Meraviglia New York-Canada-Miami Oct/Nov '19

Beamafar

I was going to title this thread 'Meraviglia YIN vs Seaview YIN' but, as some of you may know, I didn't get to experience much on Seaview, so it wouldn't be much of a comparison.   However, I will probably end up comparing aspects of the 2 ships, including what being in YC insides on both is like.

Anyone on this sailing who wishes to chip in here is very welcome to do so as there will be many aspects that I probably won't cover, including non-YC elements such as MDR food/service, etc.  Others' observations and opinions may add balance, too.

For those of you with high expectations of this review, I'd lower them if I were you.  My "reviews" tend to wander off-topic quite a bit ... you've been warned!

I received some requests beforehand for specific info which I will do my very best to provide.   However, if anyone asks for anything during the cruise, I will try to oblige, but I may not post it immediately  - especially if your sailing date isn't the 28th Oct.   I'm taking into consideration that those on that one won't have any other opportunity to ask anyone on a later sailing lol.

We are with company on this Canada leg, so time on here may be curtailed.  I will hit the 'Like' button on all posts to acknowledge that I've read them, rather than respond individually, as I just won't have the time.  We have plans for most of the ports and sea days will probably be rest days lol

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm hoping this cruise is 1000 x's better than the last one. 

You guys have lots of food/drinks/laughs to make up for the last one.

I hope you don't have time to answer too many questions, because that would mean you 

guys are too busy having fun.

But would love to read any review you have time to tell us...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

We're not heading to the port 'til early afternoon.  Slept in this morning after a rough night in Hell's Kitchen so we're having a very late, leisurely breakfast.  😉

Be interested to see if minibar is still stocked with miniatures and is free for YC- just read on Facebook someone on Bellissima has been told today no more miniatures , you get one free bottle now and one free snacks , then it’s chargeable. I can’t keep up with all the changes lol. 

Happy to have found you!  We will be on Meraviglia for Christmas 🙂 Can’t wait to hear all about it!  (Although we will be in a “lowly” Fantasy balcony...but at least an AFT view!)  

Enjoy your voyage! ❤️

• Thanks 1

Hope you are having a fantastic time.  Have a question - are they showing the Rugby World Cup onboard?  Obviously it is playing super early in the morning - so really hoping one of the TV stations in the cabins is showing it.  (we are on the 28th October sailing - and while its a little soon yet to think that Wales MIGHT get through to the final, I'd like to make sure we have a plan in place just in case they do)

Many thanks

Jane