Refunds when using multiple credit/gift cards

DojoMojo

I made some changes to our booking that resulted in part of the payment needing to get refunded back to us.  I had used a combination of multiple credit cards and gift cards to make the original payments over several months - and the refund amount was more than the charge on any single card.  So I was curious to see which card(s) would get refunded.

What the Princess rep said their policy was: they would refund the last (most recent) credit/gift card for up to the amount paid with that card, and then work their way backwards through each credit/gift card (for up to the amount originally paid with that card), till the total refund amount was met.

What actually happened was: they refunded the last credit card for the amount paid with that card, then skipped all the gift cards, and refunded the earlier credit card till the total refund amount was met.  I actually prefer this, since it means I don't have to carry around the gift card to add to my onboard folio on the cruise!

They said it'd take up to 15 business days for the refund to get processed, and they were right - it took them 10 business days.

Just wanted to share in case anyone else runs into this situation!

• Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, Sweet Dreams said:

I've just learned about the availability of princess gift cards in grocery stores. In my area Kroger. Can I use those gift cards on board or are they only to be used for payment for bookings ? Anyone know? Looking for Christmas gift ideas. Thank you

You can use them on board if you'd like. One thing to remember is that if there is any money that you put into your on-board account from a gift card is left over it will be returned to that gift card at the end of the cruise so do not throw that card away or the money that is returned to that card will be lost forever. Keep the card until you're sure that the funds have been all spent!

Tom

Edited by Pierlesscruisers
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

You can use them on board if you'd like. One thing to remember is that if there is any money that you put into your on-board account from a gift card is left over it will be returned to that gift card at the end of the cruise so do not throw that card away or the money that is returned to that card will be lost forever. Keep the card until you're sure that the funds have been all spent!

Any remaining refundable OBC at the end of the cruise is usually returned to the passenger in the form of a check several weeks after the cruise. If the amount is under $25, you can get the refund in cash at the Customer Service desk before you leave the ship.

7 hours ago, caribill said:

If the amount is under $25, you can get the refund in cash

"can" or "have to" get the cash ... we didn't get a check for our $ 4 something we had left on our account ... and it was refundable credit

6 hours ago, voljeep said:

"can" or "have to" get the cash ... we didn't get a check for our $ 4 something we had left on our account ... and it was refundable credit

I think they have a rule that if the refund is under $xx, then they will not mail you a check. I forget what the xx amount is, but it might be $5 or $10.