Restaurants/bars in St. Lawrence Gap

ssawjo

Looking for recommendations for fun restaurants/bars in St. Lawrence Gap area in early March 2020.  We are staying at a hotel a few minutes walk from there.  Doesn't need to be fancy but looking for good food and a fun atmosphere.

Thanks,

Bill

20 hours ago, ssawjo said:

Looking for recommendations for fun restaurants/bars in St. Lawrence Gap area in early March 2020.  We are staying at a hotel a few minutes walk from there.  Doesn't need to be fancy but looking for good food and a fun atmosphere.

Thanks,

Bill

Not knowing your tastes, then would suggest "Harlequin" as it is nice  place with varied menus for every palate.  Best to book early to secure a front row seaview table.  Good wine list at various price points.  Delicious food.  Beer is served very cold.  When dining just select your actual table (point) for further bookings.

On 10/18/2019 at 9:07 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

Not knowing your tastes, then would suggest "Harlequin" as it is nice  place with varied menus for every palate.  Best to book early to secure a front row seaview table.  Good wine list at various price points.  Delicious food.  Beer is served very cold.  When dining just select your actual table (point) for further bookings.

We’ve been told about a restaurant by the name of Champers. Do you know anything g about it?

5 hours ago, Ski Mom 2 said:

We’ve been told about a restaurant by the name of Champers. Do you know anything g about it?

Yes, it's excellent.  Consider it to be close to fine Dining.  Again, book early for front Sea view.  Did not recommended Chamoers, as the brief was nothing fancy on the East Coast, and some may consider Champers "fancy".  But one always feels "comfortable" dining there, if you know what I mean.  My BIL loves the place.

Thank you for your responses.  I probably should have added that there will be four of us, my DS and GF, and me and the DW.   DS and GF love seafood, which apparently there is not a lack of, and late nights.  DW and I enjoy nice dining and early evenings.  However, thinking of going to Oistens (?) fish fry on Friday night.  Looks like fun.  

Bill

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ssawjo said:

Thank you for your responses.  I probably should have added that there will be four of us, my DS and GF, and me and the DW.   DS and GF love seafood, which apparently there is not a lack of, and late nights.  DW and I enjoy nice dining and early evenings.  However, thinking of going to Oistens (?) fish fry on Friday night.  Looks like fun.  

Bill

Most outlets are a bit hit or miss.  But Uncle George's has less misses.

Have fun but consider this advice.

No bling

No credit cards

No expensive cameras

Comforable shoes

Drink bottle beer.

Decline Rum punches as potential for short measures on the rum.

Go early to bag a table.

Be prepared for slow service, and just enjoy the ambience

Take a cheap disposable plastic poncho, as it may rain.