Windstar tour prices generally are way out of line

Spanky My

On our upcoming cruise panama /costa rica , prices are sometimes double what an independent tour company charges.   While it is always a slight risk getting other tours , due diligence should prevail . We really like windstar but Seldom take any of their overpriced tours.

Do your homework folks...Better prices and deals are out there .

• 5 weeks later...

Spanky: *All* cruise ship excursions are more expensive than independent ones. Basically, they add on percentage for booking them. Many people are willing to pay the extra money because they don't want to chance getting left behind for some reason or another.  Just another way for the cruise lines to make some $$$.

losecruiser.. I have some thoughts on independent tours but was not sure if I can post it here or have to go to the panama posting area.

As to 02B@Cagin yes you are correct  $$$ . We always make sure we book tours early enough that if something happens we can get back to the ship .

38 minutes ago, Spanky My said:

losecruiser.. I have some thoughts on independent tours but was not sure if I can post it here or have to go to the panama posting area.

As to 02B@Cagin yes you are correct  $$$ . We always make sure we book tours early enough that if something happens we can get back to the ship .

Ah, you are in the "Panama posting area". If you are researching Panama tours, this is a good place...there are some vendors discussed here frequently...just look down the board. There are ports boards for other countries you may be stopping in as well.

If you are trying to arrange private tours with people on your cruise, per board rules, that is done on the Roll Call boards. Here are the Windstar Roll Calls:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/478-windstar-roll-calls/

Lots and lots of people think cruise line tours are expensive and not particularly time (or money) efficient. So researching independent tours, or even just touring on your own is discussed all over the ports boards every day.