Jim_Iain – Edge Live Post – B2B – Greek Islands and West Bound TransAtlantic

Jim_Iain

10 minutes ago, calicakes said:

I love the rainbow walkway, does it mean what I think it means, or something else? 

To me it does but there is no indication that it had any significance.  

I loved the vibrant colors. 

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We were suppose to meet at 12:15 for our tour.   Luminea opened for lunch between 11:30-12:30.   We had them rush our lunch. 

at 11:45 they asked all passengers on any of the Blue Grotto tours to go to theater ASAP.  We rushed through lunch and proceeded to the theater. 

They informed us that all the Blue Grotto boat trips had been cancelled due to the weather.    They had a revised the tour and offered a full refund or a 30% discount.  As the main reason for our selection was the Blue Grotto, we cancelled.  

We will be doing Valletta on our own.  

I am so sorry to hear that your trip to the Blue Grotto was cancelled. I am so enjoying your trip report and was looking forward to your description of that excursion,a s that’s is what we have booked. I hope you enjoyed your day in Valletta anyways (off to read your description of your day).

• Like 1

Thanks for taking photos of officers on TV, Jim. It was funny because on the first Edge cruise I asked for a Spotlight and they said that they were minimizing using paper and wouldn’t have them on the Edge. It hadn’t been added to TV programming yet.

I very nicely asked the Front Desk Manager for a list for the Cruise Critic peeps following my live thread. She was very sweet and said she would print me a list and have it delivered.

I found my “Spotlight” on our bed that night (it’s the thought that counts 🙂). 

FC931091-854D-4E0A-AF79-F7E55B2F3BED.thumb.jpeg.36c0ad7e4e8104ac25f39226754c84a6.jpeg

Edited by vtcruising
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks for taking photos of officers on TV, Jim. It was funny because on the first Edge cruise I asked for a Spotlight and they said that they were minimizing using paper and wouldn’t have them on the Edge. It hadn’t been added to TV programming yet.

I very nicely asked the Front Desk Manager for a list for the Cruise Critic peeps following my live thread. She was very sweet and said she would print me a list and have it delivered.

I found my “Spotlight” on our bed that night (it’s the thought that counts 🙂). 

FC931091-854D-4E0A-AF79-F7E55B2F3BED.thumb.jpeg.36c0ad7e4e8104ac25f39226754c84a6.jpeg

Thanks for the tip.  We'll be requesting one for sure.. 

I was thinking  we had   a really lo tech IQ with having to hunt it down on our tv,   but Jim confirmed it was not just us!( dh was a Sr programmer so all my tech  frustrations get blamed on him!)

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING WHO THE OFFICERS ARE!  I'm really sorry that you had to jump through the hoops to make that happen though... seems pretty crazy to bury that information so deep in the TV menus.  So excited to follow along on your TA!

14 hours ago, CruiserMickey said:

I am so sorry to hear that your trip to the Blue Grotto was cancelled. I am so enjoying your trip report and was looking forward to your description of that excursion,a s that’s is what we have booked. I hope you enjoyed your day in Valletta anyways (off to read your description of your day).

We booked a trip for tomorrow from Naples to Capri so hopefully we will make it to Capri's Blue Grotto.   We are doing Capri Ship's Tour on our own.   I've never been there but I see there are lots of options to get to the Blue Grotto.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hcat said:

Jim..loved the last group of photos...esp the cats and the elderly people sign.  Your eye finds all the good stuff!

The cats were really cool.   While walking up to town along the steps in a park they had signs not to feed the cats except in their feeding dishes.    They had built about a dozen little cat houses for protection.   Something we have never seen before.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mufflogan said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING WHO THE OFFICERS ARE!  I'm really sorry that you had to jump through the hoops to make that happen though... seems pretty crazy to bury that information so deep in the TV menus.  So excited to follow along on your TA!

I agree.  I would also have thought they would have it included on the Phone App.  

Last night we had dinner in Luminea.   In addition to menu items they have been having a special off menu item.  Last night was Prime Rib and we both had it.  The cut was about 1 1/2 inches thick and delicious. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluwes said:

I noticed you walked up the hill in Valetta from the port into town. We decided on the easy option and took the lift 1 euro return up to the  Barrakka Gardens.

Yes we did walk.  It was a comfortable walk and we went to the Upper Barrakka Gardens.  

Beautiful city  

Been a real lazy day at sea.   

Captain Costas did a talk in the theater this morning which was really interesting. 

We were invited to a lunch with Captain Costas and his executive staff in Blu.  Was a very nice lunch.   I ate very lightly as tonight is Chic Night.  

5DDC8AE5-E1F2-4901-AE52-8A28060888EA.thumb.jpeg.69281af37d1de8c2b417286299b74222.jpeg

96839D08-7B0E-463F-B2D2-71211132894C.thumb.jpeg.0461cae29ef0c53e61c6b5538c082d4e.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I agree.  I would also have thought they would have it included on the Phone App.  

I forgot to ask  Jim  if he just received  that basic  list he posted,  or did it have the bios as well  ..those that  are given  horizonally on the tv  screen..

Maybe LLP does not care who's on board, but we do  as I pointed out in the  cruise critic Q  and A session

1 hour ago, hcat said:

I forgot to ask  Jim  if he just received  that basic  list he posted,  or did it have the bios as well  ..those that  are given  horizonally on the tv  screen..

Maybe LLP does not care who's on board, but we do  as I pointed out in the  cruise critic Q  and A session

On each person, if you select that person it gives a nice biographical summary.  

I agree with you.    Many of us have gotten to know staff and it is always nice to know if someone is aboard.   While never 100% accurate it is better than nothing.  

I sat next to Kimberly (HR Director) at lunch today.    She is such a nice person and always makes you feel comfortable.   She ends her contract when we reach FLL and then is flying back to France to the shipyard.   She is going to be opening Apex as HR Director. 

• Like 1