Upsell offer ocean view to balcony for $99???

tabprincess

Check out which balconies are available and be ready to TELL the rep or request in the email (depending on what the offer said to do) which balcony you'll accept.

We had an upsell once and rep offered us a standard balcony mid-ship. I'd already checked out what was showing as empty and requested the aft premium balcony that was open. Got it!! That balcony was currently selling for $10K (it was a long cruise) and we'd paid 2K+ for an inside. The increase to us was less than $500. Happy dance!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, voljeep said:

there are some cray, cray website prices for the Crown in the Caribbean if you can leave within the next month or so

$600 for 10 nights ?!?! ... sure it's an inside, but ...

Nothing will beat the prices we had on the Crown following the hurricanes of 2017. Insides for less than $200 for 8 days. Mini suites for $400-500.

we had a little 5 day on the crown, refared 5 days before sailing - $199 pp for a balcony, grats included ...

Note: this was a "replacement" cruise that we booked after we weren't part of the "chosen ones" to have the OM on the rollout on the Regal ...

We we offered an upsell several years ago on Grand Princess in Alaska.  We had an obstructed OV booked, not a guarantee, and were offered a balcony for $99 pp or a window suite for $200 pp.  We went with the balcony because it was June and we thought we would like being outside that time of the year.  We were able to select our cabin and got one on Caribe right where we wanted.

Congrats on the balcony.

Edited by mek

Congrats on the upsell offer.  $99 per person sounds great.  We just received an upsell offer from a Club Class mini on the Royal Princess to a Penthouse suite for $499 per person for a 7 day cruise.  I'm tempted to accept as we're celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary.   I'm waiting for the upsell fairy to return my call tomorrow so I find out what's available.       

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

For the future...You can call Princess direct. Your TA just needs to give you the offer information (phone #, code).

Thanks, I'll remember that, but I'm not holding my breath for another upsell anytime soon. This was the first one I ever received after 44 cruises! I think we got it because my sister has only sailed once before?

4 hours ago, jasbo49 said:

Looks like a great cabin to me. I don't know whether you're pool people, but you're just steps from the adults only Terrace Pool.

And I'd call $99 each for 10 days a real steal of an upsell.

Jim

We are definitely pool people and I love being outside in the sun, so yes, it does look like a great location!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tabprincess said:

Thanks, I'll remember that, but I'm not holding my breath for another upsell anytime soon. This was the first one I ever received after 44 cruises! I think we got it because my sister has only sailed once before?

You received the offer because Princess wanted your original cabin to resell.

The offer was made to a number of people and the first ones to respond will be able to take advantage of the offer.