Cruise Critic Community
Please look for and post on existing COVID-19 threads before posting a new one.
coolio111

Post cruise Fort Lauderdale

Please recommend some places to stay post cruise in Fort Lauderdale, I will be there for 2 nights. Not sure which areas to look to stay. Cruise will be from Miami, so will need to figure out transport from port of Miami to Fort Lauderdale hotel.

Don't really have anything planned to see, please give your suggestions.

Thanks

If you want a hotel with a great pool, the Hilton Marina I thin has the best.  This hotel has the water taxi stop right there, restaurants within walking distance.  It’s been a while since i have stayed here, but hear the tower rooms are better than the lanai rooms.

UberX from POM to most FLL area hotels will run about $35-40

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel and tourist info.  Dates and budget and some info on who is travelling (family? honeymoon?) will help the suggestions to be closer to your target.

Will be in Fort Lauderdale near the last week of February, will be there with 2 adults 2 kids. Don't really need a good pool, just a nice clean hotel close to restaurants. Maybe on the beach would be nice.

In terms of UberX from POM, I have read on the boards that a lot of times the Uber drivers are not able to find the passengers at the Port because of the number of people around.

Is parking in Fort Lauderdale like Miami, expensive and hotels charge for parking?

I have stayed while in FLL at Best Western Oceanside since 2015.  No shuttle from/to airport or Port Everglades, Taxi under $30 from airport to hotel and under $15 to Port Everglades, Uber is cheaper.  You are 100 yards from the ocean, hot breakfast, bar with food, washer/dryer $, rental bikes $, Sun Trolley and regular bus outside the door, water taxi within walking distance, restaurant next door, parking $, friendly staff. We take the Sun Trolley along the beach road to different restaurants.

Edited by phabric

1 hour ago, coolio111 said:

Will be in Fort Lauderdale near the last week of February, will be there with 2 adults 2 kids. Don't really need a good pool, just a nice clean hotel close to restaurants. Maybe on the beach would be nice.

In terms of UberX from POM, I have read on the boards that a lot of times the Uber drivers are not able to find the passengers at the Port because of the number of people around.

Is parking in Fort Lauderdale like Miami, expensive and hotels charge for parking?

For 4 plus bags, especially if anyone in your group packs like my wife, you will need UberXL which will be about the same fare as a taxi van - $70-75+

The closer your hotel is to the beach, the more likely you will pay for parking.

Most hotels on or near the beach will charge for parking,$$$. Another option would be just near the beach on 17th. Street like the Hyatt Place 17th. st. convention center. It is very nice, clean, friendly staff, lots of food within 2-3 block walk. If you want to go to the beach there is the Sun Trolly that only cost $1 p.p. each way and is a very short ride. We love this hotel and have been to almost all of them along the 17th. street area in the past 10 years.

I am doing a similar thing as the OP in December, I'm staying at BW Ocenside+ after a cruise that ends in Miami ... never stayed there before, but (like the opinion of a poster previously), have heard good things about it's location & convenience.  I haven't finalized transportation yet from POM to Fort Lauderdale hotel, but I'm looking at MetroShuttle ($30pp in a shared van).  I know from past experience a cab will cost about $75 ... I've never used Uber, don't know if I want to make POM post-cruise chaos my first venture into that.  Hope this helps!

On 10/18/2019 at 8:34 AM, nhraformula00 said:

Most hotels on or near the beach will charge for parking,$$$. Another option would be just near the beach on 17th. Street like the Hyatt Place 17th. st. convention center. It is very nice, clean, friendly staff, lots of food within 2-3 block walk. If you want to go to the beach there is the Sun Trolly that only cost $1 p.p. each way and is a very short ride. We love this hotel and have been to almost all of them along the 17th. street area in the past 10 years.

We were at Hyatt Place post cruise from Oct 20th-23rd. We rented a car...parking at the Hyatt was $10.00 per night.