Booking Regent with a TA .

hammo

My advice is that booking direct with Regent the advertised price includes all port fees and taxes etc ?

We usually book with a US TA , time differences making a call problematic at the moment and email a wait and see , so was just thinking taxes must not be included in the price we have been given as its several hundred dollars cheaper than via the Regent website ? Anyone here book with a TA and then have taxes added to the price as opposed to booking direct ? Obviously we are new to Regent .

In our experience the taxes have always been included in the stated price.  We book through a US TA who is very generous to us while still collecting Regent’s required fare.  I know other cruise lines quote the price without govt taxes but I have never seen Regent do that.

I am sure others will chime in.  Good luck.

2 hours ago, hammo said:

My advice is that booking direct with Regent the advertised price includes all port fees and taxes etc ?

We usually book with a US TA , time differences making a call problematic at the moment and email a wait and see , so was just thinking taxes must not be included in the price we have been given as its several hundred dollars cheaper than via the Regent website ? Anyone here book with a TA and then have taxes added to the price as opposed to booking direct ? Obviously we are new to Regent .

Which country website are you on? The US site includes everything in the price, including port charges and taxes, and air fare. Other countries do not get air included so might be less expensive.

The Australian website includes port fees and taxes in the fare price but the airfare cost has been removed. The US site includes both air and taxes/ports fees but if one wants air removed from the fare then the price can be reduced accordingly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hammo said:

We usually book with a US TA 

I just booked via my US TA who has an Australian office through their Australian office last week as it was cheaper than booking via the US

While not the same level of rebate the net price incl all taxes and discounts was better through the Australian booking option - and Regent Australia were more aggressive in the pricing and deal they could offer via my TA

My advice is compare carefully to see which is better on a net basis taking into consideration the offer and exchange rate 

Edited by Stickman1990

We live in Switzerland but for years have used a TA in Texas.   And we are delighted that we do.  We decline the air arrangements and get a credit.  Same for pre-cruise hotel.

I just looked at the invoices for our March Splendor cruise -- invoices because I have one from Regent and one from our TA.  On neither are port fees etc listed separately.  Just one sum for the cruise.  And we are paid in full for that cruise and I had no "unpleasant surprises" when making the final payment...

6 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

We live in Switzerland but for years have used a TA in Texas.   And we are delighted that we do.  We decline the air arrangements and get a credit.  Same for pre-cruise hotel.

I just looked at the invoices for our March Splendor cruise -- invoices because I have one from Regent and one from our TA.  On neither are port fees etc listed separately.  Just one sum for the cruise.  And we are paid in full for that cruise and I had no "unpleasant surprises" when making the final payment...

Our invoices do not break out the price either, however, it doesn’t matter to us.  Some of the cruise lines - even ones that are all-inclusive - break down the taxes and port fees but Regent does not.

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2019 at 4:09 PM, hammo said:

The reason taxes and port charges are shown separately on the Regent invoice when the total price includes these charges as well as the air cost is that the commission Regent pays the TA's is based on the cruise only price and not the inclusive price shown on the website.  This way the TA is able to calculate their commission as the applicable percentage against the commissionable base.  Also many TA's rebate a portion of their commission so that rebate percentage is also based on the commissionable cost not including air or port fees/taxes.

So whether or not the port taxes/fees are shown or not, they are included  in the total price for the cruise and not broken out separately on the Regent website or other websites.