Le petit chef

JColquhoun

Hello everyone,

I going on the Infinity for the Panama Crossing, Question, Could someone tell me if the Le Petit Chef dinner is the same every night? Its a 15 day cruise. Does Qsine offer other menus besides the Le Petit Chef for dinner?

Many thanks

JW

We were on the Eclipse and LPC was the only menu.  Since then they have added the 2nd menu & animation.  So 1/2 the cruise the original menu other half the new menu,   It is group” dining,  meaning 2 seatings, everyone is served the courses at the same time you can’t linger over a course and at the end dessert, Coffee and they were moving folks out.  
Meal was good, animation was cute but in our opinion overpriced. We prefer a more relaxed meal where we can wait a bit after the entree before moving on to dessert. The 

We have done LPC on the Infinity twice in one cruise and both were the original LPC (one at the beginning and one at the end). I did find this schedule which lists the Infinity as having both shows (some ships do one the first half of the cruise and the other the second half), so I would assume that on a 15 night cruise they would do both shows.

We had the lobster, bouillabaisse, filet mignon menu and it was so good we went back again just for the food.  There are few specialty restaurant choices on the Infinity (compared to S and E Class) and we are not Tuscan fans so went there twice - excellent service too. We will be back on the Infinity in March and will be headed there again (and will basically ignore the show). I have done the LPC and Friends twice on the Edge and prefer the LPC menu.

image.png.878c0dacd0eb533a190aa53a35bd2247.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, I understand that for our December cruise, Le Petit Chef will be in place on the Summit.  Although we never got good at ordering in Qsine (we simply ordered too much food, so many choices), we always had fun & enjoyed our meal.  As for the LPC experience,  we are looking forward to giving it a try... BUT, I am concerned that the lack of menu options will  keep the picky eaters in our family from enjoying the dinner.  Am I correct that there is the only the Le Petit Chef Menu and the "Other" menu...and that is it?   So, on the Summit, it will be Tuscan Grill, Sushi on 5 (we don't eat sushi) or LPC, and I am not sure we will all enjoy the menu choices.  I understand that the "show" is part of the experience, but food choices are important!  

On 10/17/2019 at 6:22 AM, vtcruising said:

We have done LPC on the Infinity twice in one cruise and both were the original LPC (one at the beginning and one at the end). I did find this schedule which lists the Infinity as having both shows (some ships do one the first half of the cruise and the other the second half), so I would assume that on a 15 night cruise they would do both shows.

We had the lobster, bouillabaisse, filet mignon menu and it was so good we went back again just for the food.  There are few specialty restaurant choices on the Infinity (compared to S and E Class) and we are not Tuscan fans so went there twice - excellent service too. We will be back on the Infinity in March and will be headed there again (and will basically ignore the show). I have done the LPC and Friends twice on the Edge and prefer the LPC menu.

image.png.878c0dacd0eb533a190aa53a35bd2247.png

The lobster and filet is the better of two menus.  We had a different menu on Edge and were disappointed

Edited by NMTraveller

16 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

The lobster and filet is the better of two menus.  We had a different menu on Edge and were disappointed

Agree, the LPC (original menu) is better than LPC and Friends, such as on the Edge (and part of the time on other ships), IMO. I like the original show better too. The thing that I did like on LPC and Friends menu was the Truffled Five Cheese Ravioli, though loved everything on the original LPC menu (lobster, fillet). I'm sure some love the LPC and Friends menu better. 🙂

6 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Agree, the LPC (original menu) is better than LPC and Friends, such as on the Edge (and part of the time on other ships), IMO. I like the original show better too. The thing that I did like on LPC and Friends menu was the Truffled Five Cheese Ravioli, though loved everything on the original LPC menu (lobster, fillet). I'm sure some love the LPC and Friends menu better. 🙂

And some like Mickey Ds better.  LOL.  The second menu is not fine dining.  It is bargain dining.

We did Le Petite Chef on the Edge in February.  They give you a menu for 3 or 4 courses and if you do not care for any of the courses there is another choice on the other side of the menu.  They do tell you that if you choose an alternate course it will not line up with the animation.  My husband did choose different courses and the animation did not match up but he did not seem to mind.

I would say the food was okay as the choices are few.  However, I did not enjoy that the animation went throughout the restaurant for all tables at the same time thereby needing to have everyone on the same course.  We were just two so it was not a problem but with more people at the table with conversation going on it would seem it might not work well.

I did do this in February so it might have changed.  I would not do again and especially at the price of $55.  Murano and Fine Cut are the best depending on what ship you are on.  Qsine, I thought, was much better then Le Petite Chef but totally different.

1 hour ago, dazey said:

We did Le Petite Chef on the Edge in February.  They give you a menu for 3 or 4 courses and if you do not care for any of the courses there is another choice on the other side of the menu.  They do tell you that if you choose an alternate course it will not line up with the animation.  My husband did choose different courses and the animation did not match up but he did not seem to mind.

I would say the food was okay as the choices are few.  However, I did not enjoy that the animation went throughout the restaurant for all tables at the same time thereby needing to have everyone on the same course.  We were just two so it was not a problem but with more people at the table with conversation going on it would seem it might not work well.

I did do this in February so it might have changed.  I would not do again and especially at the price of $55.  Murano and Fine Cut are the best depending on what ship you are on.  Qsine, I thought, was much better then Le Petite Chef but totally different.

This was also our experience on the Equinox last week.  For our seating, all servings were synchronized without any problems.