Oceania - Loyalty Program

deus

I researched but could not seem to find this information on the loyalty program with Oceania.  I thought for sure I saw it at one time but was not able to find it now.  My question is if I am on my 10th point while on a cruise do I move to that 10th point level - being silver membership level?  Or do I stay at the Bronze Level and then on my next cruise I move to the silver level?  Sorry if I am not being clear.

Thanks for the help!

1 hour ago, deus said:

I researched but could not seem to find this information on the loyalty program with Oceania.  I thought for sure I saw it at one time but was not able to find it now.  My question is if I am on my 10th point while on a cruise do I move to that 10th point level - being silver membership level?  Or do I stay at the Bronze Level and then on my next cruise I move to the silver level?  Sorry if I am not being clear.

Thanks for the help!

You acquire the cruise's associated loyalty points on day 1 of any Oceania cruise. If your new point total qualifies you for the next loyalty level, you'll enjoy the added perks starting on day 1 of that cruise, e.g., "silver" gets you gratuities or an in lieu SBC (if your TA covered them). That SBC is usually about $250 but can vary depending on cruise length). You also get extra O Club SBC.

Flatbush Flyer - So I would be at Bronze level before my 30 day South African cruise.  So my 30 Day South African cruise would put me to silver level.  I can't seem to say it clearly - sorry!!  Okay to be blunt I have as follows taken:  one - 19 day, one 29 day, one 10 day, one 18 day, one 10 day, one 7 day, one 14 day and then my 30 day cruise.

So these cruises put me at the Silver level during the 30 day cruise. -  I am really sorry for being a silly!!

Thank you for your help!!

21 minutes ago, deus said:

Flatbush Flyer - So I would be at Bronze level before my 30 day South African cruise.  So my 30 Day South African cruise would put me to silver level.  I can't seem to say it clearly - sorry!!  Okay to be blunt I have as follows taken:  one - 19 day, one 29 day, one 10 day, one 18 day, one 10 day, one 7 day, one 14 day and then my 30 day cruise.

So these cruises put me at the Silver level during the 30 day cruise. -  I am really sorry for being a silly!!

Thank you for your help!!

Are you taking the other cruises as part of the 30 day trip or you have already taken those cruises?

How many cruise  credits listed do you have under the Oceania club when you sign into Oceania site ?

If the 30 day cruise will be #10   then when you step on the ship the perks kick in for Silver

If your cruise is after Nov 1st 2019

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/oceania-club-after-november-2019

33 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Are you taking the other cruises as part of the 30 day trip or you have already taken those cruises?

How many cruise  credits listed do you have under the Oceania club when you sign into Oceania site ?

If the 30 day cruise will be #10   then when you step on the ship the perks kick in for Silver

If your cruise is after Nov 1st 2019

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/oceania-club-after-november-2019

It looks like the 30 day cruise will be 9 & 10 credits. I think there is 8 going into it. You should be Silver when you step on board. 

Hi LHT28

No I am not taking any other cruise as part of the 30 day South African cruise.  The 30 day South African cruise would put me to my 10th cruise level.  All other cruises up to that point would put me at the 8th level.  The 30 day South African cruise would give me the 9th and then the 10th level during that cruse

I just wanted to make sure while I am on that 30 day South African cruise my gratuities will be covered by my Silver Level which I would reach while on that cruise.  I would be at the 9th and then the l0th level - giving me the Silver level while on that 30 day South Africa cruise.

Thanks you for your help, I really do appreciate it!

4 minutes ago, deus said:

Hi LHT28

No I am not taking any other cruise as part of the 30 day South African cruise.  The 30 day South African cruise would put me to my 10th cruise level.  All other cruises up to that point would put me at the 8th level.  The 30 day South African cruise would give me the 9th and then the 10th level during that cruse

I just wanted to make sure while I am on that 30 day South African cruise my gratuities will be covered by my Silver Level which I would reach while on that cruise.  I would be at the 9th and then the l0th level - giving me the Silver level while on that 30 day South Africa cruise.

Thanks you for your help, I really do appreciate it!

I would ask your TA to check but you may get the benefits for Silver for the whole cruise  if it is  a Grand voyage or extended voyage   ..whatever it is marketed as

Enjoy

• Like 1

Deus!  (good morning!)

to look your O Club benefits find "Ultimate Value" tab in upper right of O website.  Click and now you'll see what you get for  each level!

have a great cruise(s)!!! 

Edited by cbb
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, ORV said:

It looks like the 30 day cruise will be 9 & 10 credits. I think there is 8 going into it. You should be Silver when you step on board. 

Is this true?

Does this extend to world cruises as well?  For example, you have never sailed O before and a world cruise is the first cruise you book.  I know you get pre-paid gratuities for a world cruise, but do you get Gold level perks as well (i.e., a second set of tips in lieu for passing silver plus Gold level O Club OBCs) when you get on board the world cruise?!?

2 hours ago, Traveling Fools said:

Another question regarding awarding of points.

Does class of cabin have any bearing on points earned?

no just the number of days of the cruise

cruises up to 24 days get 1 cruise point

Seems to be  a secret  now as  they do not show the  formula  of getting points on the website   or at least I cannot find it🤔

so  I did a search  & found this in another thread

Cruises up to 24 days will receive one cruise credit

Cruises 25-34 days will receive two cruise credits

Cruises 35-44 days will receive three cruise credits

Cruises 45-54 days will receive four cruise credits

Cruises 55-64 days will receive five cruise credits

Cruises 65-99 days will receive seven cruise credits

Cruises 100-157 days will receive ten cruise credits

Cruises 158 + days will receive fifteen cruise credits

• Like 2

The only bearing the class of cabin you book will have is determining which cabin you get on your free cruise. You get an average of the class you have booked for the previous 19, or 39 or 59. 

On 10/18/2019 at 8:46 PM, LHT28 said:

I would ask your TA to check but you may get the benefits for Silver for the whole cruise  if it is  a Grand voyage or extended voyage   ..whatever it is marketed as

Enjoy

That's correct. If the cruise is booked as a Grand Voyage then yes, they would get all the points for the entire trip upfront. We met a couple that had booked the same itinerary as our Miami - Tahiti 37 day Grand Voyage, but as a back-to-back. We got 3 points as soon as we boarded. They got 1 point when they boarded for the first segment and then 1 point when the second segment began. 

Edited by Rob the Cruiser

On 10/21/2019 at 8:40 AM, ORV said:

The only bearing the class of cabin you book will have is determining which cabin you get on your free cruise. You get an average of the class you have booked for the previous 19, or 39 or 59. 

Good to know, thanks ORV

Thanks everyone for all the help.

CC does not seem to be working all that well lately!!  I only get sporadic notifications if I comment on something.  And I had pressed the button "Notify Me of Replies".  I was just looking around on CC and notice there were more replies to my question.  And while I am complaining (LOL!) I wish they could fix the Roll Calls - you have to search through the whole Sirena roll call to find yours each and every time.  I wonder why they changed that - not very good - in my humble opinion!!

Again thanks for all the help!!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, deus said:

I wish they could fix the Roll Calls - you have to search through the whole Sirena roll call to find yours each and every time.  I wonder why they changed that - not very good - in my humble opinion!!

Well when you find  just bookmark it 

4 hours ago, deus said:

Thanks everyone for all the help.

CC does not seem to be working all that well lately!!  I only get sporadic notifications if I comment on something.  And I had pressed the button "Notify Me of Replies".  I was just looking around on CC and notice there were more replies to my question.  And while I am complaining (LOL!) I wish they could fix the Roll Calls - you have to search through the whole Sirena roll call to find yours each and every time.  I wonder why they changed that - not very good - in my humble opinion!!

On cell phone:  Boards...oceania...near top look for find your roll call... next screen  another find your roll call link, it has a gold star to left... select it... next screen will have 3 search boxes: line, ship, month. Then just look for your date.  Procedure on desktop site is different, but basically similar. Hope this helps.

Edited by FetaCheese
Spelling

2 hours ago, deus said:

LHT28 - Thanks for the great idea.  For some it might be common sense but for me, who is computer lagging - a great idea!!

if using  a PC you can go to the top of your roll call when you find it

There is  a link  "FOLLOW"  click on it  a click on the top option  then scroll down & hit  FOLLOW

then when you check into CC again if there are new posts you will see a notification at the top by the Bell icon