Celebrity Classic Beverage Package Now + $14 USD per person per Day Even as a Perk?

bamelin

Anyone heard about this?   The Classic Beverage package is now going to have an add on charge of $14 USD per person per day -- that's even if you have picked it as one of your "Free" perks.  The rest of the perks will remain free.

Edited by bamelin

8 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

There has been a huge thread about this already, so yes, we have heard the news....

Thanks.  I did a quick search and didn't see the thread.  I'll look again, wanted to see how everyone felt about this.  I'm really bummed out they are going the Norwegian route.

23 minutes ago, bamelin said:

Thanks.  I did a quick search and didn't see the thread.  I'll look again, wanted to see how everyone felt about this.  I'm really bummed out they are going the Norwegian route.

If you opt for a perk that includes drinks package, the up front cost of the cruise will cost an extra charge which is equivalent to $14 pppd. 

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Beverage_Pkg_Perk_Price_Increase-Field-Trade_One_Pager.pdf

49 minutes ago, bamelin said:

Anyone heard about this?   The Classic Beverage package is now going to have an add on charge of $14 USD per person per day -- that's even if you have picked it as one of your "Free" perks.  The rest of the perks will remain free.

No, you do not pay the $14 USD per person increase in cruise fare if you buy the Classic Beverage Package at the old price.

You  only pay more if the Drink Package is part of your perk selection.

Do you know, I don’t quite see why people get so excited about this. “Free” perk or whatever you want to call it, you don’t get anything for free!! The cost will have been factored into the cruise fare. At least with this addition they are being more transparent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1