St. Lucia and Shore Excursions Group

Lauren1251

Hello all! I will be cruising with Carnival Cruise Line in October 2020.  I have been on about 5 Carnival cruises so far but have never been to St. Lucia before.  I love any type of excursions.  Whether its through the cruise line or through a different company. I need some excursion recommendations for St. Lucia specifically.  I can't seem to find anything that seems unique or fun.  I came across the website "Shore Excursion Groups" I've never booked through them though.  Does anyone have any experience with the group or have any good recommendations for St. Lucia?  Free or pricey, does not matter just looking for something to make my honeymoon special.

If you are interested in an all inclusive resort day pass, you may want to consider Bay Gardens Beach Resort & Spa.  The package includes round trip transportation between the dock and the resort, along with lunch, a drink package, massage, and beach access with chairs and umbrellas.  We did this on our last cruise there and were very satisfied with it and will go back again.  Would definitely recommend it.   You book directly with them.  Here is their link with info on the day pass if you are interested.

https://www.baygardensresorts.com/locals/resort-playpass

Have you already checked out the Ports of Call board for St Lucia? Lots of threads on excursions there.  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/138-st-lucia/

Or you could check your Roll Call to see what your fellow cruisers have planned for that port.

We've done full day tours with both Spenser Ambrose and Cosol Tours and enjoyed them.

Edited by Host Kat
Thread moved to the correct forum.

15 hours ago, Lauren1251 said:

Hello all! I will be cruising with Carnival Cruise Line in October 2020.  I have been on about 5 Carnival cruises so far but have never been to St. Lucia before.  I love any type of excursions.  Whether its through the cruise line or through a different company. I need some excursion recommendations for St. Lucia specifically.  I can't seem to find anything that seems unique or fun.  I came across the website "Shore Excursion Groups" I've never booked through them though.  Does anyone have any experience with the group or have any good recommendations for St. Lucia?  Free or pricey, does not matter just looking for something to make my honeymoon special.

Activity suggestions:

Volcano and mud bath

Hiking (anywhere from easy short to strenuous longer)

Snorkelling

Horseback riding

ATV

Zip line

Aerial tram

Segway tour

Pigeon island ruins and hike

Plantation tour

Botanical Gardens

Waterfall swims

Mountain biking

Round the island drive/view stops

Beach

Splash Park

Whale watching

Mineral baths

Bar hop

Rum distillery

Catamaran sail

And so on.  Pretty much anything you can think of really.  

It's the Pitons and volcano that set St Lucia apart, so a trio that goes down to Soufriere is highly recommended 

15 hours ago, Lauren1251 said:

For a first time visit I recommend doing a Land and sea tour, it covers the most scenic part of the island giving a little bit of everything. Usual visits to Marigot bay, banana plantation, driving through fishing villages, mudbaths/volcanos, local lunch, waterfall, snorkeling etc. You can book through a third party but why do that, I suggest going straight to the source. There are a number of companies who offer similar options , it's just finding out what will interests you. Some will customize your experience for your. look to Serenitytvl, Cosol, Spencer, Barefoot Holidays etc. Good luck and congratulations.