Laser Tag on NCL Encore and Bliss

SeaWatcher65

Laser Tag - any feedback about the daily and weekly passes?   This is expensive at $10 for a 10 minute session.  And $200 per person for a weekly pass (recently doubled in price?). I read that you have to reserve sessions.   So, if getting the weekly pass, do you have to reserve all your sessions on day 1 of the cruise before it is full? How often did teenagers do this?  Once or twice then bored or will they want to do it multiple times?  Other suggestions?  Thanks!

We did it with our 10 and 12 year olds on the Bliss. I swear it was longer than 10 minutes. We had fun but nobody, even the kids, would be interested after a couple of times and we would not pay for the passes. The Encore laser tag will be much larger and maybe more to keep the interest there to want to play more than a couple games. You have to reserve sessions but I’m guessing you could walk up as well. A lot depends on how many kids are on board and how busy it is. Remember, if it rains they will cancel sessions, maybe even multiple, until the course dries out and you can gain traction without slipping. Do as you wish though of course. 

Personally, I would just pay per game and I also feel it was much longer than 10 minutes.  I believe we had two rounds and we were quite exhausted by the end.  There was lots of running around during the game and we had a great time.  Actually Pam and I were the #1 and #2 scorers for our team for both rounds.  

We were on the Bliss Alaska Inaugural cruise so all of the onboard attractions were booked up quite early and we still had no issues getting a reservation.  

The staff teamed us up with several other passengers and there was a large family on the opposing team.  

IMG_6367.thumb.jpg.a7cc7e65e2e9a56490b60d77b9641e92.jpg

IMG_4476.thumb.jpg.e578516738d2a2560744bc49350cd3ac.jpg

IMG_4400.thumb.jpeg.2818adc39a73d157ee6ccd5fe40c28bf.jpeg

5 hours ago, CookieShip said:

How does it compare to land based laser tag? It sure seems like a pricey extra on top of a cruise.

That depends on where you’re playing on land and the arena setup so I don’t think anyone can make a fair comparison. Put it this way, it’s fun and your on a cruise so ..... Couple times is usually enough.

The LaserTag was a pleasant surprise that I liked better than the GoKarts. I crashed on the Karts and found it too hard to navigate with the amount of kids on the track.

Laser Tag...I could see it being played twice but no weekly pass necessary. It exceeded my expectations and the whole process took 30-60 minutes.

6 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

That depends on where you’re playing on land and the arena setup so I don’t think anyone can make a fair comparison. Put it this way, it’s fun and your on a cruise so ..... Couple times is usually enough.

That is fair, the times I've played on land the environments has have indoors and somewhat dim. It sounds like these are outdoors with natural light and potential wetness? Some of the land based ones have even been on two levels (with ramps).

Guess I'm turned off by the $10/game since that would get you much more play on land. Most of the places offer specials for several hours of play for that price.

I suppose I'll give it a try the next time I'm on a ship with the option. 

1 minute ago, CookieShip said:

That is fair, the times I've played on land the environments has have indoors and somewhat dim. It sounds like these are outdoors with natural light and potential wetness? Some of the land based ones have even been on two levels (with ramps).

Guess I'm turned off by the $10/game since that would get you much more play on land. Most of the places offer specials for several hours of play for that price.

I suppose I'll give it a try the next time I'm on a ship with the option. 

We only played at night (only would) so the lighting was cool with black lights and neon. Plenty of ramps and barricades and structures to hide behind. It is essentially indoors just without a roof. I would only play at night as we did on the Bliss .The lighting makes it fun while dark inside. 

We really enjoyed the laser tag last year it lasted more than 10 mins more like 20 mins.  I can see its now $9.95 for 10 mins playtime.We booked it as soon as we boarded for Day 2 and tried to book another session later on in the cruise but it was fully booked.( we would of happily played again)

It sounds like the price has gone up in accordance with demand. I would guess it would depend on how many sea days as to how many times you would want to do it use it. The weekly pass might be worth it if you don’t  need to book In advance and just turn up I could see teenagers using it a lot then.

I read the passes sell out quickly like vibe passes so must be limited to so many per week.