Add 4th person after final

Hi,

We're booked in a 3 person cabin for $2,134.  It was booked as a ZI - Inside and has now been assigned as a Category K (stateroom has third Pullman bed available).

We're now after final and there is a 4 person inside guarantee available for $2,479.  I called my TA who called Royal.  Royal told her we could move to the 4 person but it would be considerably more than the $345 difference.

Does that make sense?  If we upgrade to an OV I thought we could do it at the prevailing rate.  Wouldn't "upgrading" to a 4 person interior follow the same rules?

Thanks,

IC

It's possible that the inside guarantee is part of the weekly sale, and therefore that price is for new bookings only.  Check next week and if the price is the same and it's no longer part of the sale, then you should be able to get it at the posted price.

Here is a link with the current sale:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

14 minutes ago, InsideCruiser said:

We paid CA$2,134 for the 3 person.

There's a 4 person guarantee available for CA$2,479.

I don't understand why you cannot upgrade at the prevailing rate.  Perhaps one of our resident travel agents will see this and point out something I'm missing.

Yes, that's correct.  I don't believe our current room (* Stateroom has third Pullman bed available) can accommodate a 4th person.

Our current booking has US$75 OBC from a WOW sale.  So my expectation was that we would be charged CA$345 and lose the US$75 OBC.