Did you have top sheets on your bed?

vicnsue

It has been at least 15 years since our last Princess Cruise. I have heard a rumor that Princess is no longer making up beds with a top sheet. Has anyone experienced this? We have been sailing with Celebrity the past few years and thought about giving Princess another try, but are having second thoughts if this is true.

When you first met them, Just ask the steward to make up the bed with a top sheet. The only issue I ever had was years ago, when the steward made up the bed with a top sheet...on TOP of the duvet.

A quick word and it was fixed. I am still laughing about it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, vicnsue said:

It has been at least 15 years since our last Princess Cruise. I have heard a rumor that Princess is no longer making up beds with a top sheet. Has anyone experienced this? We have been sailing with Celebrity the past few years and thought about giving Princess another try, but are having second thoughts if this is true.

Yes, on the Royal Class ships, they do not put a top sheet on,  just the duvet.  This is way to hot for me to sleep under, so always ask for a top sheet to be added on top of the fitted sheet.  This was always done without any problem, except for one time. Steward did not seem to get the idea.  Finally, he did and all was well.

Sky booked in January 2020...YAY!!!

On 10/16/2019 at 1:22 PM, vicnsue said:

We cruised on the Pacific Princess in May and had top sheets, without needing to ask for them.  

On 10/16/2019 at 12:22 PM, vicnsue said:

No top sheet but just ask your steward.

We don't really like the duvet.  It is too heavy.  So we always ask the room steward to remove it and replace it with a top sheet and blanket.  Never has been a problem and replaced cheerfully.

• Like 1

I honestly cannot recall Princess ever not having a top sheet on their beds.

There was some trend a few years ago when the GFC hit hard and hotels were trying to cut costs they started doing away with top sheets claiming it was some "modern trend", however on going to hotels I would demand they put one on immediately if it was not there and would regard it as a failure to deliver the product and service I paid for if they could not provide one and demand a full refund. It always worked and I got the top sheet within minutes.

I think the trend quickly disappeared as I have never encountered a hotel since that does not do top sheets.

All cruise lines I have been with have provided them.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Hlitner said:

We have been told (which means it may not be true) that nearly all the cruise lines (including Princess) now use environmentally friendly fragrance free detergents and even natural products for dry cleaning.  DW is also very sensitive to fragrances and only uses fragrance-free detergents and soaps at home.  She has never had a problem with cruise ship laundries, linens or towels.  Hotels can sometimes be a problem but its something we just live with since it is not practical to be traveling all over the world hauling our own linens, towels, etc...not to mention doing our own laundry.

Hank 

The big problem is that the laundromat vending machines only have the dreadfully stinky All detergent. If you plan on washing clothes I recommend bringing your own detergent with you.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brisalta said:

The big problem is that the laundromat vending machines only have the dreadfully stinky All detergent. If you plan on washing clothes I recommend bringing your own detergent with you.

OMG!  Washing clothes.  We darn near never wash clothes when on a trip.  If we are on Princess, HAL or Celebrity we get free laundry and will happily let the ship do the work.  We pack "heavy" which also works to reduce laundry.   Princess laundry is a bit slow (sometimes 3 days) but that is not a big problem on long cruises.

Hank