanks 1

Thank you. 

I will email the TA and Celebrity Cruise urgently as I DO NOT WISH TO DINE at the same restaurant every night. 

They have 4 main dining restaurants and ideally I want to try all four of them once.

1 hour ago, zltm089 said:

Thank you. 

I will email the TA and Celebrity Cruise urgently as I DO NOT WISH TO DINE at the same restaurant every night. 

They have 4 main dining restaurants and ideally I want to try all four of them once.

Then see about changing from Traditional dining to Select  Dining.  If you booked with a TA then contact them to make the change.

Thank you. 

if you can’t make the switch to Select the MaitreD of the dining room you are assigned to will arrange for you to try the other 3 dining rooms, it is a common request.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zltm089 said:

The cruise is for the 24th of November 2019, so hopefully I still have time to request for some changes.

I Am on that sailing and Select is booked.

You will have to be on the wait list OR as stated before upon boarding go to the Maitre d' ASAP to let them know which dining rooms you want to eat in so you can be scheduled accordingly...

bon appetite and bon voyage

• Thanks 1

Really sorry guys, but what is Select dining exactly? 

I've tried searching on the celebrity website but couldn't get much information. If I do chose select dining, does that mean that I will need to try a reserve a space in my chosen restaurant on a daily basis whilst on board? 

Really sorry guys, but what is Select dining exactly? 

I've tried searching on the celebrity website but couldn't get much information. If I do chose select dining, does that mean that I will need to try a reserve a space in my chosen restaurant on a daily basis whilst on board? 

Not sure if the website you are using (outside the U.S.) is much different than the U.S. flavour of the site in this regards.

Select Dining allows one to just show up at any MDR when they want to dine. At times which are popular for many, there could be a wait. Otherwise one can make a reservation for each night.

Traditional Dining one is assigned to Early or Late with up to a 20 minute grace period to be seated.

I chose to make reservations for most nights as there are 13 of us.

bon appetite and bon voyage

Definitely get on the wait list if you want select. It may be too late for a November cruise - though maybe not - but I can now say that wait lists can work. HOWEVER, you don't get an email or anything saying it came through, you need to look on "Manage your reservation" to see if it's cleared.

I'd been put on traditional dining at 6pm for my February cruise (just booked at the beginning of the month) because Select was full. I happened to look just a few minutes ago not expecting to see anything other than 6:00pm waitlist for Select, and was shocked to see Select!! I immediately went in and made my reservations to hit all 4 dining rooms once and the ones I think I want to repeat a second time (those repeats will likely be where I'd consider a specialty dinner if I decide to go that route). So excited to get to try them all now without having to have it specially arranged!!

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart
  • Thanks 2

On 10/17/2019 at 1:38 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Definitely get on the wait list if you want select. It may be too late for a November cruise - though maybe not - but I can now say that wait lists can work. HOWEVER, you don't get an email or anything saying it came through, you need to look on "Manage your reservation" to see if it's cleared.

I'd been put on traditional dining at 6pm for my February cruise (just booked at the beginning of the month) because Select was full. I happened to look just a few minutes ago not expecting to see anything other than 6:00pm waitlist for Select, and was shocked to see Select!! I immediately went in and made my reservations to hit all 4 dining rooms once and the ones I think I want to repeat a second time (those repeats will likely be where I'd consider a specialty dinner if I decide to go that route). So excited to get to try them all now without having to have it specially arranged!!

Where did you reserve? Is it through the celebrity app? 

If you can't  do it online, the Cap Club or reg X rep should be able to do it for you if your Online cruise planner is not working well. 

We had to go that route for  a cruise on Summit..One phone call did the trick

(Assuming  res are not all booked up already) This is easier b/c there' s only one mdr on Summit. For EDGE, dh had to do each night sep...annoying but doable.

The decor in the 4 main MDR's are different in each one BUT the menus are actually about 80% the same. Each location has a few special items but then the rest of the menu, including the everyday items, will be the same at each venue. You can get an idea of this from the Celebrity website. You can pull up the menus from the different locations (there is a dining "tab") and see the special items and then the rest of the menu that will be the same in all venues. But hopefully you can change to select once on board.