Freedom of the Seas theme night? Anyone know what the theme is?

18 minutes ago, Taishartrueblood said:

Good evening, thanks as always! Anyone know what the theme for Freedom of the Seas departing 10/21 will be? South Caribbean.

Thanks!

What do you mean by "theme"?

I read that Royal Caribbean ships have theme nights where guests dress up and maybe the food/settings/entertainment is themed as well:

Theme nights are offered onboard Royal Caribbean Cruises of four nights or longer. Because these events vary by ship and itinerary, dates and times will not be available until you board the ship and this can be found in the Cruise Compass. Some common themes we may offer include Black and White Night, 50's/60's/70's/80's, Country Western, Masquerade Ball, Toga Parties.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/faq/questions/What-will-the-theme-nights-be

Also Clarea.. do you work for Cruise Critic? You are so helpful and know so much I am always amazed. You are like the Cruise fairy that floats around and dispenses knowledge! :P

11 hours ago, Taishartrueblood said:

I read that Royal Caribbean ships have theme nights where guests dress up and maybe the food/settings/entertainment is themed as well:

Theme nights are offered onboard Royal Caribbean Cruises of four nights or longer. Because these events vary by ship and itinerary, dates and times will not be available until you board the ship and this can be found in the Cruise Compass. Some common themes we may offer include Black and White Night, 50's/60's/70's/80's, Country Western, Masquerade Ball, Toga Parties.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/faq/questions/What-will-the-theme-nights-be

Also Clarea.. do you work for Cruise Critic? You are so helpful and know so much I am always amazed. You are like the Cruise fairy that floats around and dispenses knowledge! 😛

Royal does have theme nights, but the problem is that they do not disclose any of the themes nor show any type of schedule pre-cruise, so you only find out once you are onboard.    I do read about white night most often.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, styxfire said:

It is illogical to not announce in advance ... so that people could actually bring costumes for the themes.  Makes no sense to withhold that info from people you want to participate!

It's not a matter of witholding, it's a matter of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.