Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Jim_Iain

Jim_Iain – Edge Live Post – B2B – Greek Islands and West Bound TransAtlantic

Recommended Posts

The rains ended and we took off on foot.  Temps were very mild and made for a comfortable day. 
 

8F0B3649-D3B7-40A6-9EE4-6AA474343095.thumb.jpeg.207d195a4b21adb610b9e5e4ae48a055.jpeg

 

D9AA3595-E2D4-4FCF-88CC-9A52B5E6BCC2.thumb.jpeg.c258d35c702541f31fd821a24ac67b21.jpeg

 

FDB62A27-05D7-4A63-BAF9-20A67CB9B613.thumb.jpeg.56fdc82ff4479e1ee92e58895f2d231e.jpeg

 

E41EA9BD-5F14-4873-B7FD-6E768A03A239.thumb.jpeg.5a3ee3119fbe68b4b36433c985f0386a.jpeg

 

480B702C-6CDD-4E95-B327-6507AF071F9D.thumb.jpeg.abef72a5e97a069e220a6e9ddef5cc49.jpeg

 

98E215CD-3D04-486A-B85D-EBCE5F981E27.thumb.jpeg.b7254bcdf1c0d39692482933b98f38b6.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, calicakes said:

I love the rainbow walkway, does it mean what I think it means, or something else? 


To me it does but there is no indication that it had any significance.  
 

I loved the vibrant colors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received B2B instructions tonight.  We will probably skip the meeting tomorrow morning.  
 

Looks like we don’t even have to leave ship. 
 

C99BA9C3-3DDB-48A9-B53F-E8A471B340C4.thumb.jpeg.7cf629bf97593bf468b03af83e97461b.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry you missed the Blue Grotto, but then we wouldn't have had all those lovely pictures of Valletta.  We loved Valletta and like you, noticed quite a few cats.  I would love to go back some day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We were suppose to meet at 12:15 for our tour.   Luminea opened for lunch between 11:30-12:30.   We had them rush our lunch. 
 

at 11:45 they asked all passengers on any of the Blue Grotto tours to go to theater ASAP.  We rushed through lunch and proceeded to the theater. 
 

They informed us that all the Blue Grotto boat trips had been cancelled due to the weather.    They had a revised the tour and offered a full refund or a 30% discount.  As the main reason for our selection was the Blue Grotto, we cancelled.  
 

We will be doing Valletta on our own.  

 

 

I am so sorry to hear that your trip to the Blue Grotto was cancelled. I am so enjoying your trip report and was looking forward to your description of that excursion,a s that’s is what we have booked. I hope you enjoyed your day in Valletta anyways (off to read your description of your day).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for taking photos of officers on TV, Jim. It was funny because on the first Edge cruise I asked for a Spotlight and they said that they were minimizing using paper and wouldn’t have them on the Edge. It hadn’t been added to TV programming yet.

 

I very nicely asked the Front Desk Manager for a list for the Cruise Critic peeps following my live thread. She was very sweet and said she would print me a list and have it delivered.

 

I found my “Spotlight” on our bed that night (it’s the thought that counts 🙂). 

 

FC931091-854D-4E0A-AF79-F7E55B2F3BED.thumb.jpeg.36c0ad7e4e8104ac25f39226754c84a6.jpeg

 

 

Edited by vtcruising

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks for taking photos of officers on TV, Jim. It was funny because on the first Edge cruise I asked for a Spotlight and they said that they were minimizing using paper and wouldn’t have them on the Edge. It hadn’t been added to TV programming yet.

 

I very nicely asked the Front Desk Manager for a list for the Cruise Critic peeps following my live thread. She was very sweet and said she would print me a list and have it delivered.

 

I found my “Spotlight” on our bed that night (it’s the thought that counts 🙂). 

 

FC931091-854D-4E0A-AF79-F7E55B2F3BED.thumb.jpeg.36c0ad7e4e8104ac25f39226754c84a6.jpeg

 

 

Thanks for the tip.  We'll be requesting one for sure.. 

 

I was thinking  we had   a really lo tech IQ with having to hunt it down on our tv,   but Jim confirmed it was not just us!( dh was a Sr programmer so all my tech  frustrations get blamed on him!)

Edited by hcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim..loved the last group of photos...esp the cats and the elderly people sign.  Your eye finds all the good stuff!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING WHO THE OFFICERS ARE!  I'm really sorry that you had to jump through the hoops to make that happen though... seems pretty crazy to bury that information so deep in the TV menus.  So excited to follow along on your TA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, CruiserMickey said:

 

I am so sorry to hear that your trip to the Blue Grotto was cancelled. I am so enjoying your trip report and was looking forward to your description of that excursion,a s that’s is what we have booked. I hope you enjoyed your day in Valletta anyways (off to read your description of your day).

We booked a trip for tomorrow from Naples to Capri so hopefully we will make it to Capri's Blue Grotto.   We are doing Capri Ship's Tour on our own.   I've never been there but I see there are lots of options to get to the Blue Grotto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, hcat said:

Jim..loved the last group of photos...esp the cats and the elderly people sign.  Your eye finds all the good stuff!

 

The cats were really cool.   While walking up to town along the steps in a park they had signs not to feed the cats except in their feeding dishes.    They had built about a dozen little cat houses for protection.   Something we have never seen before.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mufflogan said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING WHO THE OFFICERS ARE!  I'm really sorry that you had to jump through the hoops to make that happen though... seems pretty crazy to bury that information so deep in the TV menus.  So excited to follow along on your TA!

I agree.  I would also have thought they would have it included on the Phone App.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night we had dinner in Luminea.   In addition to menu items they have been having a special off menu item.  Last night was Prime Rib and we both had it.  The cut was about 1 1/2 inches thick and delicious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At 10:00 am we are entering the Straits of Messina.  
 

BBB10E8C-4070-4240-9875-C52910E11F9D.thumb.jpeg.98432d680df75407713afb95b34f9a6f.jpeg

 

1D7291A8-3F82-4B3F-B70F-3274FB7A85EF.thumb.jpeg.77926a0585cdaf8f207405179b08f075.jpeg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed you walked up the hill in Valetta from the port into town. We decided on the easy option and took the lift 1 euro return up to the  Barrakka Gardens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bluwes said:

I noticed you walked up the hill in Valetta from the port into town. We decided on the easy option and took the lift 1 euro return up to the  Barrakka Gardens.


Yes we did walk.  It was a comfortable walk and we went to the Upper Barrakka Gardens.  
 

Beautiful city  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been a real lazy day at sea.   
 

Captain Costas did a talk in the theater this morning which was really interesting. 
 

We were invited to a lunch with Captain Costas and his executive staff in Blu.  Was a very nice lunch.   I ate very lightly as tonight is Chic Night.  
 

5DDC8AE5-E1F2-4901-AE52-8A28060888EA.thumb.jpeg.69281af37d1de8c2b417286299b74222.jpeg

 

96839D08-7B0E-463F-B2D2-71211132894C.thumb.jpeg.0461cae29ef0c53e61c6b5538c082d4e.jpeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best part of a B2B is when you leave your room and see these ugly things on everyone’s door and know you won’t be getting one for a couple more weeks.  
 

19CD5679-5D4C-4983-9792-2BFBF69A06D6.thumb.jpeg.9696b3a2a1efe879e925b616249b8314.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The best part of a B2B is when you leave your room and see these ugly things on everyone’s door and know you won’t be getting one for a couple more weeks.  
 

 

Lucky dog. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...