Creeping ^ Specialty Dining Prices

nelblu

Was looking at the cruise planner for our Easter '20 cruise and the pricing are ever increasing.  The 3 dining package is $115 pp versus $99 on our August Anthem cruise.  Chops +1 is $84 versus $79.  Also, Chops and Jamie's are not listed in the SR section..:classic_huh:

2 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Chops + 1 for 84?  I just spent 89 for the 3 night dining package this year and could choose any.  That's some lousy pricing 

I know, it's nuts.  I'm glad they still have the D+ BOGO and IMO its becoming an even more valuable perc.

Just now, nelblu said:

I'm glad they still have the D+ BOGO and IMO its becoming an even more valuable perc.

Yes and no....

Yes... if you only plan to dine twice in specialty on any given cruise.

No... if you plan to buy the UDP, where it works out to about $20 pp more or less 

The actual BOGO offered to all cruisers on the cruise planner up to about 6 months ago (replaced by Chops +1) truly rendered the D+ BOGO as totally worthless for a couple of years.... not anymore I suppose.

Just now, ryano said:

The UDP is also showing up for $215.00 on some sailings too.   I guess as long as people will pay it, they will keep raising it.   

I guess there are enough people with the attitude that they are on vacation and don't care how much they spend.... I don't happen to be one of them.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Was looking at the cruise planner for our Easter '20 cruise and the pricing are ever increasing.  The 3 dining package is $115 pp versus $99 on our August Anthem cruise.  Chops +1 is $84 versus $79.  Also, Chops and Jamie's are not listed in the SR section..:classic_huh:

I avoid Easter week in general due to the bump in prices.  Was your base cruise cost not already higher than the weeks before/after Easter?

1 hour ago, ryano said:

The UDP is also showing up for $215.00 on some sailings too.   I guess as long as people will pay it, they will keep raising it.   

Agree, and I'm thinking that they are easily getting the higher prices by the price trends we see.

1 hour ago, ptod said:

I avoid Easter week in general due to the bump in prices.  Was your base cruise cost not already higher than the weeks before/after Easter?

Booked 4 cabins as Easter week vacation with family.  Booked last April and cost $1085 per for a CP balcony net of D+ balcony discounts.  2 cabins for 2 was cheaper than a Quad, which I could not believe.  Also, each cabin comes with  $100 in obcs and the Neighborhood promo of bottle of wine and lunch at Jamie's.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MandyMooToo said:

For comparison, on our 2020 Freedom cruise:

UDP $168pp

Chops +1 $65pp

3 Night DP $79

That's what we routinely saw for our upcoming Freedom cruise in Nov.  But keep watching because I purchased the 3 night for $69 several months ago and have recently seen the UDP for $154.  

In contrast, for our Mediterranean cruise on Allure next summer, UDP is $215 and 3 night is well over 100.  At those prices, we'll pass on the dining plans.

1 hour ago, HicksRA said:

They’ll keep pushing the limits until the purchases fall off. I think they’re looking for the ceiling on all their prices. 

I find it interesting that they have not yet found the ceiling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Clarea changed the title to Creeping ^ Specialty Dining Prices
23 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Interesting on Navigator this week I thought I may try Hooked.   Ask if there was any discount being offered.  No for Hooked but they mentioned 30% for Jamie's.  I passed.

Hooked on Navigator was soooo good.

• Like 1

We are on NAV 4 night for April 20...it’s MA school vacation week but it’s after Easter.  

I have been watching cruise planner purchases since May and have seen a bunch of fluctuations...  we have seen Unlimited Dining between 95 and 116...it’s 116 this weekend which is the highest I have seen it, but nothing is on sale in the cruise planner right now.    

For example - last week I got 3 device WiFi for $24/day...today it’s back to $37/day...