Cruise Critic Community
m3owbox

Royal Caribbean Website Pain

Hello all. I am currently having issues with the RCL website. I can no longer get into my booking to book anything. I am 200+ days from my cruise snd this has been lasting about a week. everyone else from my cruise fb isnt having troubles. What can I do about this?

22 minutes ago, m3owbox said:

What can I do about this?

Clear cache, try a different browser and/or device.

47 minutes ago, m3owbox said:

Hello all. I am currently having issues with the RCL website. I can no longer get into my booking to book anything. I am 200+ days from my cruise snd this has been lasting about a week. everyone else from my cruise fb isnt having troubles. What can I do about this?

Also try private browsing mode and clearing cookies.

15 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Clear cache, try a different browser and/or device.

I've tried three devices and three different browsers.

2 minutes ago, m3owbox said:

I've tried three devices and three different browsers.

Try calling Crown & Anchor if you are a member.  They can sometimes do some sort of reset to the booking that has helped some.

Just now, m3owbox said:

Just got it to work with private browser mode! finally! thanks!

Thanks for reporting back.  Might have been a cookie issue.

Almost every time I go to log in to the website, it says my password is incorrect and makes me change it.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

7 minutes ago, MrsB05 said:

Almost every time I go to log in to the website, it says my password is incorrect and makes me change it.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Have you tried the normal fixes: cleaing cache, clearing cookies, private browsing mode, different browsers?

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Have you tried the normal fixes: cleaing cache, clearing cookies, private browsing mode, different browsers?

A few of those but not all.  It just seems odd to me that it would do this, no other website I log on to does.

6 hours ago, MrsB05 said:

A few of those but not all.  It just seems odd to me that it would do this, no other website I log on to does.

I feel the same way.  I use no other website that is as poorly programmed as Royal's.

Ever since I booked my inside GTY for the June 14, 2020 Liberty of the Seas cruise, I have been checking prices daily looking for drops.  Today, I happened to click on into it and noticed something.  The price shows as $669 if they pick your room or $762 if you do.  I had just been clicking on the lower one (and sometimes the next screen shows a different rate than this one.)  This time, I went ahead and clicked on the option to pick a room just to see if I could get a ball park of how many rooms were available to be picked.  To my surprise, the $762 rate is for Inside Guarantee even though I had just selected the option to pick my own room and if I had chosen not to the price is almost $100 per person less.  The cheapeast rate to pick a room is $891 for a promenade interior.

So with all of this said, I have questions.  I know that Royal's website has issues.  Is this issue a common one?  Also, does this mean that all other inside rooms have been selected, so we may be lucky and get upgraded to a promenade view?  I know there is still a lot of time between now and June.  

Try clearing cache & cookies and try again.

You cannot reliably get the inventory picture from Royal's website.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Try clearing cache & cookies and try again.

You cannot reliably get the inventory picture from Royal's website.

I even tried a different browser and got the same results.  

32 minutes ago, KsucAts said:

Ever since I booked my inside GTY for the June 14, 2020 Liberty of the Seas cruise, I have been checking prices daily looking for drops.  Today, I happened to click on into it and noticed something.  The price shows as $669 if they pick your room or $762 if you do.  I had just been clicking on the lower one (and sometimes the next screen shows a different rate than this one.)  This time, I went ahead and clicked on the option to pick a room just to see if I could get a ball park of how many rooms were available to be picked.  To my surprise, the $762 rate is for Inside Guarantee even though I had just selected the option to pick my own room and if I had chosen not to the price is almost $100 per person less.  The cheapeast rate to pick a room is $891 for a promenade interior.

So with all of this said, I have questions.  I know that Royal's website has issues.  Is this issue a common one?  Also, does this mean that all other inside rooms have been selected, so we may be lucky and get upgraded to a promenade view?  I know there is still a lot of time between now and June.  

I can't 100% tell but it sounds like you're asking why there is a difference in price after you choose inside (and it shows you "we pick your room for $XX" or "you pick your room"). You selected "you pick your room" and again saw an option for a guarantee for $YY that was LESS than the prior page. Is that the case?

IF SO. That is actually not a bug. It's STUPIDLY laid out but it's Royal presenting you with different classes of GTY rooms. They have different blocks of rooms held back for GTY and pricing will vary slightly depending on the block (since there are so many different classifications of the same "type" of room).

With my upcoming cruise in Jan 2020. I booked a "balcony guarantee" that was simply the "we pick your room" option. That option was around $950 per person. If I went on the website and chose "you pick your room" there was a different option for a balcony guarantee that was around $930 per person. A SMALL difference, but it was there nonetheless. After going back and forth on hold with them for a bit, they got me switched to the cheaper one and explained that that was for a specific category of rooms within "balcony guarantee".

2 minutes ago, ryanbarckley said:

I can't 100% tell but it sounds like you're asking why there is a difference in price after you choose inside (and it shows you "we pick your room for $XX" or "you pick your room"). You selected "you pick your room" and again saw an option for a guarantee for $YY that was LESS than the prior page. Is that the case?

IF SO. That is actually not a bug. It's STUPIDLY laid out but it's Royal presenting you with different classes of GTY rooms. They have different blocks of rooms held back for GTY and pricing will vary slightly depending on the block (since there are so many different classifications of the same "type" of room).

With my upcoming cruise in Jan 2020. I booked a "balcony guarantee" that was simply the "we pick your room" option. That option was around $950 per person. If I went on the website and chose "you pick your room" there was a different option for a balcony guarantee that was around $930 per person. A SMALL difference, but it was there nonetheless. After going back and forth on hold with them for a bit, they got me switched to the cheaper one and explained that that was for a specific category of rooms within "balcony guarantee".

I know what I said was confusing.  It is actually more than the prior page. If you have a few minutes, try to book an inside room for 2 people on the June 14, 2020 Liberty of the Seas and you will see what I am saying.  

We are frequent cruisers with many lines, but without fail, RCL has the worst website. Why can they not get a person’s status and personal information right? Our last cruise on Royal was June 2018, which made us Diamond. When logging in more than a year later, it shows the last cruise, but still lists us as Emerald status. I have called them several times and they recommend refreshing my browser, telling me to try again in a few days, but nothing has changed! Our TA says when she looks at our C&A numbers it shows us as Diamond. No matter the computer we use, it’s the same.
Has anyone else had this issue and what was the resolution? 

1 hour ago, cruisinpips said:

We are frequent cruisers with many lines, but without fail, RCL has the worst website. Why can they not get a person’s status and personal information right? Our last cruise on Royal was June 2018, which made us Diamond. When logging in more than a year later, it shows the last cruise, but still lists us as Emerald status. I have called them several times and they recommend refreshing my browser, telling me to try again in a few days, but nothing has changed! Our TA says when she looks at our C&A numbers it shows us as Diamond. No matter the computer we use, it’s the same.
Has anyone else had this issue and what was the resolution? 

Try this

Go to settings

Delete your C&A number

Reenter your C&A number

Click save

This method has been know to refresh info in the past

50 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

Try this

Go to settings

Delete your C&A number

Reenter your C&A number

Click save

This method has been know to refresh info in the past

Thanks so much. That worked. After several calls and many tries nothing they suggested worked, but that did!! 

33 minutes ago, cruisinpips said:

Thanks so much. That worked. After several calls and many tries nothing they suggested worked, but that did!! 

Glad it worked out for you.

I called Royal yesterday cause their web site has all of the Ocean View Balconies on Odyssey of the Seas listed at 119 sq ft! That's the size of Majesty! I knew it couldn't be right. She assured me those rooms were 198 sq ft, but as someone who books myself through the web, I would never want to get stuck with a teeny room on a 9 nighter with 2 people. Now I will watch to see if they fix it

Edited by Jax129

On 10/16/2019 at 6:48 PM, m3owbox said:

That happens to me when I sign in and it won't work. The work around I figured out was -

Step 1 - go to Sign in page and enter email and password and then hit sign in

Step 2-  After 10 seconds or so of the page trying to load I click on 'create an account'' located under sign in

Step 3- scroll down and hit sign in and it works. 

Or some philanthropist paid off all of our cruises, because all of our booked show no payment due. I really don't want to call RCL to make payments over the phone, because every time I've done that I've had to replace my card within a month due to suspicious activity.

Knowing I still owe a balance, going to pay off the balance but seeing......THIS? I'll just go along with this.....I'm thinking this is typical of the site, maybe? How would you handle it?

Capture.PNG