Do Diamond Members receive money off balcony cabins and above if they book with TA

There are some UK TAs who don't give it if they are selling the cruise at an already discounted rate. We didn't get it for our upcoming Quantum cruise but the (very well known) TA was offering a much cheaper price than RCL so we went with them. I think we've also had this once previously with a different TA.

• Like 1

I while ago I tried to book into a group rate for a Dec 06, 2020 sailing on the Oasis. I was informed that they would not honor our balcony discount, because the price was cheap enough. I went to another vendor online and booked using our balcony discount. It was their loss. As to why they wouldn't They told me there would be a cocktail hour. I don't need or want a cocktail hour. I can use either of the lounges every night at zero cost.

1 hour ago, kernow said:

There are some UK TAs who don't give it if they are selling the cruise at an already discounted rate. We didn't get it for our upcoming Quantum cruise but the (very well known) TA was offering a much cheaper price than RCL so we went with them. I think we've also had this once previously with a different TA.

I'm going to call my TA tomorrow. I'm sure the answer will be no as I got an early bird booking discount but it's worth a shot.

Our major online TA took our Celebrity Elite status, signed us up in Crown and Anchor as Diamond and gave us the RC balcony discount after we booked. I was impressed with the service! It was within the 24 hour booking window! Didn’t realize we would be eligible as one of the reciprocal benefits but TA happy to do it!

Certain US agencies do not allow clients combine it with some of their "special" rates. One of them is the agency in NH (cannot post the name, but most of you get it).....certain deeply discounted rates they have on some sailings are not eligible.

4 hours ago, Turangi! said:

Our major online TA took our Celebrity Elite status, signed us up in Crown and Anchor as Diamond and gave us the RC balcony discount after we booked. I was impressed with the service! It was within the 24 hour booking window! Didn’t realize we would be eligible as one of the reciprocal benefits but TA happy to do it!

What you got was the reciprocal status of D, not D itself.  Just like when we cruise Celebrity, our D+ status gives us a higher status than we'd normally have.  You still have to earn the points to move up in status on RCI.  So, even though you got the status on the cruise, you still need the actual points to move beyond D.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, kernow said:

Looks like it's another difference with UK bookings.

Depends on what rate they have. If it is a NET rate or some group allocation which is already deeply discounted they will not allow the balcony discount.

OT - but I hope you do a Live From Quantum post if possible please as very interested in your thoughts on that one!

cheers

LBx

9 minutes ago, little britain said:

OT - but I hope you do a Live From Quantum post if possible please as very interested in your thoughts on that one!

cheers

LBx

I'm planning on it as it's so difficult to get any info. I'm hoping someone does a review in the next few weeks once she is out of drydock so we know what actually has been done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Depends on what rate they have. If it is a NET rate or some group allocation which is already deeply discounted they will not allow the balcony discount.

cheers

LBx

My TA has just confirmed that our booking is a NET rate and therefore RCI will not allow any balcony discount.

Not sure if it has been said, but Royal does not allow you to combine discounts on most promotions.  So you can use your balcony credit if there is no current promotion.  Most times the promotion price beats the diamond discount.  A good TA will at least call and price out and work on your behalf to get it.  When you book through a large chain like that, I am not sure how much they go to bat for  you.