Cruise Critic Community
Noggins

Live from Crystal Symphony - New Orleans to Miami - 25th October

33 minutes ago, Noggins said:

(No oysters in sight - and whilst I do like them they're not a breakfast staple for me - anymore than grits are..😬)

Have you tried grits with butter, cheese, salt and pepper?? You just might be converted! 😎

Patty

27 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

Have you tried grits with butter, cheese, salt and pepper?? You just might be converted! 😎

Patty

Born a yankee, lived in the south for over 20 years.  Wife is a true southerner, she has mastered the preparation of grits, even I can eat them now.

Shrimp and grits, although it sound questionable, is well worth a try.

2 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Which hotel has the pleasure of your company - and do they have an Oyster bar!

Now, come along, pay attention!!

#34 refers..🙄😁

(No oysters in sight - and whilst I do like them they're not a breakfast staple for me - anymore than grits are..😬)

Thank goodness for balcony overhangs! They facilitated a short explore in the rain / drizzle.

The photo of the river shows Symphony. For those less familiar with Crystal she is the one in the background not the one in the fore ground...

And a picture to keep Stickman's gastric juice working...

IMG_20191025_102137.jpg

IMG_20191025_104158.jpg

IMG_20191025_100041.jpg

IMG_20191025_102409.jpg

1 hour ago, Noggins said:

Grits, ok, I'll give them another go.....

This northerner/Yankee, who has lived in the south for 30 years couldn't imagine eating grits!!!  However, once I tried shrimp and grits, the rest was history...it can be so good!!!

sorry that the storm that passed through my city, Houston, has made an appearance in NOLA.  Good news, the sun is always shining inside the Symphony!!  It's possible you're enjoying a lovely lunch onboard as I write this.

enjoy,

Nancy

Uh oh, you've done it now Adrian! I can see a new trend starting for embarkation lunch - bored of the classic Cobb? Just add shrimp, Genius! I'll certainly be trying it in January!

On 10/25/2019 at 6:02 AM, Stickman1990 said:

Qantas are actually in the final stages of decommissioning their 747 fleet

Was “lucky” enough to be on this one last night from SFO to SYD, why they put it on such a popular long haul route is beyond me, given they fly the 787 or A380 to LAX. Once one of my favorite planes, they have certainly had their day, I think there are just two left in the Qantas fleet, just my luck. This particular one is being decommissioned next month.  The “flat” beds have an ever so slight angle to them - thank goodness for anti inflammatories...

C39B9FD1-512F-49B5-AA65-2E5B5ACBB5E4.jpeg

7C5AE972-42B8-40EB-9AA0-A2F710C5DC27.jpeg

Looking forward to following along Adrian and I love the innovation on the Cobb Salad...

Re the American Airlines Flagship lounge, I have noticed these in several cities recently - Dallas, San Francisco. I too was shocked at the size and offering within them, seems like they are finally upping the ante, great to see the investment being made.

56 minutes ago, Fly Fast Cruise Slow said:

Looking forward to following along Adrian and I love the innovation on the Cobb Salad...

Re the American Airlines Flagship lounge, I have noticed these in several cities recently - Dallas, San Francisco. I too was shocked at the size and offering within them, seems like they are finally upping the ante, great to see the investment being made.

You are correct.  They have enhanced them in several airports in addition to San Francisco and DFW, including JFK and LAX and have enhanced the lounges, the food and the drink.

Keith

The United Polaris lounges are head and shoulders above the "regular" United lounges. They are available to those on United (or other Star Alliance airlines) international business class or higher passengers on the day of their flight only, so that keeps the numbers using the lounge at a very manageable level.

Patty

Edited by Texas Tillie

1 hour ago, Fly Fast Cruise Slow said:

Was “lucky” enough to be on this one last night from SFO to SYD, why they put it on such a popular long haul route is beyond me, given they fly the 787 or A380 to LAX. Once one of my favorite planes, they have certainly had their day, I think there are just two left in the Qantas fleet, just my luck. This particular one is being decommissioned next month.  The “flat” beds have an ever so slight angle to them - thank goodness for anti inflammatories...

C39B9FD1-512F-49B5-AA65-2E5B5ACBB5E4.jpeg

Hope your back recovers 

We did our last one (hopefully!) out of Tokyo to Sydney back in May - it was retired after that flight and my seat got stuck in the recliner position!

I hope to never see that view of the Skybed II again - and certainly never to sit/lay in one again 

I’m not playing Russian roulette with the Qantas A380s til they’re all refurbished with the new seats so it will be Dreamliner or Virgin for me for the next year or so 

The Queen of the Skies she may be but like Queen Elizabeth II she’s starting to show her age 

For those that enjoy the fine detail...attachment1.en (2).pdf

I hope I've done that right? If I have attached my banking details please look away. 🙄

And if you're wondering - yes, it's still pouring with rain. 🌧️

22 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Queen Elizabeth II she’s starting to show her age 

That's no way to speak about Her Majesty!!

'Orf with 'is 'ead'!

😳

Adrian,

great job posting today's Reflections!!!  Off to read it.  Thanks so much.

your shrimp Cobb salad looked great.

nola weather looks bad but you'll be gone soon.

enjoy,

nancy

Edited by nancygp

6 minutes ago, Noggins said:

That's no way to speak about Her Majesty!!

'Orf with 'is 'ead'!

😳

Oi you - just worry about how your Rugby teams going to play tonight in Japan - the All Blacks are going to give them a lesson I suspect 🙂 I saw an article yesterday where the Kiwis are saying it will be revenge for the Cricket 20/20 World Cup (at this point our US friends are googling frantically to try and work out what these sports are! 🙂)

Thanks for posting Reflections.

I'm  on the next cruise!

Adrian - well if your rugby team doesn’t make you laugh then at least you have John Joseph to look forward to - I think he’s performing tonight. Definitely one of our favourite entertainers on Crystal - you are lucky to have him on your cruise 

11 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Oi you - just worry about how your Rugby teams going to play tonight in Japan - the All Blacks are going to give them a lesson I suspect 🙂 I saw an article yesterday where the Kiwis are saying it will be revenge for the Cricket 20/20 World Cup (at this point our US friends are googling frantically to try and work out what these sports are! 🙂)

You were saying????  I think 19-7 to England answers that one!!!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🌺🌺

Anne....

12 hours ago, Noggins said:

For those that enjoy the fine detail...attachment1.en (2).pdf

I hope I've done that right? If I have attached my banking details please look away. 🙄

And if you're wondering - yes, it's still pouring with rain. 🌧️

Thanks for posting reflections...seeing my embarkation date in black and white is exciting (nov 8  😎

not trying to rush your sailing or blog by any means...im not packed 😳

really enjoying following along

eileen

Adrian - let me be the first to congratulate your boys on a well deserved win - well done!

We are in NZ next Saturday so it’s going to be a very funny time watching the finals with the Kiwis!

Well done! 

Sadly I didn't see the match but naturally I never doubted our brave boys!

Now we just need Lewis Hamilton to clinch his 6th world championship this weekend...

🏎️

2 hours ago, Jayayeff said:

You were saying????  I think 19-7 to England answers that one!!!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🌺🌺

Anne....

We were all cheering for England ( remember we are really Australians) - they played so well - very impressive. So a well deserved victory - so much possession and if they had lost it would have been a big surprise! 

Edited by Stickman1990