Jim_Iain – Edge Live Post – B2B – Greek Islands and West Bound TransAtlantic

Jim_Iain

On 11/11/2019 at 7:55 PM, vtcruising said:

I think I reluctantly paid $55 or $65 for my Edge t-shirt in December (either mine was a cheaper one or the price has gone up). It has bamboo fabric (that I never would have thought that I would like) and has turned out to be my favorite t-shirt. The fabric is wonderful in that it is somehow cool in hot weather and warm in cool weather. It has a lovely, silky feel and is very comfortable. I wear it when gardening on hot days - have worn it a lot and it still looks brand new. Worth every penny and I plan to get another one in a different color.  My hat is a favorite possession - got it for free, but had to take a trip to Medical to get it.😉  I like the Edge logo, but I don't feel as attached to the Apex name so may not buy any logo items on my Apex cruise.

image.thumb.png.40c70ac57e18e52ced1135975dbd8da6.png

image.thumb.png.10fb577ebbeea351e15d5cdd1a4068b4.png

This is the gift shop item I left behind .... a bargain at $55. 😉

image.png.8c0763a9fc8310b5e208230f1633454c.png

Bamboo fabric is supposed to be 3% cooler in the sun (so says Cariloha!!). I have bought a number of their T shirts over the years. I probably stopped a couple of years ago when I realised that i was paying close to $50 for something that lasts the same time as a RL Tshirt from the mal which is at least half the price!!

• Like 1

Just managed to catch up before your cruise finished. Missed the start of the post as we were on the MSC Preziosa in the YC when you were on the first cruise.

How do you feel the CS compares with those on the S Class? 

We are in one of the back SS in February for a week and move from the Edge to the Silhouette in a Revolutionised CS. Will be interesting to see the differences between the two ships

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The last day at sea is always sad.    Really look forward to sailing with you again.     I'm so addicted to blogging that I'm going to go through withdrawals when we get home.

Just start a new thread "Jim & Ian at Home Between Cruises"!!  :)  

Safe travels home!

Robin

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

Bamboo fabric is supposed to be 3% cooler in the sun (so says Cariloha!!). I have bought a number of their T shirts over the years. I probably stopped a couple of years ago when I realised that i was paying close to $50 for something that lasts the same time as a RL Tshirt from the mal which is at least half the price!!

I don't buy expensive cruise t-shirts (or really any cruise t-shirts since the 90's), so have no idea how long they usually last. I went on this very first Edge cruise with the idea that I would buy an Edge t-shirt. This was the cheapest one I could buy, and being a fabric I had never worn, I reluctantly bought it (and figured I would rarely wear it). It was a pleasant surprise that it fit so nicely, feels so silky and is comfortable in the heat so I wear it much more than tops for which I have paid much more.  I had no idea I would feel cooler in the heat when I bought it, but my guess is that mine is > 3% cooler or I wouldn't have noticed. I'll have to do some research to see, but it won't be tonight, as it will be 9 degrees here in VT.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I don't buy expensive cruise t-shirts (or really any cruise t-shirts since the 90's), so have no idea how long they usually last. I went on this very first Edge cruise with the idea that I would buy an Edge t-shirt. This was the cheapest one I could buy, and being a fabric I had never worn, I reluctantly bought it (and figured I would rarely wear it). It was a pleasant surprise that it fit so nicely, feels so silky and is comfortable in the heat so I wear it much more than tops for which I have paid much more.  I had no idea I would feel cooler in the heat when I bought it, but my guess is that mine is > 3% cooler or I wouldn't have noticed. I'll have to do some research to see, but it won't be tonight, as it will be 9 degrees here in VT.  🙂

Is the 9 degrees Fahrenheit? If so that beats our -1 Celsius.  

We try and buy very little on cruises other than on board credit as the shop pricing is rather expensive. I did, on one of our first Celebrity cruises, buy a couple of Nautica tops which were on sale at the time (it was also when we were getting $1.8 to £1 which made them even cheaper) and I still use them today.

12 hours ago, hcat said:

I will be perusing the books but have a few on my tablet just in case.

Glad ship is looking good..still not sure what time we'll head over. The notuxs said 12 30 due to the Coast Guard inspection

Had a nice flight down..it was pouring out.Luggage got soaked on the little trucks they use to bring it in....  After a nice lunch at Slackers, spent alot of time..hanging  and hair drying clothes.  Lots of plastic bags saved a worse mess...will repack in the morning

Thank you Jim for sharing  a great travel journey..safe travels home

Hope you are dried out.    Disembarkation going smoothly and no waiting or lines.   

Crew said the were on line at 4:30 and it took them around 2 1/2 hours 

They say that crew drills will start at 9:00 as soon as last passengers are off. 

I'm looking at Edge on the Port Everglades webcam...WOO HOO...she's here.

Thanks again Jim & Iain for an outstanding review...not sure it's possible to be any more excited about the upcoming adventure.

Safe travels home.

Susan

Edited by lola2013
  • Thanks 1

I also want to thank you for the great review, it's helped pass the time until our Reflection cruise at the end of this month. I'm ready to pack now, should be easy, I have my extra closet with cruise clothes in it, just have to decide how many for a 10 nt cruise. Thanks again.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Last Supper

They had a wonderful off menu Dover Sole Dinner last evening.   Perfectly prepared and deboned tableside. 

946A692B-561E-4676-ABA0-9CE692173789.thumb.jpeg.b23460fcd171b90d1d168dc5fe849edd.jpeg

228705AD-7C5E-4B31-9F0D-B8559C7DF4ED.thumb.jpeg.3073f691058f7c3d84c11c8e14db8b98.jpeg

2BE65F91-6AE3-497B-8CD6-9FCB5DF00BCC.thumb.jpeg.641427548bb27b187bddcbd096392197.jpeg

94CB0D0A-B643-4DAE-9B1D-4CBA37A0BEED.thumb.jpeg.5a034356101476d2de3da9260d1a5de9.jpeg

0B4803BF-363A-48C0-8869-DD0AF13CBA14.thumb.jpeg.65c2babfcdcb437ec17dc87ac320cbb8.jpeg

5232433C-6EC9-4048-9AEF-52DE68C4B978.thumb.jpeg.2cd8cf2d27dbca4fc44b5b03affee3c0.jpeg

Was the Dover Sole on the main menu. I didn't see it on the copy you posted.

I have been downloading the copy menus over the past couple of days. Many of the dishes seem the same as before. Is that correct.

Were the menus used in the same order on each of your cruises? 

7 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

Just managed to catch up before your cruise finished. Missed the start of the post as we were on the MSC Preziosa in the YC when you were on the first cruise.

How do you feel the CS compares with those on the S Class? 

We are in one of the back SS in February for a week and move from the Edge to the Silhouette in a Revolutionised CS. Will be interesting to see the differences between the two ships

The suite is very similar but lots more modern electronics.   

Luminae is much larger but with more waiters and staff it ran like clockwork.   The retreat lounge and sun deck are much nicer on R Class.   At the right price we would do again. 

29 minutes ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

Just back from a walk and it was a very balmy 8 degrees C. No gloves or scarf needed today!!

Wow.  That’s cold.   Sitting outside at FLL (we have a 1:50 flight) REALLY Humid and warm.