Summer 2021 brochure

1 hour ago, Tapi said:

Just curious what my fellow cruisers from the UK think of the itineraries with ports of call like Tampa, Miami and Ft Lauderdale. I’m an American who lived in Florida for many years, so I’m guessing that, most likely, I don’t see these places in the same light as vacationers coming from another country. 

Hi Tapi  i live in So,ton and have worked with the cruise ships for many years , England scotland and Wales are lovely places to visit, so going back to cruises from the U.K Princess  cruses put in two ship each year one for Norway and Mediterranean 

the other ship for UK Cruises only with Ireland and guernsey

Southampton

Dublin Cork and Belfast

Liverpool Edinburgh and Orkney,s

Le,havre  (FRANCE) and Guernsey

Southampton.

80% of Passengers are from the U.S as this is generally a fly cruise , and its a very good and easy way of seeing the UK.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tapi said:

Just curious what my fellow cruisers from the UK think of the itineraries with ports of call like Tampa, Miami and Ft Lauderdale. I’m an American who lived in Florida for many years, so I’m guessing that, most likely, I don’t see these places in the same light as vacationers coming from another country. 

Hi Tapi  i live in So,ton and have worked with the cruise ships for many years , England scotland and Wales are lovely places to visit, so going back to cruises from the U.K Princess  cruses put in two ship each year one for Norway and Mediterranean 

the other ship for UK Cruises only with Ireland and guernsey

Southampton

Dublin Cork and Belfast

Liverpool Edinburgh and Orkney,s

Le,havre  (FRANCE) and Guernsey

Southampton.

80% of Passengers are from the U.S as this is generally a fly cruise , and its a very good and easy way of seeing the UK.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tapi said:

2 hours ago, Tapi said:

2 hours ago, Tapi said:

Sorry every body i think my lap top is playing up, Going back to Tapi question its the first time a british cruise company has put a ship in to a US  Port and i think it has come as a surprize that so many U.S. Ports have been included in the cruise,s from New york to Key west to Tampa and New orleans .

4 hours ago, so,ton saint said:

Also Jim i see they have ordered another 787-9

Never saw that SS but to be fair know nothing about planes or sizes.I take it thats another dreamliner?

A plane is generally a means of getting me where I want to be 😊

On 11/4/2019 at 4:08 PM, so,ton saint said:

Hi Colbrit

would you know the better of the two ports as you know only one per cruise Charlestown or Norfolk with New York and Nassau thanks in advance

Hi - I personally haven’t been to either however I would choose Charleston over Norfolk just because I’ve heard of Charleston and know it’s a charming southern city.

17 minutes ago, Colbrit said:

Hi - I personally haven’t been to either however I would choose Charleston over Norfolk just because I’ve heard of Charleston and know it’s a charming southern city.

I’ve visited both. Charleston would definitely be my 1st choice. It has a charming downtown area, with quaint shops and restaurants, and it tells the story of the American  “South” in a much better way than any other place (Savannah, Georgia would be a close second). 

Norfolk has some attractions, and you can also learn about history there as well, but downtown Norfolk isn’t quaint. The architecture is more like “Anytown USA”. There are things to do though. The ship docks right next to Nauticus, the Maritime Museum which is worth a visit. There’s als a recently redeveloped waterfront entertainment area next to the cruise terminal, with several restaurants and live entertainment. 

I do enjoy both destinations, but for someone needing to choose between the two, I’d go with Charleston.

9 hours ago, so,ton saint said:

Sorry every body i think my lap top is playing up, Going back to Tapi question its the first time a british cruise company has put a ship in to a US  Port and i think it has come as a surprize that so many U.S. Ports have been included in the cruise,s from New york to Key west to Tampa and New orleans .

Here's one American's thought.

We sailed on Fred.Olsen Braemar in 2008 when she did a number of cruises out of Miami.  I believe we were among 29 Americans on board.  We enjoyed being on a smaller, older ship, and we definitely enjoyed the different ambience, food, and entertainment of a British ship.  

That cruise was to the Caribbean, but we would actually prefer sailing to the US coastal cities mentioned, so if this eventuates, we will be looking to book, as long as prices are fairly comparable.

A couple of our fellow American passengers were a bit miffed at the lack of iced tea, and didn't have an interest in participating in the "crackers" provided at the Christmas dinner.  I'd hope that advertising, (or posts on CC), will educate potential passengers on some of the differences.

Now, my question:  Do people tend to dress up more on Marella than on RCI/Carnival/NCL/X?

3 hours ago, so,ton saint said:

Hi have sailed up the river Hudson many times but many moons ago, the dock then was Pier 90 but iam just inquistive have you got new cruise terminals up and down the river hobokin side new york side , yes i mean fifty years ago. 

I wonder which cruise terminal would be used by Marella in NYC - as TUI Cruises use Cape Liberty in Bayonne New Jersey.

1 hour ago, Colbrit said:

I wonder which cruise terminal would be used by Marella in NYC - as TUI Cruises use Cape Liberty in Bayonne New Jersey.

If it is Bayonne that will mean a coach trip to Jersey and cross either Holland or Lincoln  tunnel. unless the local,s say any different.

Summer 2021 on sale now on the TUI website.

Noticed the premium AI has increased it seems to £60ppw.

Some errata from Marella for these American cruises:

If you are a U.S. citizen (this includes those with dual citizenship) you are not allowed to sail on this itinerary. Passengers under the age of 21 can not travel on their own and must have someone on the booking who is 21 or over.

If you book a back to back cruise, on changeover day midway through your cruise it will be necessary to for you to disembark the ship to comply with U.S. Customs and Immigration. Information as to when this will be done will be given to you onboard the ship.

When in U.S. territorial waters where the legal minimum drinking age is 21, no one under the age of 21 may purchase or drink alcohol onboard the ship.

When filling out your ESTA application you will be asked to enter a U.S. contact address. For those of you who have a hotel stay included in your holiday use your hotel address, if you're only cruising with us please put "in transit".

5 hours ago, Colbrit said:

Summer 2021 on sale now on the TUI website.

Noticed the premium AI has increased it seems to £60ppw.

Some errata from Marella for these American cruises:

If you are a U.S. citizen (this includes those with dual citizenship) you are not allowed to sail on this itinerary. Passengers under the age of 21 can not travel on their own and must have someone on the booking who is 21 or over.

If you book a back to back cruise, on changeover day midway through your cruise it will be necessary to for you to disembark the ship to comply with U.S. Customs and Immigration. Information as to when this will be done will be given to you onboard the ship.

When in U.S. territorial waters where the legal minimum drinking age is 21, no one under the age of 21 may purchase or drink alcohol onboard the ship.

When filling out your ESTA application you will be asked to enter a U.S. contact address. For those of you who have a hotel stay included in your holiday use your hotel address, if you're only cruising with us please put "in transit".

Is this for all the itineraries? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2019 at 3:34 PM, davecttr said:

It looks as if I might be looking at Princess for my summer 21 Norway fix, if I can get a reasonable price. none of the Marella itineries really appeal to me

Typical, I am trying Marella for the first time next July and they pull the ship, not only from Newcastle but from all the U.K. this could be my one and only.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/5/2019 at 10:04 PM, Tapi said:

I’ve visited both. Charleston would definitely be my 1st choice. It has a charming downtown area, with quaint shops and restaurants, and it tells the story of the American  “South” in a much better way than any other place (Savannah, Georgia would be a close second). 

Norfolk has some attractions, and you can also learn about history there as well, but downtown Norfolk isn’t quaint. The architecture is more like “Anytown USA”. There are things to do though. The ship docks right next to Nauticus, the Maritime Museum which is worth a visit. There’s als a recently redeveloped waterfront entertainment area next to the cruise terminal, with several restaurants and live entertainment. 

I do enjoy both destinations, but for someone needing to choose between the two, I’d go with Charleston.

On 11/7/2019 at 12:43 PM, CruiseAdict218 said:

Is this for all the itineraries? 

On 11/7/2019 at 9:46 PM, shipgeeks said:

Well, that is disappointing!

Hello all,

My source at TUI has told me that they have reconsidered the decision they originally made and will now allow US passport holders and dual citizens of the USA/other countries to travel on their new USA sailings in summer 2021.

35 minutes ago, Jim The Scot said:

Could that be down to poor take up from the UK

We have bit the bullet and booked the Big Apple Adventure cruise  in August 2021 followed by a week in Orlando.Looking forward to it.

Hi Jim

I am also ready to book over the Christmas , new year period looking to do B-B  in june having the Charleston New York and the Amber Cove- T.C Islands, have done the parks with the grand boys many years ago with Carnival and Virgin very enjoyable.

56 minutes ago, Jim The Scot said:

Could that be down to poor take up from the UK

We have bit the bullet and booked the Big Apple Adventure cruise  in August 2021 followed by a week in Orlando.Looking forward to it.

My source has said that the repositional Sunshine & Jazz has sold well - and they’re happy with the response so far for the other dates.

Good to have a cruise to look forward to - however those prices aren’t tempting me at the moment. I’m looking at a 2 week on with New York in May 2021 but I’ll hold my nerve.

4 hours ago, Colbrit said:

Hello all,

My source at TUI has told me that they have reconsidered the decision they originally made and will now allow US passport holders and dual citizens of the USA/other countries to travel on their new USA sailings in summer 2021.

Will folk from the U.S want to sail on 20 year old ships, they have modern brand new ships from Royal, Celebrity and Carnival, but the saying goes many a tune played on a old fiddle, lets wait and see.

51 minutes ago, so,ton saint said:

Hi Jim

I am also ready to book over the Christmas , new year period looking to do B-B  in june having the Charleston New York and the Amber Cove- T.C Islands, have done the parks with the grand boys many years ago with Carnival and Virgin very enjoyable.

Hi SS

Mrs Jim The Scot has been to NY twice,me i,ve never been but its always been on my bucket list so looking forward to that .The fact we stay over is even better

The only slight concern is,I think its hurricane season when we go

48 minutes ago, Colbrit said:

My source has said that the repositional Sunshine & Jazz has sold well - and they’re happy with the response so far for the other dates.

Good to have a cruise to look forward to - however those prices aren’t tempting me at the moment. I’m looking at a 2 week on with New York in May 2021 but I’ll hold my nerve.

Hi Colbrit

Yeah the price was probably higher than we were wanting to pay but hey we only live once.We went the whole hog and booked premium on the plane as well.Paid a minimal deposit and i,m tracking prices and if they drop will cancel and re book

Edited by Jim The Scot