1/2 price drinks Red Frog Pub - embarkation day

cdm289

I didn't consider that buckets of beer might be half price.  That's the only thing I can think of for getting that much beer.  It seems like a lot of buckets though (assuming a 24 can case, so 36 beers or 9 buckets).  I understand enjoying an advertised special but monopolizing it, making it harder for others to enjoy the same deal, seems wrong.  I think a limit of 2 specials per 30 minutes would be reasonable to allow everyone a chance.

From our Miracle Cruise, I told my son about Happy Hour at the Red Frog Pub. He went to buy beer and this was the dialogue. My son asked to buy a bucket of beer and was told the buckets of beer were not a part of Happy Hour pricing. My son was told he could buy individual bottles of beer at half price. He ordered 4 bottles. The bartender sold him the bottles and then asked my son if he would like a bucket and some ice to carry his beers in. YES! His wife and their friends all ordered the individual beers and received buckets and ice to carry the bottles. Also the same brand of beer was cheaper than at the pool even before the Happy Hour pricing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I guess since a bucket-o-beer is already slightly discounted, that's why they do that.  So, I guess I'll buy 4, drink one and take the rest to the cabin.  Rinse and repeat (maybe once; I'm certainly not going to stash a case of beer in the cabin!

On 10/24/2019 at 5:29 PM, sunonfire said:

From our Miracle Cruise, I told my son about Happy Hour at the Red Frog Pub. He went to buy beer and this was the dialogue. My son asked to buy a bucket of beer and was told the buckets of beer were not a part of Happy Hour pricing. My son was told he could buy individual bottles of beer at half price. He ordered 4 bottles. The bartender sold him the bottles and then asked my son if he would like a bucket and some ice to carry his beers in. YES! His wife and their friends all ordered the individual beers and received buckets and ice to carry the bottles. Also the same brand of beer was cheaper than at the pool even before the Happy Hour pricing.

Sounds like something the government would make up.