Ports of call in the Caribbean- what to do?

April005

I mentioned Half Moon Bay in my last post about driving around Antigua.  Our first ever Caribbean holiday included a stay at the Half Moon Bay Hotel.  This hotel closed a few years later (it's the old familiar Fletcher affect) and I've visited the ruins of it during one of our drives.  However, I just looked it up and guess what, the old hotel (the subject of years-long legal wrangles) is now to be a Rosewood Resort - 

https://www.halfmoonbayantigua.com

And, yes, they drive on the left which of course means the right side of the road.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Lioncub said:

Thanks Baz-t for the tip for Shell beach. And to everyone above for their suggestions too. Very helpful. Just had an itinerary change yesterday. Sopers Hole is substituted for Great Harbour, Jost Van Dyke instead. Still the BVI’s at least! For me it is a good change as I was considering a tour to White Bay anyway. Now I can spend the money instead at the famous Soggy Dollar Bar! My only sadness is that I will approach from landside and not wade ashore, hence the ‘soggy dollar’. That is unless I cheat and get into the sea and swim up to the bar!!

Thanks Isklaar in advance of any help, from hard drive or “little grey cells” (to quote a famous Belgian detective!).

Anyone done the ships tour in St. John’s Antigua called Reef Snorkel and Beach? Seems ok value (all relative of course!) but from my last memory of St. John’s is of tens of these catamarans departing the pier. It did seem decidedly touristy. Anyone have a better suggestion? Either for a beach day or boat trip?

FWIW, we are on this same cruise in March and we are signed up for the Fort James segway tour.  I understand that after touring the fort the excursion stops for some beach time and refreshments.