Port Canaveral Hotel (Cocoa Beach)

LuCruise

Looking at booking a hotel near Port Canaveral (which I think is Cocoa Beach area).  Requirements are clean hotel with pool, wifi and breakfast included is preferred but not 100% required.  I've marked the following.  Also, need reasonable price at say $280 CAD max (which is around $215 USD), but the below fall into our price range.  Any comments of avoid or book?  Or other suggestions?

• Best Western Cocoa  Beach
  • Hampton Inn Cocoa  Beach
  • Quality Inn & Suites Port Canaveral
  • Four Points Sheradin
  • La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Port Canaveral
  • Country Inn & Suites Radisson Port Canaveral
  • Radisson Hotel Port Canaveral (no breakfast but pool looks nice)

Thanks.

My husband and I stayed at the Homewood Suites at 9000 Astronaut Blvd in Cape Canaveral in September.  The total cost for the room, including taxes, was $209.40.  We paid an additional $10 total for the shuttle to the port for both of us.  The hotel was clean, had wifi, and a nice free breakfast.  There is also an outdoor pool, but we didn't use it.  There is also a small gym and self-service laundry machines.

If you sign up for the free Hilton Honors points program, you should be able to choose your room out of the available rooms.  We are always able to check in online the day before our hotel stay and choose our room.

There is a Burger King close by, along with a gas station store, a large souvenir store, and an Italian restaurant within walking distance.  We went to the restaurant, Zarella's, for lunch and it was excellent.  We were able to eat the leftovers for dinner.  It was very good.  I am sure there is a lot more around that area, but we didn't venture out.

We have also stayed at the Country Inn and Suites just across the street and our stay there was good.  At that time, we were travelling with our son and two of his friends.  We were able to get a nice room that was large enough for everyone and had the kids' beds in a separated area.  That was nice.  They also provided a shuttle to the port.

if you dig enuf you'll find good reviews of all these places

face it ..... a crappy place near the port won't be in business long! As you've noticed some have a better pool ... some a better included breakfast ..... want me to tell you BEST?????  Can't do that / won't do that.  Homewood is the newest .... Country Inn had the longest closed time for improvements after the last 'almost hurricane'

You won't go wrong with ANY on your list

if you want beach access (and I don't believe any of these are on the beach) you may want to check them on a map . . . the port is not on the beach ..... 

Edited by Capt_BJ

5 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

My husband and I stayed at the Homewood Suites at 9000 Astronaut Blvd in Cape Canaveral in September.  The total cost for the room, including taxes, was $209.40.  We paid an additional $10 total for the shuttle to the port for both of us.  The hotel was clean, had wifi, and a nice free breakfast.  There is also an outdoor pool, but we didn't use it.  There is also a small gym and self-service laundry machines.

If you sign up for the free Hilton Honors points program, you should be able to choose your room out of the available rooms.  We are always able to check in online the day before our hotel stay and choose our room.

There is a Burger King close by, along with a gas station store, a large souvenir store, and an Italian restaurant within walking distance.  We went to the restaurant, Zarella's, for lunch and it was excellent.  We were able to eat the leftovers for dinner.  It was very good.  I am sure there is a lot more around that area, but we didn't venture out.

We have also stayed at the Country Inn and Suites just across the street and our stay there was good.  At that time, we were travelling with our son and two of his friends.  We were able to get a nice room that was large enough for everyone and had the kids' beds in a separated area.  That was nice.  They also provided a shuttle to the port.

Thanks.  From what I see, Homewood Suites is one of the pricier ones over $300 CAD for our date (but I did note it as an option)....but sounds like you got a good price.  Area seems to have stuff and good to know that County Inn is ok too.  That is a huge bonus if kids are in their own area.  Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks.  From what I see, Homewood Suites is one of the pricier ones over $300 CAD for our date (but I did note it as an option)....but sounds like you got a good price.  Area seems to have stuff and good to know that County Inn is ok too.  That is a huge bonus if kids are in their own area.  Thanks for the feedback.

the four hotels closest to the port are Homewood Suites, Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn and Radisson At The Port.  The first three have a free breakfast, the Radisson does not but has a restaurant on site and a restaurant next door ( Zachary’s) that serves a great breakfast!

All four are less than 1.5 miles from the port.  I have stayed at all four and have enjoyed each one...

Edited by GTO-Girl

I like Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach because I like being close to the beach. It makes me feel like i’m really on vacation. It has a pool, WiFi and free breakfast. I’ve stayed there twice and would do so again in a heartbeat. 

Another vote for Homewood Suites - I recently stayed there for business.  The happy hour in the afternoon (Mon-Thur) was okay, several nearby restaurants, pool area was good, and Florida Beer Company was a 5 minute walk with a great selection of craft beers on tap! 😎

15 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

the four hotels closest to the port are Homewood Suites, Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn and Radisson At The Port.  The first three have a free breakfast, the Radisson does not but has a restaurant on site and a restaurant next door ( Zachary’s) that serves a great breakfast!

All four are less than 1.5 miles from the port.  I have stayed at all four and have enjoyed each one...

Thanks.  Yes, I noticed that Radisson doesn't include breakfast (but pool looks really nice so that might override breakfast).  And good to know that there are places near by though or in the hotel to grab something.

5 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Another vote for Homewood Suites - I recently stayed there for business.  The happy hour in the afternoon (Mon-Thur) was okay, several nearby restaurants, pool area was good, and Florida Beer Company was a 5 minute walk with a great selection of craft beers on tap! 😎

Thanks.  We would be staying on a Sunday night (Mon-Fri cruise) so will miss happy hour day but sounds like it gets high marks overall.

8 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks.  Yes, I noticed that Radisson doesn't include breakfast (but pool looks really nice so that might override breakfast).  And good to know that there are places near by though or in the hotel to grab something.

they do have an awesome pool!!!  And they have a neat little Tiki bar that gets you in the cruising mood for sure.  We have stayed here many times...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, indy71 said:

I like Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach because I like being close to the beach. It makes me feel like i’m really on vacation. It has a pool, WiFi and free breakfast. I’ve stayed there twice and would do so again in a heartbeat. 

I second the Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach.  We stayed there about 2 years ago.  Right across the street and about 100 yards north is a great italian restaurant named Branos Italian Grill.  Great food.

• Like 1

Of the hotels listed the La Quinta down in Cocoa Beach has the largest pool.

The 4 Points pool is not recommended - basically under the parking garage.

Radisson pool is interesting but full of kids (if you are bringing the kids then they will love it!)

The others have smaller but funtional pools.

Here is video showing all these hotels and more...Port Canaveral and Cocoa Beach Hotels

5 hours ago, SteerageJoe said:

Of the hotels listed the La Quinta down in Cocoa Beach has the largest pool.

The 4 Points pool is not recommended - basically under the parking garage.

Radisson pool is interesting but full of kids (if you are bringing the kids then they will love it!)

The others have smaller but funtional pools.

Here is video showing all these hotels and more...Port Canaveral and Cocoa Beach Hotels

Thanks for the comparison.  We actually are coming with our kids and so wanting a pool for them.  Sounds like La Quinta and Radisson are the winners on the pool side.

Great video!  Thanks!

So I'm looking at the suggestions and in terms of location, it looks like

• La Quinta at Oceanfront, Best Western and Days Inn are best in terms of having stuff around it (Publix, restaurant, beach), OR
  • Quality Inn and Four Points also have lots around it (CVS, Starbucks, Walgreens, restaurants, beach) 
  • Hampton Inn seems like it is near beach, and is about a 7-11 min walk to the same spots as Quality Inn and Four Points (noted Italian place mentioned above)

vs

• La Quinta Port Canaveral has Denny's but not much else

vs

• Country Inn & Suites, Homewood Suites and Radisson Resort are all nicest resorts of them BUT seem very isolated with not much around it

Correct?  If that's the case, then we might be best with either Quality Inn or La Quinta Oceanfront or Hampton Inn since we won't have a car so having stuff around us would be a plus too.

• 2 months later...

We've stayed at La Quinta on Hendry Avenue.  You walk through their parking lot and the beach and Pier is right there.  We also stayed at Best Western on North Atlantic Avenue this past October.  It was next door to La Quinta so again you walk through their parking lot and you're right at the beach.  

Both places had clean rooms and good customer service.  Breakfasts were ok.  Didn't use the pools.  Want to stay there again in Feb but the price on Priceline is $229 - $244 and I need two nights.  

We used Uber or Lyft from the airport to the hotel and hotel to the port.  Can't remember what shuttle we used at the port to get back to the airport after the cruise.  Saved a few dollars but was kind of hectic - we'll use Uber or Lyft this time.  

• Like 1

I stayed at the Best Western this past October.  We booked one of the cheaper prepaid rooms from AAA and got the room for $157 including taxes/fees.  I was surprised that when we checked in, we were upgraded to a Junior Suite over looking the pool.  I could see the Beach and Pool, and La Quinta Inn.  Breakfast was the usual hotel fare, but it was quick and good.  

IMG_20191026_181007.jpg

IMG_20191026_180954.jpg

• Like 1

I took a chance on an express deal for $168 night. It was between la Quinta Oceanside, best western Oceanside and holiday inn express. Wound up with holiday inn express. Was hoping it would be one of the other two. Hope it’s not too far to the beach/pier. 

1 hour ago, dmpuszcz said:

I took a chance on an express deal for $168 night. It was between la Quinta Oceanside, best western Oceanside and holiday inn express. Wound up with holiday inn express. Was hoping it would be one of the other two. Hope it’s not too far to the beach/pier. 

No, an easy stroll!

For more information about the neighborhood you can read here: http://cruiseportcanaveral.us/holiday-inn-express-suites-cocoa-beach/

Holiday-Inn-Express-Aerial-1.jpg