New suite experiences survey

Werangels

The email said it wanted to learn from guests experiences and identify what amenities suite guests most wanted to see.  I clicked on the link and it asked age range as first question then which suite you stayed in and the next screen said thank you and closed the survey?  Is there a problem with the loading of this?

Looks like someone did not fully test it before launching it - I got country, age, had I cruised recently and once I put the room in out I was thrown.  If I was filtered out because of my responses fine, but you should have an appropriate end page.  A very badly designed survey which as they are using survey monkey shouldn't happen as it is really easy to use and test before launching. 

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Looks like someone did not fully test it before launching it - I got country, age, had I cruised recently and once I put the room in out I was thrown.  If I was filtered out because of my responses fine, but you should have an appropriate end page.  A very badly designed survey which as they are using survey monkey shouldn't happen as it is really easy to use and test before launching. 

Agree.  We use it for work surveys.

I got all the way through.  Since our last Azamara cruise had a (paid) upgrade to CW, that's the level I checked.  Apparently they only want to know what people who book the top suites want added as amenities – and some of them were pretty frightening, in the sense of Azamara adding a real class system.  I had to choose 3 new amenities from a dozen or so.  Luggage service from home, transfers to ship, upgraded drinks package – all OK but will mean the prices of CO and CW go even higher.  But things like reserved seating areas throughout the ship – NO, NO, NO !!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I got all the way through.  Since our last Azamara cruise had a (paid) upgrade to CW, that's the level I checked.  Apparently they only want to know what people who book the top suites want added as amenities – and some of them were pretty frightening, in the sense of Azamara adding a real class system.  I had to choose 3 new amenities from a dozen or so.  Luggage service from home, transfers to ship, upgraded drinks package – all OK but will mean the prices of CO and CW go even higher.  But things like reserved seating areas throughout the ship – NO, NO, NO !!!

I would like to say that one of the ‘key’ reasons we booked Azamara was because of the lack of segregation..... 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Meanwhile those who are truly loyal and would appreciate those things and who have paid much more in total for their accommodations are forgotten.  Short term seems to be the way of it with Azamara and it’s a real shame.  But I know the drill. 

Phil

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Werangels said:

The email said it wanted to learn from guests experiences and identify what amenities suite guests most wanted to see.  I clicked on the link and it asked age range as first question then which suite you stayed in and the next screen said thank you and closed the survey?  Is there a problem with the loading of this?

As soon as it got to what cabin type did we stayed in, it  finished  the survey!

I suppose it’s really geared to people who have stayed in a suite rather than an ordinary verandah cabin. 

7 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Yes, well  as soon as they do that we will  be looking elsewhere. Maybe they really need to look at the dress code of some people in the dining rooms including Prime C and Aqualina 

Also in MDR, the dress code is getting way too “casual”. 

So how on such a small ship do they do reserved seating. 

Only people in suites can use the pool seating area, can only use  prime c or aquilina??  They block off an area of the MDR for suite passengers only. 

While everyone else, who enjoy Azamara because of their “family” feel have to  become second class passengers on not so luxury ships!!!!

Azamara are certainly losing the plot if this is really their plan😡

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Werangels said:

I would like to say that one of the ‘key’ reasons we booked Azamara was because of the lack of segregation..... 

Absolutely spot on Werangles. One of our KEY reasons for booking Azamara. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Our last cruise was in a club continent suite but we were thrown out for selecting that. If they only wanted the views of the top suites they should have used their management information to have selected participants rather than hack off a wider number. 
Creating exclusive areas - oh here we go again spoiling the Azamara experiences by dragging them to the RC/X model- would certainly get a vote from us, a vote from our wallet and feet to somewhere else. The fact the question has even been asked really worries me that at head office they’ve no idea what makes Azamara special or if they do they aren’t allowed to care by corporate big brother and the millennial children. 

• Like 3

I think the influx of former RCI and Celebrity executives into senior Azamara positions may be driving this, much like the new upgrade scheme.  These people have shown they have no clue as to what makes Azamara Azamara.  Having Azamara emulate mass-market lines like RCCL and Celebrity will drive away longtime Azamara loyalists--as it is doing me.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Our last cruise was in a club continent suite but we were thrown out for selecting that. If they only wanted the views of the top suites they should have used their management information to have selected participants rather than hack off a wider number. 
Creating exclusive areas - oh here we go again spoiling the Azamara experiences by dragging them to the RC/X model- would certainly get a vote from us, a vote from our wallet and feet to somewhere else. The fact the question has even been asked really worries me that at head office they’ve no idea what makes Azamara special or if they do they aren’t allowed to care by corporate big brother and the millennial children. 

It's disappointing to read that Azamara seems, like the UK Gov't, to be in a 'race to the bottom'! We are going into the Az product with open minds, having cruised many lines. Recently we have tried MSC Yacht Club (a fantastic experience), and Crystal (very good, but not worth the price) and plan next year to try Oceania and have booked for a 4th time in MSC Yacht Club!

5 hours ago, DRJVH said:

Absolutely spot on Werangles. One of our KEY reasons for booking Azamara. 

It would be a terrible mistake for Azamara to create a ""caste system".  We would also stop sailing with them if that happened and we have been with them since the beginning.

5 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

I think the influx of former RCI and Celebrity executives into senior Azamara positions may be driving this, much like the new upgrade scheme.  These people have shown they have no clue as to what makes Azamara Azamara.  Having Azamara emulate mass-market lines like RCCL and Celebrity will drive away longtime Azamara loyalists--as it is doing me.

It’s annoying when they can’t let any of the sister lines have a separate identity.  They seem to want all their lines to be as similar as possible to Royal Caribbean.  One size doesn’t fit all.  If we wanted a two tier experience, there are other lines we could cruise with (gee, like Celebrity or Royal Caribbean). In fact, the two tier experience is one of the reasons we have outgrown Celebrity, and won’t be going back.  I hope we don’t get chased away from Azamara by the same tactics. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

It’s annoying when they can’t let any of the sister lines have a separate identity.  They seem to want all their lines to be as similar as possible to Royal Caribbean.  One size doesn’t fit all.  If we wanted a two tier experience, there are other lines we could cruise with (gee, like Celebrity or Royal Caribbean). In fact, the two tier experience is one of the reasons we have outgrown Celebrity, and won’t be going back.  I hope we don’t get chased away from Azamara by the same tactics. 

Now that RCI has a significant financial interest in Silversea you would think they'd begin to understand the differences between an upscale boutique line and down-market mass-market lines.  I'm afraid they're just short-term money-grubbers.