Price reduction

mgf316

1 minute ago, mgf316 said:

Hey everyone, it’s been awhile since I sailed Royal. I just want to know if the price goes down before final payment can I call and get it adjusted or does Royal not do that. Thanks in advance for the info!

Yes, Royal does that, but beware you may or may not lose any OBC/incentives offered with the previous pricing.

I don't know if it matters a lot, but I booked my 2020 Refundable cruise this past August for in an Oceanview.  I saw the price drop enough that I called my TA and moved up to Obstructed Cabin, and still saved about $200.  There was another price drop, so I called last week and wound up saving an additional $400.  There was another price drop.  Lucky me!  I'll be calling our TA again this week.  I feel badly about all of her paperwork, but money is money!  So many price drops can't be the norm, but in my case, it is!!  Just keep your eye on your cruise prices, and good luck with yours.😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I don't know if it matters a lot, but I booked my 2020 Refundable cruise this past August for in an Oceanview.  I saw the price drop enough that I called my TA and moved up to Obstructed Cabin, and still saved about $200.  There was another price drop, so I called last week and wound up saving an additional $400.  There was another price drop.  Lucky me!  I'll be calling our TA again this week.  I feel badly about all of her paperwork, but money is money!  So many price drops can't be the norm, but in my case, it is!!  Just keep your eye on your cruise prices, and good luck with yours.😀

For price adjustment, do you have to get a new cabin? The type of cabin I booked is already sold out and I don't want to lose it. There's no way to know the new price without availability, right?

5 minutes ago, jennyumaa said:

For price adjustment, do you have to get a new cabin? The type of cabin I booked is already sold out and I don't want to lose it. There's no way to know the new price without availability, right?

I'm not sure if I understand. Is your category sold out, and the price went down? If so, you may qualify for an upgrade to a better cabin. If, however, your category is sold out, and the guarantee cabin rate price went down, you would lose your cabin.

3 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

I'm not sure if I understand. Is your category sold out, and the price went down? If so, you may qualify for an upgrade to a better cabin. If, however, your category is sold out, and the guarantee cabin rate price went down, you would lose your cabin.

Sorry for not being clear. My understanding is, I can only find out the new prices for cabins that are still available. So if a category is sold out, future price fluctuation is irrelevant to me. Is the understanding correct?

2 minutes ago, jennyumaa said:

Sorry for not being clear. My understanding is, I can only find out the new prices for cabins that are still available. So if a category is sold out, future price fluctuation is irrelevant to me. Is the understanding correct?

Unless you want an upgrade, then yes.

3 minutes ago, jennyumaa said:

So if a category is sold out, future price fluctuation is irrelevant to me. Is the understanding correct?

Price drops for sold out categories are possible but are difficult to get and are probably very minimal on non-Suite cabins. 

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Did 8 reductions few yrs ago on one Cruise. Long as was at least $20 I called

• Like 1

Jennyumaa, I would think that if a stateroom category is sold out, there wouldn't be any reason for the cruise line to drop the price.  There are still quite a few staterooms available in my obstructed balcony, (40 available, last night)  so luckily for those in my category, there has been another price drop for my particular cruise.

You have nothing to lose by calling your Travel Agent to ask about this topic.  Good luck!

4 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Jennyumaa, I would think that if a stateroom category is sold out, there wouldn't be any reason for the cruise line to drop the price.  There are still quite a few staterooms available in my obstructed balcony, (40 available, last night)  so luckily for those in my category, there has been another price drop for my particular cruise.

You have nothing to lose by calling your Travel Agent to ask about this topic.  Good luck!

It is actually possible to get a price drop on a sold out category.  It happens when promotions change and the new promotion is applied across all categories, even the ones that are sold out as they do maintain pricing files on those in case of a cancellation.  There have been several posts on here from those that have successfully received a drop in a sold out category.

• Like 1

On my oasis cruise last November we booked a grand suite for 2500 per person , price kept going down and I called each time and got new price. Finally price went to 2k and was able to get a owners suite for others cost of grand suite. Keep checking those prices.